2024 DB Zavier Mincey

I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom, but say we land Ward at QB…I mean this team should win 10 games. It would be an absolute failure not to.

Now under the assumption we land a program-changing QB like Ward (and I still think we will shortly), now you start looking at weaknesses elsewhere. We’ve addressed the DT issue so far with Burroughs (maybe?), Cook, Clark, Scott and the other freshmen. If we can snag Allston from Marshall, now we’ve got three beast edge guys in Mesidor, Bain and Allston + Wayne, Lightfoot, Kelly, etc.

D-Line has been properly addressed. LBs have a lot of youth, I’d like to add one more to replace the veteran leadership of Cloyd/Flagg…but someone from the ‘23 class will have to step up.

Secondary was volatile at times, and I just don’t think there’s any depth there. It’s Brown and Porter at DB with nothing after that. All either unproven, true freshman, or the older Brown. Absolutely need DBs and I think Mario realizes that, hence him mentioning it recently. That’s our main weakness right now.
Yeah there’s a long way to go before rosters are finalized and even though the portal has been wild, this year seems to be even moreso

So far when Mario says something is his target, he has delivered so I’m cautiously optimistic

Advertisement
DB recruiting is so tough. Unless you’re able to land a Pat Peterson or Pat Surtain type, you need good development and coaching. For their faults in recruiting we do seem to have that in Rumph and Addae. Guess we’ll have to get the SOFL 3 stars and low 4 stars and hope they can coach them up 🤷🏻‍♂️
Get the SFLA 3-4 stars to go with a monster front 7 and you'll have a top 10 D. It's not like we are picking up 2 star kids from Delaware.

dude stop believing the nonsense. he can McCray are suppose to be a package. we arent even on him like that.
I love Mario but he’s capable of losing battles it happens to Saban as well and Kirby. Ofc you’re going to lose guys they aren’t perfect at recruiting. He has bodied numerous coaches but you can’t get everyone it’s impossible

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom, but say we land Ward at QB…I mean this team should win 10 games. It would be an absolute failure not to.

Now under the assumption we land a program-changing QB like Ward (and I still think we will shortly), now you start looking at weaknesses elsewhere. We’ve addressed the DT issue so far with Burroughs (maybe?), Cook, Clark, Scott and the other freshmen. If we can snag Allston from Marshall, now we’ve got three beast edge guys in Mesidor, Bain and Allston + Wayne, Lightfoot, Kelly, etc.

D-Line has been properly addressed. LBs have a lot of youth, I’d like to add one more to replace the veteran leadership of Cloyd/Flagg…but someone from the ‘23 class will have to step up.

Secondary was volatile at times, and I just don’t think there’s any depth there. It’s Brown and Porter at DB with nothing after that. All either unproven, true freshman, or the older Brown. Absolutely need DBs and I think Mario realizes that, hence him mentioning it recently. That’s our main weakness right now.
I like how Richard played to close the year, and Patterson should be instant help, but you're right that there is no depth and zero margin for injury here.

We've recruited like crap at DB for years, and did anyone think out secondary was a huge weakness this year? I certainly didn't.

Porter and Brown would form one of best CB tandems In the ACC.

Patterson is the #2 safety in the class behind Bolden. I don't want to start him in 2024, Riley helps here.

We need to keep improving talent and athleticism in the backend, but some here are going overboard imo.
Our DBs did just okay last year. The safeties missed assignments left and right but made plays as well. Our CBs were very good tacklers and found success blitzing but were picked on in coverage anytime we went up against an offense with a passing pulse. We are not where we need to be there whatsoever.

DB recruiting is a crime. We have to get rid of Addae. He has had multiple classes to step up. Raymond is out there. U make the move and go big for 2025.
Not only that, but Kam and JW gave him a great sales pitch to work with. There have been multiple reports of recruits/hs coaches not vibing with him. The longer it goes, the truer that seems.

Advertisement
Guy took one pic with saban and everyone got scared, we got severe PTSD from that guy, I’ll take Mario in 7 Zay to the U.
Agreed, Im never questioning Mario again. We got a top 3 recruiter in the sport.

If you include retaining TVD this past offseason, I got the count as 7-7 vs Bama since Mario arrived. He’s batting 50% against the greatest coach/recruiter in the history of the sport.

Mario will get his.

Advertisement
Agreed, Im never questioning Mario again. We got a top 3 recruiter in the sport.

If you include retaining TVD this past offseason, I got the count as 7-7 vs Bama since Mario arrived. He’s batting 50% against the greatest coach/recruiter in the history of the sport.

Mario will get his.
Facts if anything he’s weakening the opposition yearly

Advertisement
P@Cribby do you expect Mario to try and process Addae out? Will he be gone by April?

Interested Whats That GIF by BLoafX

Advertisement
Back