David Cooney

Advertisement
I hope you're right man. I just want to see MIA produce WRs again like Wayne, Moss, & Johnson.
I’m not even saying the hire is Cooney. Just saying we need a recruiter there. Specifically, one with Dade ties. The Stubbs hire was a cluster****.

Cooney doesn't seem irreplaceable to me. Maybe someone who knows more can fill me in.
I have no insight whatsoever, but apparently kids like him. Not saying irreplaceable at all. Very few coaches are recruiting wise

Advertisement
It should be essentially Lashlee's call although Diaz would have to ratify it. I doubt Lashlee would want to appoint a guy with whom he has no experience and whom he doesn't know. Should be a guy familiar with Lashlee's thinking and philosophy. I doubt that's Cooney.

Advertisement
I’m not even saying the hire is Cooney. Just saying we need a recruiter there. Specifically, one with Dade ties. The Stubbs hire was a cluster****.
Curtis Johnson didn't have Dade ties but he brought us Reggie Wayne, I'm assuming because CJ was tied to Louisiana. We recruited Sanana and Andre while CJ was WR coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Cooney is an elite recruiter then hire him.

I'm dying at everyone wanting a technician WR coach when y'all just wanted Stubby gone because he is out here recruiting WRs with 4.8 40s.

WR coach is one of those positions you fill with a recruiter. Look at our CB coach.. if y'all think Rumph is some sort of corner technician I have a bridge to sell you. Our attacking system makes the CB look good not Rumph. Rhett's system will do the same for the WR room no matter who the WR coach is. We just need to get a stud recruiters. I want my QB, DL, and OL coach to be a technician everyone else needs to be good recruiters. It laughable crying about who your WR coach is.
I like this....but can anyone give me the names of Wide receiver coaches for Clemson and Alabama? Why we not goin after those guys?

Curtis Johnson didn't have Dade ties but he brought us Reggie Wayne, I'm assuming because CJ was tied to Louisiana. We recruited Sanana and Andre while CJ was WR coach.
Of course he brought Reggie Wayne in, because he's from Lousiana not Dade....same with Ed Reed...so sayin he doesn't have Dade ties, then mention Wayne, in this instance doesn't prove your point.

Advertisement
Back