Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

I could not agree more.

I honestly would consider his scholarship fulfilled on the schools end and ask him to move on.
I’m with you. I’m really hoping the staff/ new db coach gives him the talk and either transfers out or has cojanes to bench him.

Advertisement
My little bro was the starting S for American Heritage when DP2 was there in 2019. Made keeven job so much easier is a true lockdown corner despite size is freakishly quick & twitchy. Early production at WVU but also obv had fr mistakes that come with playing early. Incredible ball skills have seen him practice and do it in games would co sign this move in a second cause I know his best football is still ahead of him with stacking experience.
Appreciate the insight here and on the show last night. Good work.

For those who don't know, Daryl Porter Jr. is the son of Daryl Porter Sr. (No ****, Sherlock), and a woman who is also the mother of Marvin Jones Jr. (I believe y'all can figure out who daddy is in that situation as well).

First of all, Daryl Porter Sr. was a BAD MAN back in the day at STA. I still maintain that him and Keith Wilkerson was the best HS RB duo I've ever seen in my life. They were absolute freaks of nature and STA just pounded people with them over and over and over.

Fast-forward 20+ years, Daryl Porter has a son with a lady, the son goes to Heritage, he's a **** of a player in his own right, and is recruited to play at West Va by our newest DB coach.

Also, Marvin Jones has a kid with the same woman, the kid goes to Heritage, is a 5-star player, and guess who was the main driver for getting him to sign with UGA a couple months ago? Yep, that same DB coach who now rocks a Miami polo.

Porter Jr. just hit the portal. We need DBs desperately. Like, yesterday. Maybe at some point he wants to play ball with his half-brother? Hmmmmmm.
What's her current status? She got another 5* egg up in there because she makes athletes and I was a pretty good athlete. See where I'm going with this? Plus I'll guarantee he'll be a Cane.

I wonder how sustainable this "Portal Raid" thing is for FSPoo.

Just think about it, if I were a HS coach I would not advise the kids I coach go there (I mean I wouldn't under any circumstances lol), because what they currently seem to do is raid the portal for 1 year rentals.

Kids that commited to that **** show get guys placed in front of them when they would otherwise, get meaningful snaps. Getting Portal kids here and there to strengthen your depth or having 2-3 plug and play players never hurt, but it has been two years where they get most of their players who actually play in games and are somewhat "difference makers" from the portal. This must hurt a) for development and b) in recruiting HS kids, because they see that FSPoo is desperate and will put someone in front of them at any moment if they have the chance too.

I would try to negative recruit the **** out of that!

Wait, “magic mike”? Exactly what magical sh*t has that guy done? I know it’s fsu, but even for them 5 wins is far from magical.

In fairness, he did a great job with the Dementors...

1645100540225.png

Advertisement
There’s not but That’s why Clarke should play more lol. The little he played he did Better then couch and ivey and probably one of our better cover corners right now.
I agree he’s the second most talented on roster Skill wise and thought he flashed When he played.

regression of couch is puzzling.

This isn’t true but we’ll see

And even then you have to be a great athlete, i said if addae likes him ill trust em
The best man corners in the nfl are tre white, jaire Alexander, Denzel ward, Kenny Moore (is 5’9).. I can keep going.. but please tell me what isn’t true? They’re all under 6ft. And you shouldn’t be a corner at all if you’re not an above average athlete. That’s how you end up with DJ ivey.

The best man corners in the nfl are tre white, jaire Alexander, Denzel ward, Kenny Moore (is 5’9).. I can keep going.. but please tell me what isn’t true? They’re all under 6ft
They are supreme athletes this corner we talkin bout looks smaller than 5’11 and isn’t close to the athlete them dudes are.

The best man corners this past year to me including tre, jaire was hurt, was lattimore ps2 jc aj terrell. I don’t believe in getting an undersized corners in a scheme like this unless they are super twitchy and athletic of course

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are supreme athletes this corner we talkin bout looks smaller than 5’11 and isn’t close to the athlete them dudes are.

The best man corners this past year to me including tre, jaire was hurt, was lattimore ps2 jc aj terrell. I don’t believe in getting an undersized corners in a scheme like this unless they are super twitchy and athletic of course
Lattimore is probaly a true 5’11 too. I’m only 6’1 and I’ve stood next to him before I’m taller but aj Terrell is a stud. Had a all pro caliber year. PS2 is good as well. But I get your point

I'd only take 1 more CB (unless we have additional attrition via the Portal). We really need:

• two upperclass LBs (studs not JAGs);
  • two effective pass rushing DEs; and
  • 1-2 additional OL.

As the numbers don't work (if we only have 5 remaining slots), Mario needs to be ruthless in his roster management & prune some dead weight so we can shore up positions where we're weak (LB, DE, CB & OL). These areas need to be addressed bigly, if we're going to have a great season. We had virtually no pass rush last year and our LBs weren't visible on most plays. It's going to take a heck of an overhaul to shore those areas up.
Its going to take 2 full recruiting classes and some attrition/portal magic to get the roster where it needs to be. We have top end holes and lack of depth all over the place. But if we are only working with 5 spots, 2 of them need to be CB. Doesnt matter about attrition. With all due respect to the kids, there isnt a player on that unit that could leave and would really hurt us. Unless our opponents plan on playing a jumbo formation with 2 TE's and a RB/FB in the backfield with 1 WR running routes, we are screwed.

I'll let the experts decide if its Smith and DP. Seems to be more agreement that they have more starter/semi starter talent than anyone else on our roster not named Rique.

Our pass rush will be a problem We arent going to get a lot of pressure rushing 4. Will need some creative stunts and blitzing. We did use a spot on Moultrie and should use another of the 5 on a DE.

LB for sure as well for a spot. But with Steele's new scheme and some much needed tackling work in practice, some of the existing crew will have to step up. Steele needs to find packages where Avante, Kam, and JW are on the field at the same time.

We need an OT too. This is all why Ive set expectations this coming year at 9 wins and Coastal champs. Our D is going to get carved in certain games. We cant count on TVD, learning a new scheme, to bail us out every time. 8 wins and I'll be ****ed. Anything over 9 and I'll be tickled pink.

I agree he’s the second most talented on roster Skill wise and thought he flashed When he played.

Couch was dealing with some off field personal stuff I believe that affected him on field. I’m in the minority here but I’m not giving up on him. Fresh Couch looked good and someone that could contribute as long as he gets better. He had a spark about him and while not great measurements, had a nose for the ball. Sophomore Couch not so much. I’m rooting for him.

Advertisement
This may have already been answered, but why didn't we go after Porter when he was coming out?

The best man corners in the nfl are tre white, jaire Alexander, Denzel ward, Kenny Moore (is 5’9).. I can keep going.. but please tell me what isn’t true? They’re all under 6ft. And you shouldn’t be a corner at all if you’re not an above average athlete. That’s how you end up with DJ ivey.
You have X right here in Miami that plays pretty good man d. He's 6 ft.

Ya really is. Maybe it’s coaching? Not sure we’ll have to see this season. He used to play with a chip on his shoulder didn’t see it as the season went on

Advertisement
Back