Daughtry Richardson 2022 OT - Interview

I mean, so did we in the Summer time then the season started and we went back to average classes. FSU isn't closing with a top 10 class when they win 4 MAYBE 5 games.
I don’t disagree. It’s just crazy that just last year, many of us on this board were saying “FSU is not in it for any recruits we’re going after”.

now their in all and winning a good deal of those battles (in summer). In a span of 6 months

Advertisement
Interesting... Richardson spoke to Noles 247 after his OV at Miami.... We'll see if he makes the trip back up to Tally that last week of July...

“The Miami visit, it was honestly a great visit,” Richardson told Noles247 over the phone. “Being in the Ritz Carlton Hotel, that was nice. I can really say that Miami is really building something and they’re making sure that the player’s they’ve got are mentally tough. They do a great job of taking care of their players.”

With official visits to four schools already complete, and a decision set for July 26, Richardson admits two programs are standing above the pack at this stage of his recruitment.

“It’s 50-50 between Miami and Florida State honestly,” he claimed. “They both have great programs and both programs have a different culture. It’s a fight between Florida State and Miami, that’s really it. Kentucky and ASU are also in the mix.”

Over the next several weeks leading up to his much anticipated college commitment, Richardson plans to deliberate with family over his options and come to a decision on one school soon.

“Honestly, I’ve got to talk to my family about it and see what the family thinks and see what they’re feeling,” Richardson explained of his upcoming decision making process. “I like to get their input but it’s my decision at the end of the day, not my family’s decision.”

An interesting twist to his currently scheduled commitment date is that the NCAA recruiting dead period is lifted for one week at the end of July. That means he could make a trip to a program, or several, prior to his announcement. The 6-foot-4, 285-pounder plans to make a return trip to his hometown in Tallahassee that week.

“Yessir, Coach [Alex] Atkins wants me to come up for a visit at the end of July,” he stated. “He wants me to come down there. I was like ‘yeah I’ll come down there and visit again.’ So yeah, I might be going down to Tallahassee during that weekend.”

On July 26, Richardson plans to invite friends, family and media for a typical commitment ceremony featuring hats on a table. He also intends to stream it live to the world on his Instagram. He’s excited to put an end to his recruitment in just about a month’s time.

“It’s going to feel great and there’s going to be a lot of pressure off my shoulders,” Richardson pointed out. “I can say there will be a little weight off my shoulders when making a decision. The schools I visited over the summer, all of them have great programs. Once I make my decision, I’m locked in with that school. I’m not flipping or decommitting, none of that. We’re not flip flopping, not doing any of that stuff. That’s the school we’re going to and that’s the school I’m signing on signing day with.”

Interesting... Richardson spoke to Noles 247 after his OV at Miami.... We'll see if he makes the trip back up to Tally that last week of July...

“The Miami visit, it was honestly a great visit,” Richardson told Noles247 over the phone. “Being in the Ritz Carlton Hotel, that was nice. I can really say that Miami is really building something and they’re making sure that the player’s they’ve got are mentally tough. They do a great job of taking care of their players.”

With official visits to four schools already complete, and a decision set for July 26, Richardson admits two programs are standing above the pack at this stage of his recruitment.

“It’s 50-50 between Miami and Florida State honestly,” he claimed. “They both have great programs and both programs have a different culture. It’s a fight between Florida State and Miami, that’s really it. Kentucky and ASU are also in the mix.”

Over the next several weeks leading up to his much anticipated college commitment, Richardson plans to deliberate with family over his options and come to a decision on one school soon.

“Honestly, I’ve got to talk to my family about it and see what the family thinks and see what they’re feeling,” Richardson explained of his upcoming decision making process. “I like to get their input but it’s my decision at the end of the day, not my family’s decision.”

An interesting twist to his currently scheduled commitment date is that the NCAA recruiting dead period is lifted for one week at the end of July. That means he could make a trip to a program, or several, prior to his announcement. The 6-foot-4, 285-pounder plans to make a return trip to his hometown in Tallahassee that week.

“Yessir, Coach [Alex] Atkins wants me to come up for a visit at the end of July,” he stated. “He wants me to come down there. I was like ‘yeah I’ll come down there and visit again.’ So yeah, I might be going down to Tallahassee during that weekend.”

On July 26, Richardson plans to invite friends, family and media for a typical commitment ceremony featuring hats on a table. He also intends to stream it live to the world on his Instagram. He’s excited to put an end to his recruitment in just about a month’s time.

“It’s going to feel great and there’s going to be a lot of pressure off my shoulders,” Richardson pointed out. “I can say there will be a little weight off my shoulders when making a decision. The schools I visited over the summer, all of them have great programs. Once I make my decision, I’m locked in with that school. I’m not flipping or decommitting, none of that. We’re not flip flopping, not doing any of that stuff. That’s the school we’re going to and that’s the school I’m signing on signing day with.”
He can either be a Cane or get his *** kicked by the Canes for the next 3-5 years, hope he's smart.

Personally, I think he commits to FSU, but ultimately ends up a Cane if we haven't already filled his spot by the time he drops FSU.

Advertisement
I like Richardsons potential. He moves very well and also has room to grow. Richardson and Nelson are my favorite OT targets. I like OTs that can move Nelson is 1 Richardson is 2 in my eyes.

Kid genuinely seems interested in both us and FSU. I'm hopefully especially if the staff really wants him. Make the smart decision kid!

Advertisement

Zion Nelson should be proof that we're the team for you but if you choose them Shemar will make you pay for 3 years

Man oh man if the noles land Richardson smh. Long way from signing day, and I think they are going to have a very mediocre season but they are recruiting extremely well as of right now.
Careful people will blast you if you so much hint at the fact F$u is having some recruiting success...

The 'Holes will certainly lose some recruits if (well...not "if" but "when") they lose 4+ games this year, but they will not lose everyone and at least one of their 5 star recruits will stick. That staff is doing a nice job of getting early commitments (emphasis added)...not sure why we can't discuss the reasons why without attacks.

Advertisement
Seems like this is coming down to business decision (UM) versus emotional/family decision (FSU). If the kid is an alpha he will make a business decision. We’ve lost this decision often enough in the opposite direction to the SEC schools that I’d love to win it with Richardson.
I wish the writers would ask some follow-up questions, like “what is the difference in the culture of the 2 schools”. That would certainly tell us a lot.

Seems like this is coming down to business decision (UM) versus emotional/family decision (FSU). If the kid is an alpha he will make a business decision. We’ve lost this decision often enough in the opposite direction to the SEC schools that I’d love to win it with Richardson.
I wish the writers would ask some follow-up questions, like “what is the difference in the culture of the 2 schools”. That would certainly tell us a lot.
If I remember correctly he mentioned his father being a canes fan in an interview

Advertisement
So one player that’s 6’8 does it so that means you should try every 6’8 OLineman at OG even though height=loss of leverage?
Evan Neal isn’t a unicorn and Saban aint stupid.
But one player that did it means that others can and there are likely other D1 teams that have guards 6’6 and above I’m just not gonna look it up and others on this board that are cfb geeks can probably confirm. But I’m sure the nfl has had several of them that played tackle in college and switched to guard in the league.
Saban does that quit a bit. He recruits tackles and puts them as guards. The 2nd string guard Tommy Brown is also 6’7 and was 4 star tackle in HS.

I know it’s not the norm and I’m not saying it’s the way to go. But if he beats out other players then why not. And it doesn’t mean he can’t end up at tackle.

Evan Neal isn’t a unicorn and Saban aint stupid.
But one player that did it means that others can and there are likely other D1 teams that have guards 6’6 and above I’m just not gonna look it up and others on this board that are cfb geeks can probably confirm. But I’m sure the nfl has had several of them that played tackle in college and switched to guard in the league.
Saban does that quit a bit. He recruits tackles and puts them as guards. The 2nd string guard Tommy Brown is also 6’7 and was 4 star tackle in HS.

I know it’s not the norm and I’m not saying it’s the way to go. But if he beats out other players then why not. And it doesn’t mean he can’t end up at tackle.
Neal kinda is a unicorn considering he was able to play in a spot that is usually difficult for anyone his size. Hood lacks that athleticism which is why he won't play OG.

I didn't check all NFL O-Lines, just the top 10 best from last year, and there are only two guys that started at LG/RG over 6'5: David Edwards at 6'6 and Andrus Peat at 6'7. Both were OTs in college.

Ding Dong Elliot upped his FSU CB up to an 8 from a 4 coming off our visit. How does that even make sense?

Advertisement
Back