Dan Enos by the Numbers

I hear ya', but the stats I put up, for the most part, correlate to offensive success.
Yes. I guess what I mean is that it’s difficult to more than general conclusions from stats alone. A lot of people will use stats to argue one team, or coach, is better than another, without considering why the stat is what it is.

Like looking at passing stats of a defense playing against the patriots with Brady vs a patriot offense without Brady. Or comparing Miami stats vs the 2018 FSU team against Miami stats vs a 2013 FSU team.

The above is simplistic, but just to illustrate that it’s hard to make broad conclusions with stats void of context.

Advertisement
Pretty bad numbers for sure.

It’s worth pointing out that Diaz’s DC numbers went way up once he got to Miami. He had average defenses at Miss St, and some really bad defenses at Texas. At UM he’s killin it.

Enos never had Bama on his resume... people would be rioting at the Hecht.

His track record shows absolutely zilch.
His time at Arkansas completely proves this statement wrong. There's actual film you could watch to disprove this and numbers to back it up, you know?

Advertisement
Bielema was at Arkansas for 5 years. Arkansas was Top 35 in S&P offensive efficiency each of the 3 years that he was there. They fired the HC, and Chad Morris is an offensive coach who runs a completely different system than Enos. As soon as he got fired, he had job offers to work as OC for Harbaugh and to work on Bama's staff.

CMU is definitely a stain. No debating that. Lack of talent was a problem there as well.

Looking at totals is just not the best way to evaluate performance. We can agree to disagree, as I said before.

You still believe in this?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Looking at those numbers is a pointless exercise. There are so many variables that can affect the statistics. You also have to factor in the Jimmies and Joe's. If you don't have them at QB or WR or your O-line, your going to have a tough time no matter what you do.

Put another way. You should not be judged on what you do. You should be judged on what you do with what you have.

Don’t ever talk football on this board again or in life.

Advertisement
Live look at @Tee3000 as he scrolls through this thread:

C047C8C8-04BC-435B-991E-CDAA08B53E99.gif

Advertisement
Dan Enos offensive rankings

Central Michigan

2010: Total Offense = 50, Scoring = 82, Rushing = 108, Passing = 17, 33 sacks given up (ranked 97), 3rd down conv =37% (ranked 81)
2011: Total Offense = 57, Scoring = 92, Rushing = 98, Passing = 25, 17 sacks given up (ranked 37), 3rd down conv =35% (ranked 104)
2012: Total Offense = 63, Scoring = 63, Rushing = 72, Passing = 51, 15 sacks given up (ranked 17), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 72)
2013: Total Offense = 108, Scoring = 95, Rushing = 99, Passing = 84, 31 sacks given up (ranked 99), 3rd down conv =30% (ranked 114)
2014: Total Offense = 67, Scoring = 79, Rushing = 74, Passing = 52, 28 sacks given up (ranked 70), 3rd down conv =43% (ranked 35)

Arkansas
2015: Total Offense = 29, Scoring = 27, Rushing = 34, Passing = 32, 14 sacks given up (ranked 9th), 3rd down conv =46% (ranked 15)
2016: Total Offense = 54, Scoring = 57, Rushing = 78, Passing = 32, 35 sacks given up (ranked 103), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 70)
2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45)

Averages
Total Offense = 65th, Scoring = 69th, Rushing = 78th, Passing = 47th, 26 sacks given up (68th), 3rd down conv =38% (67th)
Careful-people dont like facts on this board!

He's coaching much better talent here than he was at Central Michigan or Arkansas. And even if those numbers don't look too good, they're still better than what we had under Richt.

He is not coaching better Oline talent than he had at Arkansas! This Oline is Pop Warner man and it is the reason his offense is not working!

Advertisement
He is not coaching better Oline talent than he had at Arkansas! This Oline is Pop Warner man and it is the reason his offense is not working!

Arky has just one OL drafted into the NFL during Enos time there. After Enos left..they had one additional nfl draft pick on the OL (2018).

interesting in a few years to take a look back & see if these guys get drafted

Kosi/Jarren = Bobby Petrino at WKU and Ark.
Tate = Bobby Petrino at Louisville with LJ8.

Thats what our offense will look like. A lot of the same plays ran out of a **** load of formations with a ton of pre snap motion.

Edit: I wouldn't look too close into those numbers. None of those teams had near as much talent as Miami does.
As u can see, even I fell for the Dan Enos okey-doke. Enos is not half the OC that Bobby Petrino is. Bobby actually did adapt his offense to his personnel. His offense with LJ8 was near unstoppable. Had Petrino stuck to his ways and ran the offense we do now, LJ8 wouldn’t have won the heisman

Advertisement
Back