Daughtry Richardson 2022 OT - Interview

Ding Dong Elliot upped his FSU CB up to an 8 from a 4 coming off our visit. How does that even make sense?
It doesn't other than Richardson said "he may go up there" the last week in July. Their OL coach contacted him right away after his OV at Miami. Sounded like they pushed him to make another visit before the dead period starts again.

If he goes, probably wont be good for Canes.

Advertisement
Elliott is saying that he was hearing "good things for FSU" while Richardson was on campus for his OV at Miami. That's why he upped the cb...

Seems like we have higher priorities and have him in a holding pattern until they make their decisions. Hence, he is favoring FSU. Sounds like the same situation as Spells because we have higher priorities in front of him, on top of AH always steering recruits away from Miami.

Elliott is saying that he was hearing "good things for FSU" while Richardson was on campus for his OV at Miami. That's why he upped the cb...

Fsu seems to be selling their recruits on the upcoming season. That's dangerous imo because anything less than making a bowl game and recruits are gonna think twice.

Fsu seems to be selling their recruits on the upcoming season. That's dangerous imo because anything less than making a bowl game and recruits are gonna think twice.
I know they got some transfers, and one of them is a stud. But if they win 6 games and become bowl eligible, that’s a excellent job by norvel and staff.

Advertisement
For what? None of these SFL dudes are high on their board. Richardson probably can’t even commit if Hood wants in.
Need some OL. Hood is favoring UGA, Nelson is going to UF if they give him the green light, Agbo is going to be extremely tough pull, Cameron Williams is going to UT or OU, the Arkansas kid is staying instate, Richardson is going to F$U, we currently sit good with Carswell not sure any other OL we lead for at the moment.

The best OL from South Florida in years walked right out of our backyard last year in Marcus Tate. You want to catch Clemson you can't let that talented of a player go to who you are chasing. I just want to see Justice pull some OL talent, and I like the class we got last year, but we are losing alot of OL next 2 years and we need talent bigtime to replace.

Idk. My impression is Norvell is telling them it’s going to be a rough season again because it’s step one in rebuilding. He’s selling them on being a part of something that will be great while they are there.

that’s the impression I got from shemar’s comments after he visited that first time. Something about Norvell’s “reverse logic”

Idk. My impression is Norvell is telling them it’s going to be a rough season again because it’s step one in rebuilding. He’s selling them on being a part of something that will be great while they are there.

that’s the impression I got from shemar’s comments after he visited that first time. Something about Norvell’s “reverse logic”
This generation ain’t about waiting… 3 and to the league.

These kids in this class have grown up during high school seeing Fishers meltdown, Willie T, and now Norvel. That FSU championship was almost a decade ago now

Advertisement
FSU isn't making a bowl game lol I mean, unless they remove the minimum win totals!
I checked out the schedule, Vegas seems to agree. Looks like they get 4 freebies (Umass, Jax State, Cuse, and Wake?) Then have to pull 2 outta UL, BC, and NC State. No way the beat us, ND, Clemson, or UF. I'd say UNC maybe but after last year Howell should want to step on their necks. I could see 5...6 if they shock someone. Bowl game probably saves their class.

i feel like they have hood more as a guard no?

Depends on how fleet footed he is - not sure (I know he's lost a bunch of weight). My guess is that they start him off at guard with the hope that he can kick out to tackle. Evan Neal is the closest comp to him size wise I can think of and Neal started off at guard and eventually moved to tackle. But, he is a heck of an athlete - not sure Hood can make that transition. Back in the day, Ian Symonette (who was similar sized to Hood) played at guard but he sucked.

I checked out the schedule, Vegas seems to agree. Looks like they get 4 freebies (Umass, Jax State, Cuse, and Wake?) Then have to pull 2 outta UL, BC, and NC State. No way the beat us, ND, Clemson, or UF. I'd say UNC maybe but after last year Howell should want to step on their necks. I could see 5...6 if they shock someone. Bowl game probably saves their class.
Those are far from freebies

Advertisement
Those are far from freebies
They will be fortunate to win 5 games, Cuse is by far the most winnable conference game for them. Wake, Louisville, BC, NC State all have solid to good offenses and those are probably the only swing games they have, yet they‘ll be quite fortunate to even win two of those. Forget the remaining five games.

They will be fortunate to win 5 games, Cuse is by far the most winnable conference game for them. Wake, Louisville, BC, NC State all have solid to good offenses and those are probably the only swing games they have, yet they‘ll be quite fortunate to even win two of those. Forget the remaining five games.
They start stacking losses and watch that class fall apart…

766806F4-4071-4165-BF57-3931627218EC.png

Advertisement
My hope is if we are losing steam with him, we are gaining it with Nelson.

UK took Jake Pope from STA in ‘20. Believe he is their backup RT behind a potential NFLer.

I have to wonder what has poisoned the waters at Central.

My hope is if we are losing steam with him, we are gaining it with Nelson.

You would probably be incorrect. Kid was always gonna be a tough pull from FSU. Now that UK is involved, makes you wonder how many legit committable offers he has. I dunno.

As for Nelson, that one will also be a tough pull.

Advertisement
Back