Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Why would you say that?
1. Coming out of HS, he was the only kid I saw stick Christian Leary man-to-man 100% and nailed it. Also guarded Tommi Hill. As well as Arian Smith and Agiye Hall. Kid mostly played WR in Hs, but can play some **** CB. You all may not know how good Christian Leary is, but anyone that could stick man to man is a winner.
2. He took over as a starting CB later in the season and did not disappoint.
3. A strong willing tackler.
4. Clarke has the experience, confidence, and now a good *** strength & conditioning going on… I just don’t see how he doesn’t make the impact he’s been doing already.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. Coming out of HS, he was the only kid I saw stick Christian Leary man-to-man 100% and never lost. Also guarded Toni Hill. As well as Arian Smith and Agiye Hall. Kid mostly played WR in Hs, but can play some **** CB.
4. Clarke has the experience, confidence, and now a good *** strength & conditioning going on… I just don’t see how he doesn’t make the impact he’s been doing already.

Great insights, thanks. I'll be watching more closely. I was so angry with Manny I honestly didn't pay enough attention at the end of the season to the emerging young guys.

Anyone have any idea if Curtis can do something back there? We had a lot of freshmen playing and even starting at defense. But his name never really came up.

1. Coming out of HS, he was the only kid I saw stick Christian Leary man-to-man 100% and never lost. Also guarded Toni Hill. As well as Arian Smith and Agiye Hall. Kid mostly played WR in Hs, but can play some **** CB.
You seem really knowledgeable about Clarke, and he is young and his best days should lie ahead, but I recall him having some difficulties last season. Wouldn't project him ahead of Stevenson as our best corner.

Advertisement
You seem really knowledgeable about Clarke, and he is young and his best days should lie ahead, but I recall him having some difficulties last season. Wouldn't project him ahead of Stevenson as our best corner.
I have clarke firmly above Couch based off the ending of last szn.

He as he played more seem to develop a confidence. Also he definately is a willing tackler even at his size.

If he isnt starting on the outside i got Clarke as our starting nickel.

I have clarke firmly above Couch based off the ending of last szn.

He as he played more seem to develop a confidence. Also he definately is a willing tackler even at his size.

If he isnt starting on the outside i got Clarke as our starting nickel.
The mysterious case of Te'Cory Couch. Based solely on '20 the kid looked like a playmaker, albeit undersized. Had a couple picks making plays on the deep ball, and was used effectively as a blitzer of all things.
'21 season, clearly a setback. Any reasonable explanation for what happened?

*thought Couch in '20 was more impressive than Clarke in '21. Just my opinion; maybe not giving enough weight to tackling. Hope you guys are right about Clarke.

Advertisement
The mysterious case of Te'Cory Couch. Based solely on '20 the kid looked like a playmaker, albeit undersized. Had a couple picks making plays on the deep ball, and was used effectively as a blitzer of all things.

*thought Couch in '20 was more impressive than Clarke in '21. Just my opinion; maybe not giving enough weight to tackling. Hope you guys are right about Clarke.

I think teams got the 2020 film on Couch and realized he could be bullied by the bigs. Nearly all his bad plays in 2021 were due to physicality. Couch needs to get nasty or he's going to be riding pine. Love that kid coming out of HS. ... Not sure where Clarke compares in terms of his ability to hold up against more physical receivers?

Bruh. I'm not going to argue with you. **** on the players all you want. It obviously makes you feel like a great fan. Do you.

This is silly. Miami begged and recruited that man to play here. He gave it his all. He played with heart.

For that I respect him. Nothing more nothing less.

I blame the coaches for not using what HE CAN DO in a way to benefit the team.
So if you’re not kissing the players (who are adults getting paid) asses then you’re “****ting” on them or are a bad fan? Let’s just blame the coaches, huh? Great logic. You’re a real super fan, bruh..

I’m not interested in arguing but if you’re going to claim to be a super fan with high Football IQ I would love to be proven wrong as to why Nesta was a JAG here.

Did you guys watch the OSU bowl game? They ran a train on that boy and cooked him soo thoroughly he might have been broken that night, if he didnt get beat by their wr crew he was getting PI calls..

Advertisement
I think teams got the 2020 film on Couch and realized he could be bullied by the bigs. Nearly all his bad plays in 2021 were due to physicality. Couch needs to get nasty or he's going to be riding pine. Love that kid coming out of HS. ... Not sure where Clarke compares in terms of his ability to hold up against more physical receivers?
Clarke did pretty good against Emeka Emezie (6’3 215). That’s the most physical WR I think I’ve seen him line up with. That NC State game is where T-Rob decided to try him and Isiah Dunson

Saw Lil' Porter tonight at Quarterdeck in Sawgrass, with Dante Culpepper of all people. (who now looks like a Defensive Tackle)
Looks like they were celebrating him coming back home. People were congratulating him.

SIDENOTE: That Quarterdeck attracts all kinds of former athletes. Patrick Surtain, Daryl Porter, Khajana Carter, OJ McDuffie, Dante Culpepper, etc. There's always somebody in there. Lots of other "talent" walking around that establishment as well. It's a low key gold mine.

They have about 3 more weeks until the new Flanigan's in Sawgrass opens up and annihilates them though.
That ****** Flanigan's has taken forever and a day to finally open.

Agreed. Clarke was surprisingly aggressive and good at tackling given his relatively small size, but he did not look good in coverage most of the time. But he's young, so we'll see what happens.

Advertisement
Back