Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even think its about Rumph so much, when it comes to sfla dbs the game gets real dirty. they knew MR since childhood and still went elsewhere and it wasnt cuz they aint like him. This goes beyond liking someone

Okay so what do you want the staff to do! Cheat get caught again on some bogus bull like the Shapiro crap. Kids that leave when there are so many reasons to stay!! Okay man

Advertisement
Okay so what do you want the staff to do! Cheat get caught again on some bogus bull like the Shapiro crap. Kids that leave when there are so many reasons to stay!! Okay man
I just think some got to take a step back and understand that sometimes in these recruitments things take place and occur in ways that coaches can’t control.

**** yea I want us to cheat if we gon win like bama lol. Only reason we got caught is because we had a bag man who was more concerned with being players friends than the school winning like at the sec schools.

**** yea I want us to cheat if we gon win like bama lol. Only reason we got caught is because we had a bag man who was more concerned with being players friends than the school winning like at the sec schools.

So why don’t you and the other debbiedowners come up with something to help with that!!

Advertisement
@DMoney

How do you feel about Elam at CB? What's your take on him as a prospect?

Good prospect. He caught my eye as a sophomore when he was Jordan Travis’s top WR.

The main thing with him is size. He looks the part and has the strength to play right away. His competition is terrible, so that makes him a little harder to project. But he did a solid job when I saw him at camp.

Divaad Wilson (UGA signee from Northwestern) would be my comparison.

Good prospect. He caught my eye as a sophomore when he was Jordan Travis’s top WR.

The main thing with him is size. He looks the part and has the strength to play right away. His competition is terrible, so that makes him a little harder to project. But he did a solid job when I saw him at camp.

Divaad Wilson (UGA signee from Northwestern) would be my comparison.

Has FS and CB ability just like Divaad. Has the bloodlines to as dad and uncle were pretty good college and nfl safeties

Recruiting is results based. Effort and working hard isn't the measure, who you get vs who you don't get is all that matter. No participation trophies. So what I want the staff to do is hit on more elite prospects. Its like being a salesman for a company. Putting in extra hours and stuff is great but at the end of the day its going to come down to "how much did you sell?"

Advertisement
Recruiting is results based. Effort and working hard isn't the measure, who you get vs who you don't get is all that matter. No participation trophies. So what I want the staff to do is hit on more elite prospects. Its like being a salesman for a company. Putting in extra hours and stuff is great but at the end of the day its going to come down to "how much did you sell?"

In a perfect world you are right. I work in insurance and competing agents throw kickbacks, commissions shares, and other (sometimes illegal) activities such as rebating (depending on the state) that my company will not do. Some clients make the decision to go with the competing agent, some don't because of the relationship. Same thing here. Some schools go to places and extents Miami will not or cannot afford the risk of going to. We have to win the battles that we can when the other enticements are not relevant and identify early when those recruits are only interested in that and make it clear that is not a place we are willing to go.

Shapiro wasn't a bag man. Dude was just a jocksniffer who wanted to be friends with football players so he bought them dinners/drinks.

The real SEC bag men dont give a **** about being friends. They pay to bring talent in. It's a business transaction run through sophisticated booster networks and foundations that a school like Miami just doesn't have.

Again, if you and the rest of the guys complaining about us not cheating want to pay recruits, go ahead. I love UM but I can't imagine ever wasting my money on trying to illegally lure a 17-18 year old kid to college

Reason is history the way we close, and usually the best db's minus Hall whos a freak go elsewhere from sfla because other teams do what they must. We see this every cycle n people still dont get it
In the last 6-7 cycles, basically it has veen
Bush
Artie
Hall
Frierson

Everyone else was snagged by the SEC.

Advertisement
We wont know that yet till the games r played because he wasnt recruited hard by the big dogs, if hes elite than he was a steal but we wont know till the games r played.
Ivey got offered by Georgia, Auburn and South Carolina all within a week before he shut down his recruitment completely but “wasn’t recruited by the big dogs”.

Advertisement
We wont know that yet till the games r played because he wasnt recruited hard by the big dogs, if hes elite than he was a steal but we wont know till the games r played.

Wouldn't that stand to reason with every single 2018 recruit then? Or just kids Miami has signed? All the rest of the 2018 class that went to the "big dogs" are already elite. Your posts are insufferable lately.

Thats a great list but I think we have to do a better job, we cant lose the guys we lose yearly to this hick towns.
My point was that we haven’t gotten enough. But I feel we have always had this problem in a way. We have always lost SFLA kids. We just got enough of the elite guys while identifying the under the radar. The problem is that we didn’t do enough of either under the last two regimes. Last year was different though, wish we would have gotten one more elite guy but we grabbed some solid players including a diamond in the rough, or what appears to be one in Ivey.

Do we have any traction with Chris Steele? Gotta feeling we pulled our hat out of the race on this recruitment. DB recruiting mad weird this year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back