Darnell Washington (new thread)

Lol you might not agree with that but its true. Recruits have always been turned off by fans negativity here. Thats the third recruit that says that this class.

yep And not to mention a parent contacted Ivins and asked not to have pics and a write up about the in home posted on social media - they didn't want the backlash comments...

Advertisement
I think that are MANY people on this board that don't either accept reality or can't comprehend the UM program as it is today is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. We had one good win over Virginia and I wouldn't classify a good win over a hapless FSU team.. Other than than that look at our losses and wins. Most of our wins are against poor competition and are losses stick out like a sore thumb. It's a very depressing 2019 resume and then of course you have the negative recruiting from other staffs. I think based on what we have right now in our recruiting class it's impressive based on UM performances on the field. PLEASE TELL ME WHY WOULD AN ELITE PLAYER COME HERE? A vacant stadium, a program in a downhill spiral, a bottom feeder in the worst conference in America, and a coaching staff that is incompetent at best. THAT IS WHY WE ARE SUFFERING IN OUR RECRUITING EFFORTS. Tired of the bags bags bags reference which I know plays a part but so does WINNING!

I think that are MANY people on this board that don't either accept reality or can't comprehend the UM program as it is today is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. We had one good win over Virginia and I wouldn't classify a good win over a hapless FSU team.. Other than than that look at our losses and wins. Most of our wins are against poor competition and are losses stick out like a sore thumb. It's a very depressing 2019 resume and then of course you have the negative recruiting from other staffs. I think based on what we have right now in our recruiting class it's impressive based on UM performances on the field. PLEASE TELL ME WHY WOULD AN ELITE PLAYER COME HERE? A vacant stadium, a program in a downhill spiral, a bottom feeder in the worst conference in America, and a coaching staff that is incompetent at best. THAT IS WHY WE ARE SUFFERING IN OUR RECRUITING EFFORTS. Tired of the bags bags bags reference which I know plays a part but so does WINNING!
I agree winning is very important, but can you tell what exactly Georgia is winning outside of and SEC east title?

Advertisement
I agree winning is very important, but can you tell what exactly Georgia is winning outside of and SEC east title?
They are in the hunt to win the SEC and make playoffs pretty much every year. We can’t even win the coastal

They are in the hunt to win the SEC and make playoffs pretty much every year. We can’t even win the coastal
Are they though? They went to a NC three years ago now and have not made it into the playoffs since? What exactly are they winning that is of any importance?

The U football account posts anything on Twitter and 100 ****** fans start commenting to fire everyone. If you think recruits dont see that and feel some type of way you dumb *** **** boy. If we dont love and believe in our school why should they?
THEY SHOULDN'T.

He’s just telling what the coaches are telling him which is spin that the fans are making it hard to recruit, not the fact that we lost to FIU and a under 500 Duke and GT.

No this is part stuff he hears from recruits and their families, and part assumptions based on the same evidence fans can see of internet staff bashing.

Personally I don't think it takes some crazed fans calling for Enos to be fired on twitter for recruits to recognize that the team is 6-6 against a soft schedule and the offense is near the bottom of CFB. These kids aren't blind.

Advertisement

then go root for Boise State and GTFO. Miami is always in the running to be relevant because they have a beautiful campus in one of the best (if not the best) talent rich areas in the country, in a city that is known world-wide for glamour, they have an incredible history admit it or not (how many schools have two ESPN documentaries?), still put guys in the NFL each year not-to-mention multiple players on the all-time NFL team and the stadium is actually one of the best ones in the country. The fact that a 6-6 team that has had one good season in 10 years can get multiple 5-stars in for visits tells you all you need to know. I bet Virginia Tech gets a 5-star to visit once every 3 years.

Thats gonna help for sure
For 15 years this fan base has been completely right about everything. To the T. The recruit and whoever their guardians are should know this about the program's fanbase... when they start calling bull**** on a coach, it's for good reason and they should stay far far away

You can easily make your point without the hyperbole...

They are trash, but I would qualify the UL win as a "good win" because the team looked solid and we very easily covered the spread. Same for F$U, as that name still matters and we had a dominant performance (and covered easy). Other than those 2 games and the win over UVA, there were no quality wins in 2019.

The "vacant stadium" thing is mostly myth or, at the very least, greatly exaggerated. We finished 4th in the ACC in attendance in 2017 (after Clemson, F$U, and VT), averaging 56,263 fans per game. In 2018, we improved to 61,469 fans per game. I expect the 2019 numbers to look more like 2017 than 2018 (because of our lame home schedule and weak performance), but it's still a far cry from "empty." Lots of those are free tickets, and some of those stats may be jacked up, but every NCAA team does that.

No argument about us being in a downhill spiral. GT; FIU; Duke. Enough said.

We aren't a bottom feeder in the worst conference in America. We're a middling team in one of the worst P5 conferences in America. That's bad enough.

No argument about the staff, taken as a whole, being incompetent. Stroud seems to really know what he is doing. I still like our S&C coach. And I think Rumph is a competent coach (who is still learning recruiting on the job). Hickson and Field appear to be somewhat capable recruiters so far. Enos, Baker, Barry, Stubbs, Patke, Banda are all a waste of space/time/money. And Diaz is more out of his depth than a submarine in a sandbar.

All of that said, there are still some reasons for elite players to come here. Depth chart, for one. For local kids, playing in front of your family and friends. For TEs and RBs, we've proven that we get kids to the succeed in college and into the NFL regardless of incompetent staffs. And, my favorite, if you're really elite, you'll make it to the league wherever you go.

That being said, if a kid is looking to win now and that's the most important thing to him, then it clearly isn't happening at UM any time soon and I have nothing to sell that kid. Which, I think, was your actual point.

Advertisement
Are they though? They went to a NC three years ago now and have not made it into the playoffs since? What exactly are they winning that is of any importance?
Yes. Like I said, they are in the hunt pretty much every year. No, they don’t typically win the big games, but they do play in them. Played in SECCG the last 3 years. Recruits wants to play on big stages. UGA offers that. We don’t.

Yes. Like I said, they are in the hunt pretty much every year. No, they don’t typically win the big games, but they do play in them. Played in SECCG the last 3 years. Recruits wants to play on big stages. UGA offers that. We don’t.
So they want to play in big games and either lose or get embarrassed?

Advertisement

Recruiting titles...and the hearts of many south florida handlers and single moms through the south east.

They haven't won sh*t since i've been alive but you would think they are a dynasty EVERY YEAR. They are basically the team the media has to hype up to be slaughtered in the sec championship game since the sec east is real deal a sh*tty division..so they have to make someone coming outta that side to look good.

Would you take UGA’s last 3 years over our last 3 years?

They are literally already realizing Kirby Smart is another Richt….so pretty much they are the same as us just about except they spend infinitely more to be a team that will be bait for the big fish in the other side of their conference.

They lost to USC this year as well if i can remember which is essentially losing to a GT/Duke like program.

They are literally already realizing Kirby Smart is another Richt….so pretty much they are the same as us just about except they spend infinitely more to be a team that will be bait for the big fish in the other side of their conference.

They lost to USC this year as well if i can remember which is essentially losing to a GT/Duke like program.
Look man you aren’t going to hear me disagree with that. Kirby is overrated as ****. Point is I don’t see how it’s a surprise that they would beat us for recruits. They are still a better team than us at the end of the day

Recruiting titles...and the hearts of many south florida handlers and single moms through the south east.

They haven't won sh*t since i've been alive but you would think they are a dynasty EVERY YEAR. They are basically the team the media has to hype up to be slaughtered in the sec championship game since the sec east is real deal a sh*tty division..so they have to make someone coming outta that side to look good.

This is the worst the Sec east has been in a looong time. Late 90’s up til about 2010 it was probably the strongest division in CFB.

Advertisement
Back