Daughtry Richardson 2022 OT - Interview

Yeah, way too obvious. Kid is clearly trying to troll with all this pro-Miami social media stuff, but doesn't realize this approach is SO overplayed. His lack of awareness on this AND the fact that he is likely going to commit to FSU certainly raises red flags for me with regard to his intelligence and chances of being successful at the college level.

All that said, if he does commit to Miami on the 25th, I take this all back!
I know one thing. Norvell better hope he can put together some semblance of a competitive squad this season because if he keeps pulling all these recruiting shenanigans Manny and Lashlee should hang a 100 on em.

Advertisement
So he's managed to get out of Tally and wants to go back? That seems even worse.
It's like a pig. When you're used to rolling around in sht you usually want to get back to that asap.

democratic party GIF

FWIW- 247 article said he moved the date up to Sunday 7/25 because he found out he has practice on Monday 7/26.... There's talk Kentucky is in it far more than people realize...

EDIT: He is not attending FSU's event on 7/25. Ivins was asked on FSU board who he thinks it will be and he told them he is close to putting in his cb for Kentucky

Last edited:
Advertisement
FWIW- 247 article said he moved the date up to Sunday 7/25 because he found out he has practice on Monday 7/26.... There's talk Kentucky is in it far more than people realize...

EDIT: He is not attending FSU's event on 7/25. Ivins was asked on FSU board who he thinks it will be and he told them he is close to putting in his cb for Kentucky
either we stopped trying to recruit him or we lost a battle to kentucky so for pride purposes i’ll go with the first option

either we stopped trying to recruit him or we lost a battle to kentucky so for pride purposes i’ll go with the first option
We don't have any committed OL so I'm sure we don't have the luxury of not recruiting him. The only thing I can think of maybe he's looking at the depth chart and seeing where he can play earlier. Kentucky also has had several OL go to the league in the past few years.

Another kid that in my opinion milked the attention we gave him but in his mind, because we were a later offer, I think he held a grudge and never really allowed himself to pick us.

Advertisement
Weird recruitment if he picks UK. This was a UM/FSU battle the whole time until the last month? Seems odd and has to be more to the story. I don't think this is a kid we stopped recruiting or anything like that.

Kentucky is churning high level o line out. Been that way since stoops took over. Still can’t wrap my head around both FSU and Miami losing a battle to Kentucky
If it was basketball totally understand! But football naw, us we deep on oline numbers wise at least. But fsu is a **** show on oline!

Advertisement
Wolford looks like a solid line coach. I'm just shocked a kid from Miami Central would choose Lexington KY over Miami, FL.

There are a lot of So FL kids on that roster right now, and Stoops is the coach. So I can see the appeal for a lower P5 kid. But to pass up Miami? Justice, Lashlee and Diaz are players coaches, too. Just makes little sense.

I'd keep recruiting him hard until he signs his LOI.

Advertisement
Wolford looks like a solid line coach. I'm just shocked a kid from Miami Central would choose Lexington KY over Miami, FL.

There are a lot of So FL kids on that roster right now, and Stoops is the coach. So I can see the appeal for a lower P5 kid. But to pass up Miami? Justice, Lashlee and Diaz are players coaches, too. Just makes little sense.

I'd keep recruiting him hard until he signs his LOI.
He's from Tally ...only been down here 2 years

Kentucky produces better linemen than both programs at the moment sorry to say
See this is a great point.

The kid has no goal to make a CF playoff. He's just looking at this as a business decision and going where they've been putting guys in the league. Some kids have no desire to win big. It's ok just hope his team doesn't get smashed too much that he's thought to be part of the problem and doesn't get drafted as high as his Business Decision was supposed to deliver.

Hey idiots, we didn’t lose a battle to Kentucky. He was never a priority. Welcome to having real recruiters. SFL doesn’t matter anymore. Only a players talent level.

Advertisement
Back