David Feeley & S&C: Miami is much Smaller, far less physical, slower and less intimidating than Bama

Advertisement
And the grandparents too for not producing faster genetics.

I think the true indictment is on the parents of our players. Why didn’t the produce bigger players?? I mean cmon.
34be2d1ea0058597534d9c48962106a0.jpg

Holy **** - CIS OPs - taking anyone & anything out - Kill everyone!! Fold Up the program!!

Advertisement
Alright, so I wish that people would move on from this game, but apparently they cant. However, regarding this topic, I cannot even begin to describe how much bullcrap this is.

When you are doing fitness, whether thats being an athlete or just a regular dude/girl, there are always things to consider when you are training regarding your results:

1. You have a specific body type. The way your body storages fat and muscles, gains muscle and fat but also loses muscle and fat differs from person to person. Some people are physically incapable of putting weight on. So when people come out and say "Why cant Huff and Pope gain weight", its likely because they dont have the body type. Just like Jeudy and Devonta Smith dont and look what happened.

2. Athletic genes are a thing, especially in sports. Just like talent on the football field, having a base set of athletic ability matters a lot. Evan Neal did a ******* box jump split at 6'6 350. Not only would nobody attempt to do that without massive amounts of training, the fact that he is in his early 20s and does it so well, he has no problem filming it indicates to me he is doing that for a hot minute. And you dont do stuff like that unless your body allows you to do that.

3. Bama picks out the top percentage of high school players athletically. High School Football is already a huge filter, considering the amount of players who do not make it even into D2 football. Considering that these youths already go to a weight program in High School, you can tell who is going to be a stud athletically and who is not able to. That means, in short: Some people have to train harder in order to get the same results or cant even get the same results that someone else has.

I went to class with someone who wound up playing soccer for a german Division I club in their youth teams. When you are getting signed by such a team at 14 years old, you are one of the top talents this country has. The dude had movement that you couldnt coach or practice, just naturally gifted. Add athletic training and you get a player that is a top notch prospect. I have a very similar size to the dude I mentioned, but he was far more quicker in tight spaces and had much better balance compared to me.

There are so many factors when it comes to having success in fitness, its stupid to put the blame solely on the coach. If you want to put the blame on coaching, blame the horrid technique we play with. But not S&C. Watch Jaelan and tell me that Feeley is bad.

Advertisement
Miami is much smaller, less physical, slower and far less intimidating than Alabama. Some of this is a coaching philosophy thing, some of it the fact that we don’t tackle to the ground in practice (huge mistake, IMO), but how is this not an indictment of the S&C??

This team is not even close to being intimidating, and we were so much smaller and less physical than Alabama, it was shocking to see. And Alabama isn’t a one-off.

Even UNC was faaaaar more physical and stronger than Miami last season. Clemson was far stronger and more physical.

The S&C guy was at Ball State and Temple, and Im seeing Ball State and Temple results.
Don't u dare knock it. If it wasn't for him how would we know our db reached 22mph then missed a tackle...

So Alabama got high 4 stars and 5 stars big NFL prototypes players that are lined up at their door and you don't think its recruiting... This is not S&C its recruiting big and fast players. Alabama's players usually don't need a year to get ready they are already college ready out of high school... That's 1 of the criteria's of being a 5 star athlete.

Yep, keep talking about Bama as a fanbase and players are probably as well with another game fast approaching. It's over. Some of you need to move on. We got our azzes kicked.

Miami plays a scrappy team in App St. Miami will be bigger, faster and stronger...go out and kick some ***!

Advertisement
It’s recruiting. They are just longer, faster and twitchier. You’re not going to make Smith and Carter look like them in the weight room. JW Chase and Taylor will magically make it look like we have a great S&C program
Exactly

Bama wasn’t faster than us, bigger and stronger yeah, better coached, better athletes at the LOS

Advertisement
I remember years ago when we played Louisville in the Russell Bowl in Orlando and we were substantially bigger than Louisville. Teddy Bridgewater and Louisville tore us apart. They were smaller, they were faster, they were more focused and they played to win the game. I was at this game, we were substantially bigger than Louisville all the way across the board. We looked like a Big 10 team under Al Golden and Louisville looked like the old Miami teams, smaller, faster and with an amazing killer instinct.

Now as far as Bama, when we cam out for the coin toss, the sent a dude out that made King look like Webster. Miami looked like a middle school team compared to Bama, but I don't think size was the deciding issue in this game. Alabama is elite and Miami is not elite in anything except the kicking and punting teams.
Bama
LT Evan Neal 6'6 350
OG Javion Cohen 6'4 320
C Chris Owens 6'2 310
OG Emil Ekiyor 6'3 324
RT Kendall Randol 6'3 298

UM
  • LT: Zion Nelson 6'5 320
  • LG: Jalen Rivers 6'5 325
  • C: Corey Gaynor 6'4 308
  • RG: Navaughn Donaldson 6'5 350
  • RT: Delone Scaife 6'3 306 or Jarrid Williams 6'6 310

Well our OL was as big or bigger except for Neal.

Tyrique is bigger than any corner they have.

They are better coached and better players. That's why they won. Not because Feely isn't good enough.

Oh boy CIS at it's finest.

Stevenson and james Williams were the only defenders that looked big enough for their position, imo.

When Stevenson touched someone, they moved. He looked the part out there.
Really? They look pretty close. Bama DB's are just better

CB Josh Jobe 6'1 194
CB Jaylyn Davis 6'1 192
CB Marcus Banks 6'0 180
CB Kool-Aid 6'0 187

CB Tyrique Steveson 6'1 214
CB DJ Ivey 6'1 190
CB Al Blades 6'0 187
CB TeCoury Couch 5'11 175

Our DT's are as big or bigger.

Their DE's are bigger and it's not close.

Our Punter is bigger than half their team. LOL

Last edited:
Since we’re on the subject. Bama has a SC director guy named Dr. Matt rhea who seems to be making waves. He’s taken the hard nosed approach they had with Cochran and changed it to science. He’s in their “sport science” department. Supposedly a genius or something. Saban lost Cochran but actually came out on top. This new guy has reduced soft tissue injuries by like 30% or something. Maybe higher. They’re truly ahead in every way. This will be the new norm for the top programs. Hopefully we can compete.

Advertisement
Back