David Cooney

Advertisement
It had the Stubblefield news three hours before Feldman.

Lol. It was also after ITU had already said he was expected to leave. That account hasn't posted anything that this board wasn't already heavily speculating and they haven't really gone out on a limb and said anything that any UM fan that has access to twitter/ITU/any canes news site was aware of. But to each his own, do you. I'm just not going to take them as a real source. We literally see this every year. Even if Cooney does become the coach my stance on this account still won't change. The Cooney smoke has been there all day.

Advertisement
This makes no sense bro.. Nobody is saying anything about his race, its about UM always hiring people for positions they havent had before.. If we had success with it in past it wouldnt be issue but guys getting positions and then learning on the job? Cant cosign that regardless of race.
Coaching Wr is not rocket science.....but being an ace recruiter who can go into any school with "street cred" is invaluable

Not the best, but he was an analyst with wide receivers and an OC in South Florida.

Recruiting may end up solid.

Id rather him than stubblefield, but still not the best decision. I hope he does well.

We need it.

Advertisement
It seems like D1 experience is not at a premium here because this guy is being promoted for his recruiting prowess. But I bet, if the wideouts ball out next season, none of yall are gonna give the guy total credit. You guys probably gonna credit Lashlee and the new scheme anyway so it doesn't matter. Also Ron Dugans and Stubblefield had and has plenty of D1 experience and the majority of people hear didn't like neither one of them. But like Franchise said before, its Wide Receivers, not a lot of technical stuff involved with coaching guys up....you're either ah natural with solid hands or not...Miami will be okay....

The main reason he's currently in the running is because he's literally going all out for the position which you can't blame him for.

Nope and if he doesn’t get it I could see him eventually leaving down the road , which IMO would hurt. Especially if he landed on field position at UF or FSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This why black coaches are never giving opportunities to move through the pipeline because the closed minded thought process of "white fans"....give him a **** chance if it works it works
Stfu with the race stuff, go cut your teeth at another program and come back. Don’t start off here, has nothing to do with race

Coaching WRs in a pro style or whatever Enos ran is much more difficult than coaching WR in a spread offense. Simplified route tree with more mesh concepts to get open instead of perfect routes, precise timing and depth, etc.

lazy hire but if he can recruit and bring in more than just some WRs (like Field was supposed to do) and help out everywhere and solidify south Florida recruiting a little it’ll be good in my book.

Nope and if he doesn’t get it I could see him eventually leaving down the toad , which IMO would hurt. Especially if he landed on field position at UF or FSU.

Those schools have competent head coaches, no chance either would hire him for an on-field position.

Advertisement
Nope and if he doesn’t get it I could see him eventually leaving down the toad , which IMO would hurt. Especially if he landed on field position at UF or FSU.
Would you be willing to give your objective thoughts on the man’s qualifications?

Maybe you differ from me idk, but I’ve seen the man work in a large sample size- he’s a very positive guy and absolutely a hard worker but he doesn’t yet know more about being a WR than half this board.

Theres a difference between a coach who’s known as a recruiter over a technician, versus a guy who literally only recruits.

Penn state is a sinking ship. X was coming regardless and Redding came bc of his major. Those thinking even Cooney is not an upgrade are the ones with a low football IQ.

Knowing that you're the one who said this makes me feel so much better about what I said. Appreciate it.

Cant be worse than Stubblefield. So I consider it a slight upgrade.

Yeah..because a WR coach who has never been a coach before in college, is clearly an upgrade over one that has had multiple P5 jobs.

Advertisement
Back