Dayall Harris

Would be more excited, if this kid Dayall Harris was able to develop this kind of preliminary hype at Cornerback!

Advertisement
The offense has good front-line talent but not enough depth imo.

No viable backup to Kaaya.

Nobody behind Yearby who has proven to be a good enough runner, although Walton should do fine as the backup.

Richards, Bruce, Harris have yet to play a snap and are already being counted on.

The OL should improve but there are some definite jaguars there.
I disagree. First Edwards will start or at least be 2nd string back. He didnt impress his fresh or sophomore year but he had constantly improved and looks to be healthy and ready to go. Mark it down gus has a great year if the line steps up

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Gus was the clear-cut 3rd stringer behind Yearby and Walton following spring ball but ok.

Advertisement
the rbs are going to be PERFECTLY fine. No Duke johnson but edwards/yearby/walton is as balanced as it gets. If gray finally gets it, watch out.

If Dayall Harris is as good as they are proclaiming, thats great for the O. I then can feel good about Coley/Harris/Berrios with the belief that two out of the big 3 young freshman/Cager will be able to produce this season. Coley/Harris/Berrios/Cager/Richards should be plenty good.

Issue is going to be the OL and that revolving door at LT

Agreed. Not really a fan of 7 on 7 in trying to project what a player will do with pads on, but I am thrilled to get the positive report on Harris. That would give us Coley, Richards, Harris, Berrios, Bruce, and Cager at receiver with stud tightends and arguably the best pro-style QB in college football.

I'm not on the hype train because I'm not a big 7 on 7 guy, but a kid I know very well that played at Ol' Miss told me he was just as good as Treadwell (IHO). I'm sure they can tell if they have a Baller on board, it becomes pretty obvious. If true, Harris, Richards and Coley would be pretty formidable. Add Bruce and Berrios at slot and we got something.

A solid and trustworthy possession WR to go along with Coley and Berrios/Bruce is a great thing. I wasnt blown away by Cager at the Spring game like I thought I would be. (and I am a BIG Cager fan.)

So if anything it will bring the best out of Cager and show him that if he cant step up, Harris is there to take his spot. I have big plans for Cager. He should be for 2-3 years what Streeter was for us for 1 year. But if he cant hack it, we need to move on. Esp if Harris is that impressive.

I didn't even have to scroll through one whole page to get to someone pumping up Berrios. Great white hope.

Important to have a good white WR. DBs see so few that when he flashes by they think they've seen a ghost. Messes up their concentration.

Advertisement
I didn't even have to scroll through one whole page to get to someone pumping up Berrios. Great white hope.

I don't think it's a great white hope thing with Berrios. I think the kid has legit skills but has suffered two knee injuries which hurt his development. Lateral quickness and exp!osion are the foundation of his game and those knees really slowed him down. I think Berrios is the most healthy he has been here and we should see some good production from him this year and next.

I think people expected him to be the white Santana Moss but that was never his game. He's not the type of guy that's going to electrify a stadium. What he will or should do is provide a very consistent presence in the short to intermediate middle out of the slot position with the occasional long gainer.

Advertisement
I'm excited about berrios spring performance but apprehensive overall since our DBs have been accustomed to being mediocre, were learning a new defensive system and we do not have a lot of talent at db right now.

Am excited for young back there.

As I said before if Harris looks great and Bruce comes in excelling like we think early, then one f the other two should get a shot to be a stud cb (Mullins since Richards has supposedly been blazing fast but you already know my views on Richards. Just get him on the field one way or the other).

Advertisement
the rbs are going to be PERFECTLY fine. No Duke johnson but edwards/yearby/walton is as balanced as it gets. If gray finally gets it, watch out.

If Dayall Harris is as good as they are proclaiming, thats great for the O. I then can feel good about Coley/Harris/Berrios with the belief that two out of the big 3 young freshman/Cager will be able to produce this season. Coley/Harris/Berrios/Cager/Richards should be plenty good.

Issue is going to be the OL and that revolving door at LT
dont forget to throw Njoku and Herndon in there...we got the weapons man

I don't think it's a great white hope thing with Berrios. I think the kid has legit skills but has suffered two knee injuries which hurt his development. Lateral quickness and exp!osion are the foundation of his game and those knees really slowed him down. I think Berrios is the most healthy he has been here and we should see some good production from him this year and next.

I think people expected him to be the white Santana Moss but that was never his game. He's not the type of guy that's going to electrify a stadium. What he will or should do is provide a very consistent presence in the short to intermediate middle out of the slot position with the occasional long gainer.

I agree. I just think with white WR they get pushed into one category or another. McCaffery or Welker depending on their height. However, Berrios' game screams Welker. And that would be amazing if we could get that kind of reliability out of the slot position.

The main issue will be, is that part of the game plan? Will Brad be willing to take those routes that are glorified runs, via 2-5 yd gainers? The reason the Pats work that role so well is because it is a main focus of their game plan.

If Richt is trying to run to set up the deep ball, then those routes will be overlooked more often than not. We all know how many time JH threw deep when the underneath was wide open. I am excited to see a healthy Berrios. Kids has good vision, and great quickness. He could be an asset to this offense so long as we use him to the best of his abilities. Run him on deep balls and its a waste....

Bruce and Berrios in the slot should be pretty good. Richards and Coley outside, along with Njoku at TE provide a lot of legit options.

you know they hungry when they got that USA Flea Market jersey on! Those are Michigan M's that are died green! HAAA

Advertisement
Back