- Joined
- Nov 19, 2013
- Messages
- 2,740
I hate fun too.We can’t run the ball and Cam doesn’t check the ball down
I hate this high flying risk reward putting up a **** ton of points 2024 crap
I hate fun too.We can’t run the ball and Cam doesn’t check the ball down
I hate this high flying risk reward putting up a **** ton of points 2024 crap
These weirdos probably like hot chicks and money tooI hate fun too.
Would this place be itself if it wasn’t complaining while scoring at willWe can’t run the ball and Cam doesn’t check the ball down
I hate this high flying risk reward putting up a **** ton of points 2024 crap
Hey man one of these games scoring too many points is gonna come back to haunt usWould this place be itself if it wasn’t complaining while scoring at will
Spoken like a guy who wears golf gloves to the gym. Relax my guy, we will get back to 4 yards and a cloud when it really matters.Hey man one of these games scoring too many points is gonna come back to haunt us
MARK MY WORDS
Not enough field goals lolHey man one of these games scoring too many points is gonna come back to haunt us
MARK MY WORDS
Interesting how Houston's Offense has swan dived into Oblivion over the last 2 seasons...
I wonder what happened?
Oh & if you see anybody ever suggest that we hire Joe Moorehead, in any capacity, hit them in the byke of their neck with a Sledgehammer.
Rip gone too soonYou’ve always been one of my favorite mods.
![]()
Spoken like a guy who wears golf gloves to the gym. Relax my guy, we will get back to 4 yards and a cloud when it really matters.
Would the RPO Read series also be an option?It's not too late to edit your post lol. An RPO is a "Run Pass Option". Hand off to RB, or Pass.
Not a QB run.
Yea a couple timesLoved that run play Fletcher scored on against UF. Have we seen it since?
Anybody noticing how less productive Houston’s Offense is today without Dawson?
No, just me?
Interesting how Houston's Offense has swan dived into Oblivion over the last 2 seasons...
I wonder what happened?
Oh & if you see anybody ever suggest that we hire Joe Moorehead, in any capacity, hit them in the byke of their neck with a Sledgehammer.
As wild as it may sound, yes there are.And there are still some people who think we should replace Dawson.
Is he perfect? No.. but there is no perfect coordinator. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
You think he gets a look at one of G5 HC openings?As wild as it may sound, yes there are.
There's a portion of the fanbase that believes our Offensive success this season has been entirely due to Cam. Which is ironic, because many of those same people are simultaneously hyper-critical of Cam.
https://www.stateoftheu.com/miami-hurricanes-football/87213/the-miami-hurricanes-offense-in-26
The Wrap
I hope you've enjoyed these mini documentaries on the different concepts that the Miami Hurricanes will run this season. Each video is three minutes or less in length for quick teaching of the concepts. If you want to learn more I've written about Mesh, 6, and other Air Raid concepts on SOTU for years.
With Darian Mensah having experience in the Air Raid at Duke I think Shannon Dawson has found a much more natural fit for his offense than Carson Beck. Expect a push back to the top-5 in SP+ Offense for the 'Canes this season with Cooper Barkate, Toney, and Mensah.
All-22 Review: Miami Offense vs. SMU Mustangs (2025)
Above- I’ve never understood motioning your star only to directly throw him the ball to where he motioned to. It adds bodies and eyes to the POA instead of away from it. ie- motion Mark Fletcher away from Toney to put playmakers on opposite sides of the field and the motion to make eyes / adjustments go to Fletcher vs. Toney.
Above- As I said in the Twitter post, the Run & Shoot had some really good ideas. Toney is unCAPd as the DB over him is at 8y, the hard deck is 7y. In the R&S that means Toney would take a 1-step ‘now’ throw from Beck and get the 1st down that way. Instead, they motion him which is ineffective vs. man coverage (only one guy moves and he’s on Toney who is doing nothing) and the run is stuffed.
https://www.stateoftheu.com/miami-hurricanes-football/87213/the-miami-hurricanes-offense-in-26
The Wrap
I hope you've enjoyed these mini documentaries on the different concepts that the Miami Hurricanes will run this season. Each video is three minutes or less in length for quick teaching of the concepts. If you want to learn more I've written about Mesh, 6, and other Air Raid concepts on SOTU for years.
With Darian Mensah having experience in the Air Raid at Duke I think Shannon Dawson has found a much more natural fit for his offense than Carson Beck. Expect a push back to the top-5 in SP+ Offense for the 'Canes this season with Cooper Barkate, Toney, and Mensah.
All-22 Review: Miami Offense vs. SMU Mustangs (2025)
Above- I’ve never understood motioning your star only to directly throw him the ball to where he motioned to. It adds bodies and eyes to the POA instead of away from it. ie- motion Mark Fletcher away from Toney to put playmakers on opposite sides of the field and the motion to make eyes / adjustments go to Fletcher vs. Toney.
Above- As I said in the Twitter post, the Run & Shoot had some really good ideas. Toney is unCAPd as the DB over him is at 8y, the hard deck is 7y. In the R&S that means Toney would take a 1-step ‘now’ throw from Beck and get the 1st down that way. Instead, they motion him which is ineffective vs. man coverage (only one guy moves and he’s on Toney who is doing nothing) and the run is stuffed.