Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Hope Addae can bring some elite DB play back to Coral Gables. Last first round DB was Burns and he flamed out hard in the league. 2008 before that with Kenny Phillips. Let’s be honest with ourselves, FSU and UF have been lapping us with DB development the last decade, NEED A CHANGE.

FSU has wasted more DB talent than anyone ever since Jimbo left. It's been Asante and then a spectacular collection of busts

Advertisement
B8D93379-1797-49DC-92EE-9272D7C84BD3.gif

A497531B-EE1B-4A9D-BAB7-4CB027A7DAD8.gif

I don’t think the ppl that want us to pass on Porter remember what our CBs looked like last year. Outside of TS not a 1 of the others have proven themselves capable of covering at an even average level fr. Blades gotta show me something and get Ivey, Couch and Clarke out of my face until further notice. You guys want to rely on some true FR? Shít, I think we need to bring in a couple CBs, the cream will rise to the top and whoever is left behind can head out.

Everybody has lofty expectations but if we go into next year with nothing but the usual suspects behind TS, we’re not going to get close to reaching the heights we could. Gotta upgrade that room quick fast and in a hurry, hopefully it starts with Porter.

I mean a CB is a must, but there has to be development of the guys on the roster too.

FSU has wasted more DB talent than anyone ever since Jimbo left. It's been Asante and then a spectacular collection of busts
Don’t be a homer man.

Asante
Derwin James
Jalen Ramsey
Ronald Darby
Lamarcus Joyner
Xavier Rhodes

So much better than what we have been putting in the league. I’m not saying the FSU staff in place now will continue that talent to the league but comparing our resumes the last decade is a no contest. Only a homer will disagree

EDIT- I digress, OP mentioned since Jimbo left. Still FSU can claim those guys as their products regardless of who was coach, we can’t claim anyone notable under Golden, Richt, Manny lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t be a homer man.

Asante
Derwin James
Jalen Ramsey
Ronald Darby
Lamarcus Joyner
Xavier Rhodes

So much better than what we have been putting in the league. I’m not saying the FSU staff in place now will continue that talent to the league but comparing our resumes the last decade is a no contest. Only a homer will disagree
all of those guys were gone when Willie took over.

Don’t be a homer man.

Asante
Derwin James
Jalen Ramsey
Ronald Darby
Lamarcus Joyner
Xavier Rhodes

he said ever since Jimbo left. He's right

Advertisement
He had 73.7 coverage grade against Oklahoma, he practically locked down his side of the field.

Matched up great with Marvin Mims & Drake Stoops when he had to play the Boundary side.

He’s best in off zone coverage, which is what we struggled at the most & had good hands & physicality while in phase playing in Press man. He’s without question a take just based on the fact he gives us more depth & allows for the young guns like Jaden Harris & Chris Graves more time to develop and come along as the season progresses.

Plus CB’s who start in the Big XII tend to be more advanced in coverage because they get thrown into the fire from day one & have to play a ton reps going up against all those high octane offenses. It’s much easier to cover playing in the B1G & the SEC when you may only get 4 targets a game thrown at you, in the Big XII you might get 4 targets a DRIVE thrown your way lol.

Bring. Him. Here.
1645040345688.gif

He’s a take! Alright people carry on now, get back to work, close thread, Mario bring him to us

Advertisement

He had 46tcks 5PBU’s & 1INT as a Red Frosh last season.

He had good coverage grades vs Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, TCU, TTech, VA Tech & Maryland.

And furthermore, he adds more competition in a CB room that is sorely lacking in good cover corners.

I don’t think most of yall realize how bad our CB’s really are, we need a completely revamped room & anybody who helps keep the bad coverage corners off the field is a take in my book.

Bring him & Keidron Smith in, fck it, bring in as many as possible, force the incumbents to either step up their play or hit the Portal & be someone else’s problem. Yall gotta stop babying this CB group hoping against hope that they’re going to play above their means, it’s sh*t or get off the pot time.

Accepting mediocrity is for losers, Miami can’t be losers anymore.

This is what I want. 2 with different skill sets to challenge and take spots or push guys out. Its pretty simple honestly. The safety room looks good.

Adding:
DP jr
Keidron Smith
Graves
Rodgers (definite redshirt)
ATL kid

changes that group make up right away and adds playable talent. There were times i was generally scared of the actual dbs on the field...and i still cant get that FSU catch oput of my head on Couch...it 100% showed the lack of talent/awareness in the cb group in one short clip

Advertisement
Hope Addae can bring some elite DB play back to Coral Gables. Last first round DB was Burns and he flamed out hard in the league. 2008 before that with Kenny Phillips. Let’s be honest with ourselves, FSU and UF have been lapping us with DB development the last decade, NEED A CHANGE.
Not so fast my friend.

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/players-roster/artie-burns/

Started 6 games for the Bears last year coming off of acl injury and didnt look half bad.

Advertisement
Back