Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how many “cane leans” have said F us and went elsewhere, give that man his props for one of his wins cause we definitely acknowledge all the losses
I clearly Said that was a great recruiting win in a few posts above

Advertisement
According to 247 Sports Frierson & Ivey have Banda and Rumph both listed as the recruiter. Dean has Banda and Diaz. I mean I get your point about not piling on Rumph but Banda deserves just as much credit as Rumph does for landing at least 3 guys you list. I am a Rumph fan too.
I said he helped with several other cbs in addition to bethel which implies frierson and Ivey

I said he helped with several other cbs in addition to bethel which implies frierson and Ivey

Lol doesn't seem that way in your post because you are clearly delineating that during the same timeframe Rumph got Ivey, Frierson, and Dean (Which apparently can't be credited to him at all) with no credit to Banda. None of us know if Banda was more influential in Frierson or Ivey's recruitment or not.

Lol doesn't seem that way in your post because you are clearly delineating that during the same timeframe Rumph got Ivey, Frierson, and Dean (Which apparently can't be credited to him at all) with no credit to Banda. None of us know if Banda was more influential in Frierson or Ivey's recruitment or not.
BrooklynDee said rumph specifically played a key role in frierson staying with Miami so I always Just referred back to that since he is in the know and knows his sh*t

Last edited:
Advertisement
Banda is recruiting him.
Not much faith in Banda though considering he lost jobe and williams(Lingards cousin) just decommitted. Jury is still out with his recruiting tbqh
**** we can sick hartley on them but bama and uga go hard after elite dbs. He brings in tight ends because bama aint breaking bank for that position and u can find other high rated kids. Sfla dbs are special and u go to war receuiting those kids cause bama throws there all into them and uga. Our early 2000's teams were so great and the dbs were so elite they were like linebackers as well as cover guys. I think that position in general ita hard to recruit not because of the rexruiter but wjat schools r willing to do to get them. Dbs chamges everything in college imo

**** we can sick hartley on them but bama and uga go hard after elite dbs. He brings in tight ends because bama aint breaking bank for that position and u can find other high rated kids. Sfla dbs are special and u go to war receuiting those kids cause bama throws there all into them and uga. Our early 2000's teams were so great and the dbs were so elite they were like linebackers as well as cover guys. I think that position in general ita hard to recruit not because of the rexruiter but wjat schools r willing to do to get them. Dbs chamges everything in college imo
True

Looks like we might be getting close to offering Brownlee at Carol City, per Ivins.

Anyone that knows stuff have an opinion? I love Carol City guys as a rule, and am still ****ed at Golden for not taking Fenton at corner a few years ago.

Advertisement
Hes from sfla feeder school where we got two players from that school last cycle.....yes sir its a fuqin fail and anyone who says otherwise is putting excuses.
no doubt! We can't lose the top DB in our backyard again and not consider it an epic fail after last year missing on Campbell, Surtain was never coming. I'll go as far as saying if Rumph cannot pull this kid, we cut him and make a play for T Rob until I saw he was SC defensive coordinator. There was another good DB coach/recruiter, but I can't remember his name.

Banda is recruiting him.
Not much faith in Banda though considering he lost jobe and williams(Lingards cousin) just decommitted. Jury is still out with his recruiting tbqh

Jury ain't out on his recruiting. Everyone knew that Jobe wasn't coming here and if you heard Dee, it had nothing to do with Banda.

I'm not even going to get on any staff member for a 2020 kid. It's usually best to get on the staff for recruiting gaffs during a cycle or post-NSD. Not more than a year out.

****, by that logic, you might as well get on Dugans for losing out on Manuel who's a 2020 kid. See how that works?

Jury ain't out on his recruiting. Everyone knew that Jobe wasn't coming here and if you heard Dee, it had nothing to do with Banda.

I'm not even going to get on any staff member for a 2020 kid. It's usually best to get on the staff for recruiting gaffs during a cycle or post-NSD. Not more than a year out.

****, by that logic, you might as well get on Dugans for losing out on Manuel who's a 2020 kid. See how that works?
Why no traction with Jordan battle?

So it's an L if we don't get him but you don't like our chances with him because Bama, UGA, and Clemson are recruiting him? Are you bi-polar?
Reason is history the way we close, and usually the best db's minus Hall whos a freak go elsewhere from sfla because other teams do what they must. We see this every cycle n people still dont get it

Advertisement
I gave Banda credit for hall but was just going against the notion that we took him from bama as he didn’t even visit them after he committed to Miami. Can’t take someone from another school if they weren’t leading in the first place you get me?

Maybe so with bandy getting the offer but frierson and nesta for that matter were battles for much of the last cycle. Frierson was close to flipping to uga at one point. Rumph played a critical role in keeping him committed and he also had a good relationship with Silvera as well
Thats 1 kid who shut it down after UM offered these kids aint like that they with that business decision ****

We will see what happens but yea JJ was a bytch made f@g

no doubt! We can't lose the top DB in our backyard again and not consider it an epic fail after last year missing on Campbell, Surtain was never coming. I'll go as far as saying if Rumph cannot pull this kid, we cut him and make a play for T Rob until I saw he was SC defensive coordinator. There was another good DB coach/recruiter, but I can't remember his name.
I dont even think its about Rumph so much, when it comes to sfla dbs the game gets real dirty. they knew MR since childhood and still went elsewhere and it wasnt cuz they aint like him. This goes beyond liking someone

Advertisement
I'm torn.

On one hand, I hate leaving South Florida for DBs. But I'm really down on this year's crop. The only big-timers I see are Stevenson and maybe Battle. Davis and Couch are solid but small, and Sango might be more of an offensive guy.
I agree with this but think Sanguinetti has a huge ceiling at CB or S despite his obvious skills on offense.

I'm torn.

On one hand, I hate leaving South Florida for DBs. But I'm really down on this year's crop. The only big-timers I see are Stevenson and maybe Battle. Davis and Couch are solid but small, and Sango might be more of an offensive guy.
@DMoney

How do you feel about Elam at CB? What's your take on him as a prospect?

So sick of our fans whining about losing those local sellouts, we showed more than enough love from all the reports, we still brought in top shelf talent in Ivey, Gilbert and hall! This staff, program and school is put together the ingredients to really win big. I would understand the *****ing if the coaches didn’t make the young men a priority, which they seem to do.

I dont even think its about Rumph so much, when it comes to sfla dbs the game gets real dirty. they knew MR since childhood and still went elsewhere and it wasnt cuz they aint like him. This goes beyond liking someone
It’s been that way since Patrick Peterson/LSU and probably before that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back