Dan Enos by the Numbers

As u can see, even I fell for the Dan Enos okey-doke. Enos is not half the OC that Bobby Petrino is. Bobby actually did adapt his offense to his personnel. His offense with LJ8 was near unstoppable. Had Petrino stuck to his ways and ran the offense we do now, LJ8 wouldn’t have won the heisman

enos is richt w some motions

Advertisement
Advertisement
U don’t recall there oline last year? They did nothing but lose their top olinemen and bring back the rest of them. Briles has schemed around the oline so they appear to be better than what they are. Enos has failed to do that bc his system requires a good oline to work.

this year. our OL is as bad if not worse than theres.

this year. our OL is as bad if not worse than theres.
I’d like to see our stats compared to their OL stats last year. It’s close.

Regardless, we both have bad olines but Miami happens to have the better QB yet a significantly worse offense. It’s true spread or bust.

I’d like to see our stats compared to their OL stats last year. It’s close.

Regardless, we both have bad olines but Miami happens to have the better QB yet a significantly worse offense. It’s true spread or bust.

we have the better QB, but a trash OL and a trash play caller. Enos is a good QB coach tho (far better than the devils son briles)

Advertisement
we have the better QB, but a trash OL and a trash play caller. Enos is a good QB coach tho (far better than the devils son briles)
I’ll take a far better OC over a far better QB coach 10 times out of 10. Again, FSU has a trash oline too. It’s just not put front and center by their play calling like ours.

I’ll take a far better OC over a far better QB coach 10 times out of 10. Again, FSU has a trash oline too. It’s just not put front and center by their play calling like ours.

agreed on that point about the play calling

I'm sorry, but that crap has been said so often

Kinda like Al Golden and Coach No D at Temple.

Problem is, why are the stats so bad if he's so aggressive? Don't aggressive coaches usually put up better stats? Those are really rather pedestrian numbers for an aggressive coach. If he is using the entire field, does he not know WHEN to use the different parts of it? I mean if he knows how to use the whole field, and the stats are crap, what's the problem? If he makes a defense stressed because they don't know who to cover, why are defenses stopping his offenses at a pretty regular clip? Something doesn't add up.

Now, I hope he kills it here and we see a top 20 O, but anyone who thinks fans will be happy with a top 60 O just because Richt sucked is kidding themselves.
****, I think I will quote my own post.

Advertisement
Lance Roffers’ Analysis

Above is a link to a much more detailed and applicable assessment (and great subsequent discussion) than any presentation of raw counting stats that trend close to meaningless

Edit: Below is the Conclusion from the assessment. I highly recommend reading the entire analysis (and the subsequent discussion). Great work by @Lance Roffers and great questions and critiques posed by CIS posters that led to more quality discussion of the methodologies of the analysis and findings.

Next time..listen to me. You MFers don’t have a clue about football.

Advertisement
Stats just don’t provide enough info to make a sweeeping judgement. ****, idiots in here we’re trying to use stats to tell us that D’no had a top 10 O.

All I know is he had lower tier talent and middle tier results. So I’ll stick with what I said. No reason to get excited either way.

all I know if you don’t need to ever talk football again

Advertisement
Back