Dazalin Worsham

Ive watched him live and you’re tripping if you don’t think he plays fast , I’ve seen him cook great dB prospects Including hasselwood who was a great safety.

This is a really good prospect , from great route running , physicality and great hands. A future go to guy.
He will be one of the best recruits we sign. Great WR prospect. Just because Bama doesn’t have room for a 4th WR doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough to play there. Everyone should be ecstatic at this.

Advertisement
Here are some highlights:

Historically, the Miami Hurricanes and Alabama Crimson Tide have plenty in common. Dazalin Worsham knows all this.
Both have had multiple historical runs of dominance in the past 40 years. Both are on the short list of teams with five national championships. The two both have exactly eight former players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and consistently are among the schools with the most players in the NFL. On Friday, Worsham will commit to one of the two. Miami offers him something his hometown team doesn’t right now.

“I think he wants to be part of building something, and obviously Miami has a great history and great past,” said Josh Floyd, who coaches Worsham at Hewitt-Trussville in Alabama, “so I think he’s excited about trying to get them back going in that direction.”

Why Miami?

Worsham was once committed to Alabama. On Friday, he’s slated to make an oral commitment once again, and the final choice is coming down to the Hurricanes or the Crimson Tide. Miami’s situation — a rebuild now showing promise with a three-game winning streak — is uniquely appealing to Worsham, as is the coaching staff.
When Worsham was committed to the Crimson Tide, offensive coordinator Dan Enos was Alabama’s quarterbacks coach, so he knows what Enos can do when working at his best. When he came to Coral Gables for an official visit in June, Worsham got to know wide receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield well, so he has faith in the way he would be developed.

“The first thing was probably the relationship with Coach Enos, just since he had been committed to Alabama, and Coach Enos is proven to be a great offensive mind and has shown to throw the ball around quite a bit,” Floyd said. “I think that’s what initially started it, and then when he came down he just had a great time. I know he likes the receivers coach down there, also. He just had a great time on his trip.”

What does Worsham bring to Miami?

“The best thing is his route-running,” Floyd said. “He does a great job getting in and out of his breaks. He’s obviously a guy that can run and everything, beat people deep and all that, but I think what separates him from a lot of guys is just his route-running. And he’s just gotten better and better at that over the years.”

“I think he’s obviously an athletic kid, so that helps his route-running, but I think it’s just something he spends a lot of time on himself, too,” Floyd said. “We obviously try to do a great job coaching him, as well, but he’s kind of a guy that will spend a little bit on that in his own time and I think that’s what’s helped him with his craft over the years.”

So clearly Manny and the staff see him as a guy who will grind and put the time in to perfect his craft.

I’ll gladly take this kid, cause to be honest I’m tired of taking these “smaller WRs” who might be more explosive but it doesn’t matter if they can’t get off press coverage and get handled from the jump. Just get me WRs who can actually you know catch the **** ball consistently.

Who can be mad at that. He actually wants to be here and understands the situation Miami is in as far as trying to build something great. And he wants to put in the work. So can everyone quit their crying about his speed and this and that. Grown men just bashing 17 year old kids.

D6AF145D-6BE7-4A61-9C8C-747365A80859.jpeg

Advertisement
Here are some highlights:

Historically, the Miami Hurricanes and Alabama Crimson Tide have plenty in common. Dazalin Worsham knows all this.
Both have had multiple historical runs of dominance in the past 40 years. Both are on the short list of teams with five national championships. The two both have exactly eight former players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and consistently are among the schools with the most players in the NFL. On Friday, Worsham will commit to one of the two. Miami offers him something his hometown team doesn’t right now.

“I think he wants to be part of building something, and obviously Miami has a great history and great past,” said Josh Floyd, who coaches Worsham at Hewitt-Trussville in Alabama, “so I think he’s excited about trying to get them back going in that direction.”

Why Miami?

Worsham was once committed to Alabama. On Friday, he’s slated to make an oral commitment once again, and the final choice is coming down to the Hurricanes or the Crimson Tide. Miami’s situation — a rebuild now showing promise with a three-game winning streak — is uniquely appealing to Worsham, as is the coaching staff.
When Worsham was committed to the Crimson Tide, offensive coordinator Dan Enos was Alabama’s quarterbacks coach, so he knows what Enos can do when working at his best. When he came to Coral Gables for an official visit in June, Worsham got to know wide receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield well, so he has faith in the way he would be developed.

“The first thing was probably the relationship with Coach Enos, just since he had been committed to Alabama, and Coach Enos is proven to be a great offensive mind and has shown to throw the ball around quite a bit,” Floyd said. “I think that’s what initially started it, and then when he came down he just had a great time. I know he likes the receivers coach down there, also. He just had a great time on his trip.”

What does Worsham bring to Miami?

“The best thing is his route-running,” Floyd said. “He does a great job getting in and out of his breaks. He’s obviously a guy that can run and everything, beat people deep and all that, but I think what separates him from a lot of guys is just his route-running. And he’s just gotten better and better at that over the years.”

“I think he’s obviously an athletic kid, so that helps his route-running, but I think it’s just something he spends a lot of time on himself, too,” Floyd said. “We obviously try to do a great job coaching him, as well, but he’s kind of a guy that will spend a little bit on that in his own time and I think that’s what’s helped him with his craft over the years.”

So clearly Manny and the staff see him as a guy who will grind and put the time in to perfect his craft.

routes over speed. Only the elite like Tyreek Hill and maybe a couple othes can get away with just speed. The rest of the game for a WR is won with their route running ability. Give me this kid over a speedster who can’t run routes any day. Also I’m not talking about Fleming just saying in general.

routes over speed. Only the elite like Tyreek Hill and maybe a couple othes can get away with just speed. The rest of the game for a WR is won with their route running ability. Give me this kid over a speedster who can’t run routes any day. Also I’m not talking about Fleming just saying in general.
You only need speed if you're running verticals......🤭

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why he was ranked in top 50 overall on every recruiting site while he was running a 4.8 bama commit?

Advertisement
Yup...took EVERYONES $$ on Greentree...

He's still pound for pound the fastest Cane I have ever seen on the field in pads. **** shame how it ended for him here. Shipman use to look like he literally was shot out of a cannon as soon as he touched the ball.

We have a WR room full of lazy divas who run ****** routes and the mopes are complaining when Stubblefield prioritizes a high-character hard-working WR who runs pristine routes and set records at his school. This is a kid who's polished and smart beyond his years - if Miami lands him it's the ultimate affirmation for Stubblefield and Enos that their scheme and coaching are a draw for the right type of players.
Oklahoma State always seems to have WRs like this guy who wind up catching 50 for 1000 yards.

I love this kids game. Everyone can silk over Fleming leaving or being forced out. But I’m just happy we replacing him with a player/grinder. I personally love route runners more than burners bc burners are everywhere but if u can’t run a route u still will have trouble getting open at the next levels

Advertisement
He's still pound for pound the fastest Cane I have ever seen on the field in pads. **** shame how it ended for him here. Shipman use to look like he literally was shot out of a cannon as soon as he touched the ball.
He took some of the Fastest Canes $$$....
Kevin Williams...Jammi...Jonathan Harris...
Lol....never have I seen a Cane (on turf) run 30-40yds so fast....

Advertisement
Back