Dazalin Worsham 4-Star WR and Alabama commit

That's true..but the pt that I'm trying to make to you is that WRs will always take precedent over TEs in terms of importance. You're applying a false equivalency between the 2 positions. They will not and should not be prioritized with the same amount of urgency because like I said 11 personnel shotgun will be the base offense 60+ % of the time.
We are taking 3 WRs already, have only 1 SR WR, and have 4 committed for ‘21. That is plenty.

And in the modern game, a great receiving TE is a big weapon. Do not agree with your generalization. A washington or theo johnson would do much more for our offense than one additional wr.

Advertisement
Coley was faster and not the same level of route runner. Coley is also pretty frail and this kid has a solid build.

He TIMED faster coming out of HS, but their game speed seems to be similar on tape. They definitely have similar running styles. Also..Coley wasn't allowed to run the entire route tree in HS, a better gauge is to look at how he ran routes in college. As for builds..what are you talking about they were both frail coming out of HS. Coley was 6.1", 173, while Daz is 6.0", 169....you don't think those are similar builds???

He TIMED faster coming out of HS, but their game speed seems to be similar on tape. They definitely have similar running styles. Also..Coley wasn't allowed to run the entire route tree in HS, a better gauge is to look at how he ran routes in college. As for builds..what are you talking about they were both frail coming out of HS. Coley was 6.1", 173, while Daz is 6.0", 169....you don't think those are similar builds???
I saw Worsham post on social media a weighing scale with him at 193 the other day

Advertisement
Tim Watts from the Bama 247 board put out a recruiting update. Said people close to Worsham are saying the Miami visit “got in his head” and that’s why he decommitted so unexpectedly. Now he is thinking about things- supposedly wants to visit Bama again. Watts was very neutral about the whole thing and basically said it bears watching as to how Saban and staff handle him.

Bama has their final big recruit BBQ tonight - so far no mention of Worsham being invited or attending on their 247 site. Guess we’ll see if he turns up there . They may keep him warm until they see what happens with their bigger targets- Xavier Henderson, Arian Smith, Kayshon Boutte...

Advertisement
Who was that most recent crystal ball to?
20190728_131347.jpg

So both alabama mods and Wiltfong now went ??? on Worsham. He went to Bama BBQ last night. Nothing on their boards today about him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think they want him as a backup plan. They would have kept him until they got who they wanted or knew they missed on those other guys. He took matters into his own hands because they didn’t show him “love”.

Now it will be interesting to see what they do. He went to their bbq. If Saban wants him like a “top of the board guy” he will probably re-commit very soon. If he doesn’t it’s because they don’t. Or they make him sweat it out a bit for leaving... the longer it goes without him re-committing the less they want him...

Here's a clip:

“Right now I’m just going to wait it out till probably later during the season,” Worsham told 247Sports. “It’s just really between Alabama and Miami. Really, they’re kind of about even.”

Pressed further on the pulse of his recruitment, Worsham admitted one school has the edge.

“Right now I’d probably say Bama,” Worsham said. “It’s pretty close. Just Coach (Nick) Saban and their culture at Alabama to win and produce NFL players.”

Worsham looked back on his decision to exit Alabama’s class. Many felt he’d go ahead and commit to the Hurricanes shortly after.
“I was thinking about it, but it was just to wait and look at everything,” he said of his decision.

Having already taken an official visit to Coral Gables, Worsham says he may try and check out the Florida-Miami game in Orlando on Aug. 24.

“They say they want me on board quick,” Worsham said of the Canes’ push, adding he’s made it known he’s not in a rush.

“That I’m still waiting things out,” Worsham says of what he tells the UM coaches. “I still got a lot of interest in Bama.”

There were no hard feelings on the Tide’s end when Worsham de-committed.

“They treated me good and told me they were going to recruit me to the end,” he said. “It’s just a slow process. (I could tell) That they really care about me and what’s best for me.”

The in-state wideout returned for the Champions Cookout at the end of July. He admitted he was a little nervous about sitting down face to face with Nick Saban after his decision to de-commit, but any nerves were quelled once they began talking.

“They treated me good,” Worsham said. “I talked a lot with Coach (Karl) Scott, Coach (Holmon) Wiggins and Coach Saban.”

The message from Saban was simple.
“Really just keep me back around and just focus on really this year,” Worsham said.

Their main insider, Tim Watts, commented this when asked if he thought the staff would let Worshama re-commit:

TBD by the staff. So Saban will likely make that decision when the time comes. At this point I think they are taking this week by week but again that could change either way at any moment. Numbers have gotten tight. A good senior year would help him a lot IMO.
They are down to a pecking order basically IMO. They have spots for certain positions to fill out there needs and then they might have a few for best available. That's harder to get a spot in best available with so much talent out there. So they are still being picky and there will likely be seniors who emerge as targets. Lot of wheels in motion but the staff likes where they are at right now.

Translation: Saban knows the kid would prefer to stay home to play. He will keep him warm as long as possible. Guess we will see how badly our staff wants him and how long they wait.

Advertisement
Back