David Feeley & S&C: Miami is much Smaller, far less physical, slower and less intimidating than Bama

The Svengali

Sophomore
Miami is much smaller, less physical, slower and far less intimidating than Alabama. Some of this is a coaching philosophy thing, some of it the fact that we don’t tackle to the ground in practice (huge mistake, IMO), but how is this not an indictment of the S&C??

This team is not even close to being intimidating, and we were so much smaller and less physical than Alabama, it was shocking to see. And Alabama isn’t a one-off.

Even UNC was faaaaar more physical and stronger than Miami last season. Clemson was far stronger and more physical.

The S&C guy was at Ball State and Temple, and Im seeing Ball State and Temple results.

Advertisement
Alex Jones Songify GIF by The Gregory Brothers

Advertisement
Advertisement
will say though, I had a friend on the S&C staff in Jacksonville. Said Dederick I believe it was told him that Bama will squeeze every single thing they can get out of you in the weight room. To the point where in the NFL you’re kind of drained. At that point there was a stigma that Bama linemen were busts and my buddy believed that to be the reason

Last edited:
Lol, no they are not. Only at the LB position can you say that. Are they less physical than bama yes. But that just comes down to recruiting, has nothing to do with feeley
I've tried for - literally - years to explain to the porsters on this board that the largest determining factor in S&C is the quality of athletes you start with, but after every loss someone inevitably blames the S&C coach for not magically turning our 3-star athletes into 5-stars.

Feeley is doing quite well with the athletes he's been given; there was no clear drop off in the 4th quarter and the defense didn't look especially gassed after being on the field for what must have felt like an eternity against the far-and-away best team in the country.

If you want better athletes, recruit them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami is much smaller, less physical, slower and far less intimidating than Alabama. Some of this is a coaching philosophy thing, some of it the fact that we don’t tackle to the ground in practice (huge mistake, IMO), but how is this not an indictment of the S&C??

This team is not even close to being intimidating, and we were so much smaller and less physical than Alabama, it was shocking to see. And Alabama isn’t a one-off.

Even UNC was faaaaar more physical and stronger than Miami last season. Clemson was far stronger and more physical.

The S&C guy was at Ball State and Temple, and Im seeing Ball State and Temple results.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lol, no they are not. Only at the LB position can you say that. Are they less physical than bama yes. But that just comes down to recruiting, has nothing to do with feeley
Our DLmen were small. Our WRs were small lining up vs Bama DBs.

If you don’t believe me, go find Tyreke’s quote. He said something like the only difference between Georgia and Miami is Georgia guys were way bigger. It’s true.

Our DLmen were small. Our WRs were small lining up vs Bama DBs.

If you don’t believe me, go find Tyreke’s quote. He said something like the only difference between Georgia and Miami is Georgia guys were way bigger. It’s true.
Is there a certain spell Feeley can cast that will turn Mike Harley into Megatron? What exactly is it you'd like him to do?

Advertisement
Back