DBC offered NIL deal from Ruiz

Advertisement
I do love that he is back to being supported by the Canes and while Dave/Big Cat are teetering on making fun of him they at least seemingly care and are gentle. He is likely on the spectrum and as a father of a child on the spectrum I’m really glad to see the passion he exhibits for the Canes and the focus on it.

Makes sense. I figured this would happen and probably reason to turn down Portnoy offer too.
portnoy deal would have been worth way more than disability over his lifetime plus it's in today's dollars. i suppose he could lose medicaid which would potentially be a lot depending on his medical situation.

Advertisement
We now live in a world where a billionaire UM booster offers DBC $12K/year for life to use his name image and likeness, but DBC declines the deal to maintain eligibility for government benefits.

Incredible... but also very, very scary.
12K isn't a heck of a lot if thats your only source of income and you have serious medical issues.

God bless Danny. And what character to be brutally honest about being on disability. What an amazing Cane. People say things, but you never know what is going to happen in the future, so I get why he is scared to lose his benefits (even though its debatable).

I would LOVE Barstool and the Ruiz family to somehow set up a medical (and financial) irrevocable trust for him that guarantees he will be ok for life, so Danny can get out there and fully realize his potential in the media space.

There is no better Cane than this dude, and I would love to see him have as wonderful a life as possible.

Let Danny be Danny!

Advertisement
Credit to DBC for telling why he said no. A lot of people would just be vague. Like I’ve said before he could be making 100k for barstool but he doesn’t care about the money just the Canes.

We now live in a world where a billionaire UM booster offers DBC $12K/year for life to use his name image and likeness, but DBC declines the deal to maintain eligibility for government benefits.

Incredible... but also very, very scary.
Some people on disability get 3-4 thousand a month. I obviously have no idea what DBC gets, but 12K is more than likely less than what he gets from Uncle Sam. He also probably has to be careful with how much outside money he gets as it would/could reduce his benefit.

Advertisement
12K isn't a heck of a lot if thats your only source of income and you have serious medical issues.

If the $12K is his only source of income, that amount of income would not disqualify him from receiving Medicaid and SSDI benefits.

It is, of course, possible to lose disability benefits upon a finding that the individual is no longer totally disabled and is able to work. So maybe he's being cautious and looking out for that. On the other hand, coming out on YouTube and saying you're not accepting a $12K NIL deal because you are consciously making a decision to remain SSDI/Medicaid eligible could also impact a disability determination.

Advertisement
I’m happy to see the positive comments here for DBC. I’ve corresponded back and forth with him over the years when i was on twitter. Good guy who is a fanatical cane fan. In 2009 there was a movie “ Big Fan “ starring Patton Oswalt i swear that DBC’s story. Good flick!

I’m happy to see the positive comments here for DBC. I’ve corresponded back and forth with him over the years when i was on twitter. Good guy who is a fanatical cane fan. In 2009 there was a movie “ Big Fan “ starring Patton Oswalt i swear that DBC’s story. Good flick!
i actually feel for him more if he is that wrapped up with the canes. I just hope he takes losses in stride and doesn't let it impact his overall happiness.

Advertisement
Back