Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Yea cause coaches are never wrong
No, they could be wrong. But given the track record and quality of our staff, I'd say the odds they are right is exponentially higher than the odds some random non-expert on a message board would be right.

Advertisement
Another expert analysis only look at stats to judge an entire body of work. Wonder if Mario has spot for you on staph.
Yea another fool ready to hype any and every player only to shît on them later when the truth is revealed. I looked at his film from wvu as well not just stats. I didn’t see sure fire starter like everyone claims he will be. He was only a freshmen so hey maybe he gets way better

No, they could be wrong. But given the track record and quality of our staff, I'd say the odds they are right is exponentially higher than the odds some random non-expert on a message board would be right.
It’s my fûckin opinion lol. Just because I don’t think this dude is this great cb like everybody else it’s a problem? I hope the dude proves me wrong I stg I do but right now looking at it he doesn’t seem much better than guys like couch

It’s my fûckin opinion lol. Just because I don’t think this dude is this great cb like everybody else it’s a problem? I hope the dude proves me wrong I stg I do but right now looking at it he doesn’t seem much better than guys like couch
No one is saying you can't have an opinion. Just pointing out your non-expert, limited knowledge opinion carries FAR less weight than the opinions of top coaches who have coached top players at that position. Top coaches and analysts who watched the same film you did and came away with a very different opinion than you. No one is saying he's a sure superstar. But he's clearly a talented CB who can come in and bolster a very weak CB room as either a starter or key backup.

Advertisement
Miami needed a portal corner. We got one with p5 experience at a b12 school. Miami has plenty of room to add another portal corner. Don’t get the questioning of this take. Think it’s massive, just wish he was here for spring.
And with 3 years eligibility.

You have a very strange obsession with above average recruiters that suck on game day. I figured after your obsession with Richt you would have learned your lesson. The only one crying here, was you, when your boy Richt quit.

This is absolute insanity. After I proved you wrong time and time again with Richt, you are now trying to beef with me over Richt 2.0.
Your comparing the old burnt out Richt we got in 2016 to what Mario brings to the table? Everyone knows that Mario needs to improve on GameDay but when you take into consideration everything that he brings to the table, Mario dwarfs Richt and I respect Richt tremendously. In terms of recruiting I would hardly call Mario above average. I would call him elite.

I have no problem with you being cautious in terms of waiting to see how the new staff works out but you should know the difference between empiricism and stubbornness.

Your comparing the old burnt out Richt we got in 2016 to what Mario brings to the table? Everyone knows that Mario needs to improve on GameDay but when you take into consideration everything that he brings to the table, Mario dwarfs Richt and I respect Richt tremendously. In terms of recruiting I would hardly call Mario above average. I would call him elite.

I have no problem with you being cautious in terms of waiting to see how the new staff works out but you should know the difference between empiricism and stubbornness.
Richt recruited better at UGA than Mario did at Oregon and we heard the same thing. "if he can recruit like that at UGA who has no championship pedigree, wait until you see how he recruits at Miami!".

Richt recruited better at UGA than Mario did at Oregon and we heard the same thing. "if he can recruit like that at UGA who has no championship pedigree, wait until you see how he recruits at Miami!".
You're joking right? This is what I mean bro. I could deconstruct the above post and explain why it's ridiculous but I won't even bother. There are literally dozens of factors that make your comparison laughable but I'm tired of doing this. You're just thick as a brick and there is nothing I can say that will change that. How can you possibly be so obtuse? Is it purposeful?

Advertisement
No one is saying you can't have an opinion. Just pointing out your non-expert, limited knowledge opinion carries FAR less weight than the opinions of top coaches who have coached top players at that position. Top coaches and analysts who watched the same film you did and came away with a very different opinion than you. No one is saying he's a sure superstar. But he's clearly a talented CB who can come in and bolster a very weak CB room as either a starter or key backup.
And here's the rub: you feel Porter's 'clearly a talented cb', while another feels he's comparable to Couch. I was somewhat surprised with the take because of the size profile being similar to Couch and Clarke while the perceived need is for a starter opposite Stephenson. I've attempted a couple times to elicit responses from resident experts in regards to assessing Porter' s skills and/or comparing him to other portal CB's this cycle.
I gather the staff feels there's enough talent, as well as, and maybe in addition to other potential benefits from this take. It's possible that all factors need to be taken into account regarding this matter.

You're joking right? This is what I mean bro. I could deconstruct the above post and explain why it's ridiculous but I won't even bother. There are literally dozens of factors that make your comparison laughable but I'm tired of doing this. You're just thick as a brick and there is nothing I can say that will change that. How can you possibly be so obtuse? Is it purposeful?
I could say the same thing about you.

And here's the rub: you feel Porter's 'clearly a talented cb', while another feels he's comparable to Couch. I was somewhat surprised with the take because of the size profile being similar to Couch and Clarke while the perceived need is for a starter opposite Stephenson. I've attempted a couple times to elicit responses from resident experts in regards to assessing Porter' s skills and/or comparing him to other portal CB's this cycle.
I gather the staff feels there's enough talent, as well as, and maybe in addition to other potential benefits from this take. It's possible that all factors need to be taken into account regarding this matter.
You need 4-5 playable corners. Based on film last year, Couch is not playable. He was awful. Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t make a jump under a new staff. But, he isn’t playable based on last season. Mario creates competition and he trusts what he sees. Porter was way better than Couch last year and his DB coach wanted Porter. That says a lot. Clarke has a future. Barring a huge jump in the spring, Couch will be transferring to a G5 in a couple months.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I trust the national guys far more than I trust keyboard warrior and resident mopey douche @OriginalGatorHater and folks that get paid to have opinions think this was a grand slam hire by Miami. Would love to know who would have been a better choice.
Remember when you said the same thing about Diaz a few years ago? Then you doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc. down on that stance hundreds of times over the next couple years that once he was fired you had to get a new username.

But you can't. Let's let the board be the judge of that shall we?

Ok everyone tell me who is making more sense here. The gator hater or yours truly?
Oh ya, I am sure the board is going to give us a very fair and unbiased opinion on this topic. You could have done this during the Golden, Manny, Richt hire and would have gotten the same responses from the board.

I get where @OriginalGatorHater is coming from. I felt the same way about Manny as he does about Mario. When you dislike a coach on that level, really isn’t much (outside of winning big) that will change that persons mind.
I don't even dislike the guy on that level. I have said it a hundred times. He is better than Manny and he has more support than any coach in the history of UM. I think he will do fine, but I am going to sunshine pump.

Oh ya, I am sure the board is going to give us a very fair and unbiased opinion on this topic. You could have done this during the Golden, Manny, Richt hire and would have gotten the same responses from the board.
Why wouldn't we get a fair unbiased opinion? Do you have a reputation for being irrational? And for the record, I didn't care for any of those hires. I just give every coach I fair trial period without being a miserable prick but in the case of Mario I did like the hire. I wouldn't have liked it 7 years ago but now absolutely for a myriad of reasons I won't even bother to go into.

Advertisement
Back