Danny White (UCF AD) hired at Tennessee

Can't knock Tennessee. They're at least making moves that makes sense from the outside. I'd take White as an AD a million times over Blake James. They may never return to prominence, but commitment won't be the reason.

I'll give Tennessee some credit. Their BOT saw that someone dropped a big dookie, and they decided to drain the toilet, scrub it from top to bottom inside and out, and start again clean. Top notch AD to hire new HC.

Miami keeps flushing, but is ignoring the fact that someone left an upper decker and there is a **** in the top part of the toilet. Doesn't matter how many times they flush, it's going to keep stinking until they decide to look inside the toilet tank.

Advertisement
Great hire for them. I've always wanted him as the AD to replace Flake. Thoughts?
Home run hire for sure! Funny how a UCF a group of five school cares more about hiring a competent AD and building a winning program then a power five university that’s a 5 time national champion. Smh but we have virtue signaling and wokeness and being “bros” down pat! No one virtue signals and shows theyre woke bros better then Suntan U. With all our favorite Twitter hashtags like #buildingchampions, #TNM, #EbeforetheW and the latest in a long line of crap, #runitback. Sad sorry excuse for a program and clearly doesn’t deserve those national championships won by great men like Jankovic, Howard, jimmy, Dennis and Butch. You have to laugh to keep from crying.

Last edited:
Yes. If not 11-0 every year they peaked. Can say they peaked in basketball as well I guess.

He was well liked and people in the inner circle admired the guy. Multiple text today saying happy for him but huge loss.

obviously 11-0 is perfect, but they haven't been the same since frost left under heuphal. hard to recreate it but they've been insane at finding those poly QBs tho.

Advertisement
Good move for Tennessee, but head scratcher for White.

Why wouldn’t he hold out for a better situation if he’s the hot commodity that he’s supposed to be?

Tennesee will continue to be a shltshow for years, won’t matter who the AD is, and the risk is, the stink will remain on their employees after they leave.

Name someone who has left a profile position at that school in the last 40 years that’s gone on to be successful elsewhere?

Just cause they won’t win a natty in 3 years doesn’t mean it isn’t a great hire. Anyone here that wouldn’t trade Him for loafer boy doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Good move for Tennessee, but head scratcher for White.

Why wouldn’t he hold out for a better situation if he’s the hot commodity that he’s supposed to be?

Tennesee will continue to be a shltshow for years, won’t matter who the AD is, and the risk is, the stink will remain on their employees after they leave.

Name someone who has left a profile position at that school in the last 40 years that’s gone on to be successful elsewhere?
I thought he'd replace his dad at Duke at some point down the road. But with his dad announcing his retirement recently, I'm guessing the timing wasn't right. He probably needed to cut his teeth at a P5 school before taking over Duke.

Solid hire as an AD overall.

Stepped in as AD taking over a UCF program that was leaving the Sloan era going 0 for in 2015. Built them up immediately. But it wasn’t just the football program that was rebuilt under his watch. UCF men’s & women’s b-ball came up under his watch. ****, the UCF men’s team was this close to knocking Zion Williamson’s Duke squad out of the tourney if not for “a couple” of bad calls that gave Duke a breath of life in the waning moments.

It’ll be interesting to see what he does in Knoxville, but if I’m going to be Frank, I like how UTK had their ducks in a row, strategically mapping out this chit before it all came to a head, both in handling Pruitt & his staff & Fulmer.
Hired an absolute stud to lead their baseball program too.

Advertisement
I'll give Tennessee some credit. Their BOT saw that someone dropped a big dookie, and they decided to drain the toilet, scrub it from top to bottom inside and out, and start again clean. Top notch AD to hire new HC.

Miami keeps flushing, but is ignoring the fact that someone left an upper decker and there is a **** in the top part of the toilet. Doesn't matter how many times they flush, it's going to keep stinking until they decide to look inside the toilet tank.

Lol; absolutely love the analogy!

He laid the foundation of the current run of good football and basketball at Buffalo with great hires in Lance Leopold for Football and then Bobby Hurley(Now at ASU) and Nate Oates(Now at Bama) before moving on to UCF.

Dude is well regarded.

Meanwhile; we have a ticket.....nvm. I’m over it.

Advertisement
Meanwhile Miami is stuck with dopey Blake James.

Everyone else is trying to win, Miami is just fine being mediocre.

Tennessee would smoke Miami on the field, IMO

I would have also liked to see his name on the short list of Blake James replacements, but good for him. Likely got a 7 figure deal and there won't be much pressure on him to win for 3 years as they will be crushed by sanctions. Won't be much to look forward to there except for Tennessee Lady Vols basketball.

This. I wanted him here.

Advertisement
Solid hire as an AD overall.

Stepped in as AD taking over a UCF program that was leaving the Sloan era going 0 for in 2015. Built them up immediately. But it wasn’t just the football program that was rebuilt under his watch. UCF men’s & women’s b-ball came up under his watch. ****, the UCF men’s team was this close to knocking Zion Williamson’s Duke squad out of the tourney if not for “a couple” of bad calls that gave Duke a breath of life in the waning moments.

It’ll be interesting to see what he does in Knoxville, but if I’m going to be Frank, I like how UTK had their ducks in a row, strategically mapping out this chit before it all came to a head, both in handling Pruitt & his staff & Fulmer.

They hired Steele who will now likely be fired by the new regime after extending a coach who then went 3-8 despite buying players with massive cash payments in McDonald’s bags.

Lol this dude will finally get cronyism and stupid decisions out of the way in Knoxville and we’re stuck with Blake James.

They hired Steele who will now likely be fired by the new regime after extending a coach who then went 3-8 despite buying players with massive cash payments in McDonald’s bags.

Was this in response that White was a good hire? Or r u saying the mess he’ll have to clean up?

Advertisement
Back