Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world you are right. I work in insurance and competing agents throw kickbacks, commissions shares, and other (sometimes illegal) activities such as rebating (depending on the state) that my company will not do. Some clients make the decision to go with the competing agent, some don't because of the relationship. Same thing here. Some schools go to places and extents Miami will not or cannot afford the risk of going to. We have to win the battles that we can when the other enticements are not relevant and identify early when those recruits are only interested in that and make it clear that is not a place we are willing to go.

I think the "win the battles that we can" is where the disagreement comes in. I'm not saying we should be getting the top guys from California or Texas. But kids from South Florida that grew up in South Florida, that were coached in high school by current Miami coaches or that have years of relationships with Miami coaches are battles that we can win. We're never going to bat 100% but we need to bat at a higher % if we want to do more than win the Coastal.

And if we go by the old adage that "everybody cheats" then, by definition, so does Miami. Idk if its because we are Miami fans or because of Shapiro but I always find it funny when people assume everybody else is giving extra benefits but Miami isn't or "can't afford too". What makes us so different? And Richt coached at Georgia in the "$EC" and got plenty of elite kids so was he paying kids then? Find the loopholes and gray areas that everybody else is exploiting and use them to our advantage as well.

Advertisement
I think the "win the battles that we can" is where the disagreement comes in. I'm not saying we should be getting the top guys from California or Texas. But kids from South Florida that grew up in South Florida, that were coached in high school by current Miami coaches or that have years of relationships with Miami coaches are battles that we can win. We're never going to bat 100% but we need to bat at a higher % if we want to do more than win the Coastal.

And if we go by the old adage that "everybody cheats" then, by definition, so does Miami. Idk if its because we are Miami fans or because of Shapiro but I always find it funny when people assume everybody else is giving extra benefits but Miami isn't or "can't afford too". What makes us so different? And Richt coached at Georgia in the "$EC" and got plenty of elite kids so was he paying kids then? Find the loopholes and gray areas that everybody else is exploiting and use them to our advantage as well.

I understand what your saying and I don't think we are far off of the same idea. Except for the "cheating" of course. I actually don't think its nearly as prevalent at Miami as it is in the SEC, if it happens at all right now. Miami can hardly organize or generate enough money to get an IPF built and you think we have the booster network that cares enough to create a yearly fund to drop bags on recruits the way the SEC schools do? I would highly encourage you to forget about that whole idea all together because it wont be happening in Miami. That is the main loophole those schools are exploiting, their dark money booster network that is well funded and well connected back into the NCAA. So the we "can't afford too", we can't. We have a ton of money as a University, just not in the right places if that's what you think should be done.

Look at schools on the list and outside of USC and maybe OU because they are the flavor of the month we have a better chance than the rest of the schools in that top 8!

Advertisement
We wont know that yet till the games r played because he wasnt recruited hard by the big dogs, if hes elite than he was a steal but we wont know till the games r played.

Bruh.... who is this.... this isn't the dwinstitles I know.... lately u been posting like a ***** out of midol and tampons.... as if Folden is running the show... set my ***** free #BBD #BringBackDwinstitles #TheRealCanesinsightPosterNotPorster

Lol

Did brevin jordan visit a lot before he committed?

He didnt
But I believe he did come out and name us his leader? If he didn’t outright name us as the leader then he indicated it very strongly prior to his visit and there was a ton of smoke surrounding him and us. He also did not visit **** near every other school on his “top list” except us like this kid is doing. I’m still holding hope, mainly because we need this kid bad, just not counting him at all until he visits. Referring to Steele if that wasn’t clear.

Advertisement
Ivey got offered by Georgia, Auburn and South Carolina all within a week before he shut down his recruitment completely but “wasn’t recruited by the big dogs”.
Well if thats true then i didnt know they went all out for him. His recruitment was auiet cause he did it the right maybe thats why i didnt catch it.

Wouldn't that stand to reason with every single 2018 recruit then? Or just kids Miami has signed? All the rest of the 2018 class that went to the "big dogs" are already elite. Your posts are insufferable lately.
Y because i disagree? People have different opinion whether there negative or positive....people have to deal with that. I just think we r still losing too many elite sfla guys.....not more than the previous regimes though....we have done better with this staff but not good enough for me to be like yea we dominating cfb soon. But again thats my opinion n its ok to agree or disagree thats why they play the game we will know eventually. Im dying to be wrong about the way i feel......i want titles only and dominance thats my expectations based on our history.

He didnt
But I believe he did come out and name us his leader? If he didn’t outright name us as the leader then he indicated it very strongly prior to his visit and there was a ton of smoke surrounding him and us. He also did not visit **** near every other school on his “top list” except us like this kid is doing. I’m still holding hope, mainly because we need this kid bad, just not counting him at all until he visits. Referring to Steele if that wasn’t clear.

Ive been saying i get the brevin jordan vibe with him, I remember jordan naming us his leader then went silent then committed, you are right this kid hasn’t done that but im holding out hope lets see what happens when he finally does visit

I thought package deals for recruits brothers were bad till i started reading Brooklyn coach bashing threads. Now i know it's Uncles to watch out for.

Advertisement
Bruh.... who is this.... this isn't the dwinstitles I know.... lately u been posting like a ***** out of midol and tampons.... as if Folden is running the show... set my ***** free #BBD #BringBackDwinstitles #TheRealCanesinsightPosterNotPorster

Lol
Im excited about this season I just got gripes about the recruiting, we will be better this season especially if we go a different route at qb.

I understand what your saying and I don't think we are far off of the same idea. Except for the "cheating" of course. I actually don't think its nearly as prevalent at Miami as it is in the SEC, if it happens at all right now. Miami can hardly organize or generate enough money to get an IPF built and you think we have the booster network that cares enough to create a yearly fund to drop bags on recruits the way the SEC schools do? I would highly encourage you to forget about that whole idea all together because it wont be happening in Miami. That is the main loophole those schools are exploiting, their dark money booster network that is well funded and well connected back into the NCAA. So the we "can't afford too", we can't. We have a ton of money as a University, just not in the right places if that's what you think should be done.

Not going to derail the thread but I'll say this, its not like these schools are handing these kids millions of dollars to sign with their school so I'm not sure what the IPF has to do with anything. I'm not advocating Miami pay recruits but if they really wanted too, having enough money wouldn't be an issue. **** Richt could fund that by himself

Not going to derail the thread but I'll say this, its not like these schools are handing these kids millions of dollars to sign with their school so I'm not sure what the IPF has to do with anything. I'm not advocating Miami pay recruits but if they really wanted too, having enough money wouldn't be an issue. **** Richt could fund that by himself

My point was that these booster networks are well organized and funded compared to our program that struggles to organize funding for an indoor practice facility. Not the dollar amount.

Advertisement
My point was that these booster networks are well organized and funded compared to our program that struggles to organize funding for an indoor practice facility. Not the dollar amount.

fair enough, I don't disagree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back