Danny White (UCF AD) hired at Tennessee

Advertisement
Good, fast hire by Tennessee. Their athletic dept is a mess (remember the aborted hire of Greg Schiano?) and their fan base has way too much power. Got to clean it up, get the right HC and proceed on a 5 year plan. Not a quick turnaround situation.

Advertisement
good AD and maybe Steele comes available. not sure if **** turn around Tennessee though. thats a tough job and none of their past 6 ADs in 20 years have done anything well

Advertisement
C846EAFB-5F1F-44B4-AE90-D980D98C6DE4.png

Great hire for them. I've always wanted him as the AD to replace Flake. Thoughts?

I would have also liked to see his name on the short list of Blake James replacements, but good for him. Likely got a 7 figure deal and there won't be much pressure on him to win for 3 years as they will be crushed by sanctions. Won't be much to look forward to there except for Tennessee Lady Vols basketball.

Danny white looked like a stud after frost and then heupels first year. Then McKenzie Milton got hurt and heupel looks meh and frost has been a failure at Nebraska. So let’s see if he actually knows how to pick a coach or if he got lucky that Milton made everyone look better than they are. He’s a dam good promoter tho with that natty stunt

Advertisement
Solid hire as an AD overall.

Stepped in as AD taking over a UCF program that was leaving the Sloan era going 0 for in 2015. Built them up immediately. But it wasn’t just the football program that was rebuilt under his watch. UCF men’s & women’s b-ball came up under his watch. ****, the UCF men’s team was this close to knocking Zion Williamson’s Duke squad out of the tourney if not for “a couple” of bad calls that gave Duke a breath of life in the waning moments.

It’ll be interesting to see what he does in Knoxville, but if I’m going to be Frank, I like how UTK had their ducks in a row, strategically mapping out this chit before it all came to a head, both in handling Pruitt & his staff & Fulmer.

Advertisement
Great hire for them. I've always wanted him as the AD to replace Flake. Thoughts?

Nah.... our SJWs are more content f'ing up every male sport.... they love betas running athletic departments..
... baseball, football and basketball are in the toilet with no respite in sight

Tennessee is a poor man’s Texas. They needed an outside guy and I believe White checks that box, also seems to be a decent AD, which I hear matters.

Good hire.

Can't knock Tennessee. They're at least making moves that makes sense from the outside. I'd take White as an AD a million times over Blake James. They may never return to prominence, but commitment won't be the reason.

Advertisement
Back