Dazalin Worsham 4-Star WR and Alabama commit

Advertisement
Still a bad comparison. Worsham reminds me of Calvin Ridley.
Another bad comparison

You know I didn't like the Ridley comparison either but I rewatched the tape and he's so quick in and out of his breaks its similar to Ridley. Not as smooth or explosive.

He does run every route and finds/creates open space. Very similar to Ridley in that way. He runs harder and isn't afraid of contact. I thought Ridley was a bit softer but mainly because he just looks so small.

The more I watch this kid the more I like him. Look at Stubbs old tapes you can see why he likes this kid. He'll be able to get the most out of him.

You know I didn't like the Ridley comparison either but I rewatched the tape and he's so quick in and out of his breaks its similar to Ridley. Not as smooth or explosive.

He does run every route and finds/creates open space. Very similar to Ridley in that way. He runs harder and isn't afraid of contact. I thought Ridley was a bit softer but mainly because he just looks so small.

The more I watch this kid the more I like him. Look at Stubbs old tapes you can see why he likes this kid. He'll be able to get the most out of him.

The better comparison is Stacy Coley.

Advertisement
We just disagree. IMO TE is a bigger need than 4th wr.

We lose Osborn this year (and he’s a new transfer). Das it. Do not need to replace him with four kids. Maybe Thomas goes also, tho that is pure speculation. 3 to replace 2 would be plenty also. Especially when we have 4 wrs already committed for ‘21 as well.

And i expect we will be running 12 personnel sets often enough. That’s certainly what enos watchers seem to expect. Makes sense, also, for our talent and division. He’s going to want a controlled passing game with reasonable running mixed in, not just a wide open trips all the time set. We do not have a qb to trust with that offense even if he wanted to run it, imo. Maybe a year or two down the road if we have someone step up.

I agree they're both needs, but if a player like Jones-Bell or Burton wants to be in this class we have to be able to make room for a player like that. Because in recruiting you not only have to address needs, but you also have to make sure you are recruiting the best available player not only for that yr, but also in relation to the following cycle.

Of course Enos will deploy 12 & 21 personnel, but despite that MIA will still be in 11 personnel shotgun 60+ % of the time. It is easy to project that when you examine the trends in modern day football. Quite frankly the job that Enos managed to do @ Arkansas in 15' is astonishing considering that his base was 12 personnel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There are 5 TEs on the roster. And if nobody transfers and with mammarelli coming in it will be 6.
Irvin has a year left and hasnt been a meaningful player. Polendey, next. Jordan could be gone in a year. Our TE standard is higher than that. We are recruiting for ‘20 now. Those kids will be contributors in ‘21–23.

Advertisement
Irvin has a year left and hasnt been a meaningful player. Polendey, next. Jordan could be gone in a year. Our TE standard is higher than that. We are recruiting for ‘20 now. Those kids will be contributors in ‘21–23.

That's true..but the pt that I'm trying to make to you is that WRs will always take precedent over TEs in terms of importance. You're applying a false equivalency between the 2 positions. They will not and should not be prioritized with the same amount of urgency because like I said 11 personnel shotgun will be the base offense 60+ % of the time.

Can say that for every position...And again that's why I'm moving one of them along after this year.

Advertisement
Back