2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Advertisement
I imagine Addae has to be gone after the bowl game right? End of contract..sucks at recruiting..ok as on field coach. No prior relationship/loyalty.

Mario probably helps him find a job then moves on..hopefully he has an idea who'll be the new DB coach already.

Don't get me wrong. I believe you can find talent ANYWHERE. I just don't like to see us take too many fliers on low ranked players. 30 years ago, sure. Now? There just aren't many 2 star kids that are hidden 4 star gems anymore.
Unless you have a track record like Saban and Smart. If one of those coaches took a no star I would believe the sites got it wrong for sure.

Advertisement
Unless you have a track record like Saban and Smart. If one of those coaches took a no star I would believe the sites got it wrong for sure.
so if alonzo highsmith .... (a guy with NFL track record and UM's GM, together with Mario Cristobal) ..... wanted a no star, you would still believe witfong, or one of those tools who never played football, was a more learned authority?

and give me an example of saban or smart identifying a "no star" and developing them into a good player?

so if alonzo highsmith .... (a guy with NFL track record and UM's GM, together with Mario Cristobal) ..... wanted a no star, you would still believe witfong, or one of those tools who never played football, was a more learned authority?

and give me an example of saban or smart identifying a "no star" and developing them into a good player?
Josh Jacob’s was low rated I believe there have been a few. Jalen carter they just brought up and Jordan Davis.

If Mario and company start proving that their low rated guys hit they will have a track record. Right now they don’t have that imo (at least not at Miami cause it’s their second class)

We won’t know till years down the road if we have that. Like that DE from Bama we fought loserville for I think he’s going to be a star. We just fought off lame *** loserville and Jones we fought off who? FSU I think that’s it and his film is insane. Mark Manny Randy and Alf there low rated guys film even I hated and I’m not an expert. Although I did like Reyshawn Jenkins, kid still balling in the league. Not up to old UM standards but he can play.

Advertisement
I was shocked Addae returned after his first year here. I haven’t heard the most positive reviews of the guy in recruiting circles.
If he leaves have you heard any buzz on replacements? Brandon Shelby from Indiana I think would be awesome.

Advertisement
CB recruiting has been suspect for at least 10 years, if not longer. Last stud we got was the kid from Miramar High, I believe, and he did not live up to expectations.

Sucks because it's easy to see how this is going to play out next year. Miami DL will dominate most games but there will be 3 or 4 games where the opponents OL does a good job protecting their QB, and he'll shred the secondary to pieces.

Guidry went to the 3-3-5 out of necessity because we didn't have depth at DL or LB, now the problem will be the depth in the secondary. Expect we will see a lot more 4-3/3-4 next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could see Raymond being an option if there was a change. Timing is the only reason we missed on him the year before last.
People are saying he’s washed but he had a nice collection of DB talent committed at UF… he’s still able to sell his LSU development while also being another LA voice to get a pipeline going

CB recruiting has been suspect for at least 10 years, if not longer. Last stud we got was the kid from Miramar High, I believe, and he did not live up to expectations.
It has been suspect since after Shannon. We had some good ones since those days Mike Jack corn elder and others but no day one NFL draft caliber one since trelle and Phil buchanon

Advertisement
Back