Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Daryl Porter Jr is a good CB & was a much needed add to our porous CB group.

We have 3 potential good young Corners with the incoming Frosh of Rogers, Harris & Graves.

Stevenson is the best CB on the team as of now...

Everybody else is either not that good or a question mark, DPJR is + net gain asset.

Advertisement
When we had staph, I understood posters complaining when we got a transfer who is not a big name or didn't have impressive measureables. But now we have staff, so......

I’m convinced that most posters here don’t actually watch games.

1. The size thing in regards to Corners is beyond dead. DJ Ivey and Dunson have crazy length and both above 6’, yet they are mediocre. Clarke and Couch are much smaller in stature and they too are mediocre. Yes, everybody would love to have the next Antrell Rolle 6’ 2” 220 lb corner, but these types don’t grow on trees. We have a mix of players of various heights/ weights that are not great. We just need to recruit kids that can play regardless of size.

2. Nesta.. lol. Listen, anyone who watched him go through drills at the AA combine knew he was the least talented DT there. His only move ever was the bull rush and when he met an opponent of similar or better skills he was a non factor. He’s was a decent contributor here who worked hard. Nothing really else needs to be said.

We have 3 potential good young Corners with the incoming Frosh of Rogers, Harris & Graves.

Everybody else is either not that good or a question mark, DPJR is + net gain asset.
@Liberty City El sir your knowledge and excellent commentary is very much appreciated. GO CANES.

He's next best choice was ASU which is a sinking ship, while not doing **** at Miami, so how is my opinion ridiculous? Good players are in the NFL at this point of their careers or transferring to a better situation. He's going backwards, and it isn't because he's really good...
There are good CFB players under the radar at schools like ASU who are struggling everywhere..nesta wasn’t a bad player. He wasn’t a star but he’s a solid P5 starter

Advertisement
But you can't. Let's let the board be the judge of that shall we?

Ok everyone tell me who is making more sense here. The gator hater or yours truly? Don't be shy now. Let it rip!
Lol honestly it’s kinda funny now..he reminds me of some politicians that no matter the facts presented ..they stand on their original Ill informed opinions..even add too them or take away from them when called out on the clear BS

It wouldn't be fair or unbiased because the board is incredibly biased to our new hires every single time. I have a history of being very rational. I got blasted every single time. I was an early disliker of Rumphs recruiting. Got blasted for it. I didn't like the Richt hire. Got blasted for it. Didn't like the Manny hire. Got blasted for it. Didn't like the Patke hire to fill the new coaching position. Got blasted. Didn't like the Banda promotion got blasted for it. Then as time went on, it turned out I was correct and the biases board was incorrect.
So how about we turn this around and you tell us what hires you were strongly in favor of both currently and in the past?

I don't even dislike the guy on that level. I have said it a hundred times. He is better than Manny and he has more support than any coach in the history of UM. I think he will do fine, but I am going to sunshine pump.
This is thee guy bro.....big reason imo is that he interviewed UM and told them this is how it's done. If u can't do that I stay at Oregon.......if he came here with the same leadership top to bottom he would fail. But everything changed cause he wanted to win big. Think he's our best hire since Butch but he has a tough job ahead of him. This upcoming class and the one afterward will tell alot. Wins and losses this year imo mean nada cause we could lose regardless if we have stud coaches. The ex staff didn't leave that roster stacked by no means. Enjoy the ride bruh we will find out next NSD if we *****.

Advertisement
So how about we turn this around and you tell us what hires you were strongly in favor of both currently and in the past?
That is a much more difficult thing to do. As I have said numerous times. Anyone who has ever done any hiring in their life can tell when someone is not cut out for the job. In order to pick out a good coach you need to be a great football mind. I am not a great football mind. I readily admit it. But I can spot someone not fit for the job with ease.

That fact that we have fans that defend obvious trolls like @OriginalGatorHater , a mope who's Gator247 handle has been out on here, is pretty sad.

If Mario would have taken the UF job, he'd be taunting us every day about what a great coach his Gators got. Don't be naive, he doesnt feel a certain way about Mario. Actually I guarantee he gets night sweats fearing what Mario can do here
OGH isn't a troll I know he isn't trust and believe me he isn't. It's ok for a fan to feel the way he does we haven't been actually lighting the world on fire for 15+ years. He's allowed to be concerned and not be a believer....it doesn't make him less of a fan. He just has a different view

This is thee guy bro.....big reason imo is that he interviewed UM and told them this is how it's done. If u can't do that I stay at Oregon.......if he came here with the same leadership top to bottom he would fail. But everything changed cause he wanted to win big. Think he's our best hire since Butch but he has a tough job ahead of him. This upcoming class and the one afterward will tell alot. Wins and losses this year imo mean nada cause we could lose regardless if we have stud coaches. The ex staff didn't leave that roster stacked by no means. Enjoy the ride bruh we will find out next NSD if we *****.
I hope your right bro. I agree with you about signing being day being the most important factor though. If he keeps recruiting like he did at Oregon we won't be winning nattys any time soon. If people are correct and he somehow starts recruiting elite at Miami, than we may have a chance.

That is a much more difficult thing to do. As I have said numerous times. Anyone who has ever done any hiring in their life can tell when someone is not cut out for the job. In order to pick out a good coach you need to be a great football mind. I am not a great football mind. I readily admit it. But I can spot someone not fit for the job with ease.
Don't let anyone fool you OGH that our last hired recruited good no one has since Butch regardless of rankings. I know me and u agreed with that for years. This guy can legit close and has a mess of real sec recruiters.

Advertisement

Tell us how u really feel about Manny's corners so u can cut the noise out from fans thinking we got some shut down types back there.

Don't let anyone fool you OGH that our last hired recruited good no one has since Butch regardless of rankings. I know me and u agreed with that for years. This guy can legit close and has a mess of real sec recruiters.
Of course bro. You know me and you talked about Mannys and Richts recruiting for years being trash. I hope you are right. If he is a legit closer that would be a big step up IMO.

Of course bro. You know me and you talked about Mannys and Richts recruiting for years being trash. I hope you are right. If he is a legit closer that would be a big step up IMO.
U could be right to just people be sensitive af on here. U have a right to disagree it doesn't make u not a fan. If u don't believe in the staff u should be able to say so. It's their jobs to prove u wrong or prove u right. We in for the ride let's see how it shakes out.

Advertisement
U could be right to just people be sensitive af on here. U have a right to disagree it doesn't make u not a fan. If u don't believe in the staff u should be able to say so. It's their jobs to prove u wrong or prove u right. We in for the ride let's see how it shakes out.
Facts. And, just like with the other coaches. I hope I am wrong. I won't be like @JZCane0825 and change my name if Mario wins us a couple NCs. I will eat my crow.

Saw Lil' Porter tonight at Quarterdeck in Sawgrass, with Dante Culpepper of all people. (who now looks like a Defensive Tackle)
Looks like they were celebrating him coming back home. People were congratulating him.

SIDENOTE: That Quarterdeck attracts all kinds of former athletes. Patrick Surtain, Daryl Porter, Khajana Carter, OJ McDuffie, Dante Culpepper, etc. There's always somebody in there. Lots of other "talent" walking around that establishment as well. It's a low key gold mine.

They have about 3 more weeks until the new Flanigan's in Sawgrass opens up and annihilates them though.

@OriginalGatorHater yeah come on, who was your guy?
LMAO the difference between me and you, was I didn't attack everyone that disagreed with me. You legit went after me for years. Constantly talking schit to me. I knew anytime I said something negative about Richt I would have a neg and a "your a troll" comment from you waiting next time I logged back in. Its whatever, I didn't care. I figured you were a family member or something, but the fact that you are doing it round 2 with Mario is just weird af to me. I also admit I am not an expert at picking coaches I said it earlier.

Advertisement
Back