Dan Enos by the Numbers

Look at these two neophytes! Absolutely CLUELESS!
Enos can still be a bad OC, literally just saying the stat is useless because it ranks teams like FAU way too highly. I can flip a coin and with 50% success can tell you if an OC is good or bad, doesn't mean it's a good predictive system

Advertisement
Not only is his scheme archaic, his play calling terrible and his feel for the game non existent, but his scheme does not fit SF talent.

For his scheme to work we need a big strong OL, big strong blocking TE that can catch, Big backs that can push the pile and break tackles, and Big physical receivers that can body defenders.

SF is built for spread. We don’t produce the big strong OL talent, we produce hybrid type receiving TEs, Speedy slashing styles backs, long speedy receivers and quick smurf types. All of the above works better in a spread

Last edited:
I don’t mind some of his O but his RPO is brutal. They don’t even do fake hand offs. The QB holds the ball out and the RB doesn’t even touch it. The QB does a fake to the air and then the RB comes in or he pulls and throws. They give the D that extra second to adjust or get up field on the line. It drives me insane. Add in he doesn’t adjust until it’s too late. There hasn’t been a game where I got the feeling we were taking advantage of a teams weakness or game planned strictly for that opponent.

Advertisement
Enos can still be a bad OC, literally just saying the stat is useless because it ranks teams like FAU way too highly. I can flip a coin and with 50% success can tell you if an OC is good or bad, doesn't mean it's a good predictive system

FAU plays against teams equal to their talent level.

Your logic would work for me if FAU played an entire power 5 schedule.

FAU plays against teams equal to their talent level.

Your logic would work for me if FAU played an entire power 5 schedule.

Per total offense, UNC has a top 15 offense, and Washington State has a better offense than Alabama.

Per total offense, UNC has a top 15 offense, and Washington State has a better offense than Alabama.
& your point is what? You think I don’t know OU, LSU, & Clemson are 1,2,&3 in total offense?

Only Texas Tech in the top 15 of total offense has a losing record.

Advertisement
I took the time to watch a bunch of Arkansas 2015 and 2016 highlights. Me Personally I don’t know how much he had to do with bama in 2018 so I avoided that.

There’s a YouTube vid of the game against auburn in 2015. It’s a good watch. Allen is nothing special physically but Enos mixed it up pretty well. Their oline is better than ours and Alex Collins was good as well their tight end duo being pretty special. But I think our skill players and tight ends as a whole can make up for the deficiencies our line creates compared to them. Enos has some creative stuff going on. I was impressed tbh. 85% under center tho so take that as you will. Lots of two tight end and full back looks. Motioning both tight ends a lot.

Now when 2016 came it was a tad different. Austin was not as good and Collins was gone. The offense was noticeably worse but still good. Still creative ways to get the tight ends the ball and some creative screens and sweeps.

All in all it’ll be much better than Richt. I hope Enos employs his strategies used in 2015 with a more modern flare like using the shotgun more in addition to things he may have picked up at bama in 2018. Our tight ends will allow him some serious flexibility

please enlighten us.

Yeah that didn’t age well. I’ll take my crow medium rare

Me too.

I was hoping he was more flexible.

His offense works best with upperclassmen quarterbacks, same as Richt’s.

The reads he wants made are difficult for young guys to master, especially when they are seeing ghosts constantly because of the ridiculous amounts of pressure.

Dan Enos offensive rankings

Central Michigan

2010: Total Offense = 50, Scoring = 82, Rushing = 108, Passing = 17, 33 sacks given up (ranked 97), 3rd down conv =37% (ranked 81)
2011: Total Offense = 57, Scoring = 92, Rushing = 98, Passing = 25, 17 sacks given up (ranked 37), 3rd down conv =35% (ranked 104)
2012: Total Offense = 63, Scoring = 63, Rushing = 72, Passing = 51, 15 sacks given up (ranked 17), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 72)
2013: Total Offense = 108, Scoring = 95, Rushing = 99, Passing = 84, 31 sacks given up (ranked 99), 3rd down conv =30% (ranked 114)
2014: Total Offense = 67, Scoring = 79, Rushing = 74, Passing = 52, 28 sacks given up (ranked 70), 3rd down conv =43% (ranked 35)

Arkansas
2015: Total Offense = 29, Scoring = 27, Rushing = 34, Passing = 32, 14 sacks given up (ranked 9th), 3rd down conv =46% (ranked 15)
2016: Total Offense = 54, Scoring = 57, Rushing = 78, Passing = 32, 35 sacks given up (ranked 103), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 70)
2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45)

Averages
Total Offense = 65th, Scoring = 69th, Rushing = 78th, Passing = 47th, 26 sacks given up (68th), 3rd down conv =38% (67th)
Looking at these rankings. Besides an AOL, O see what he wants to do (not scapegoating hin)..... but.... without the SEC excuse. What made him decent at Arkansas... by film.... what makes him successful?

Advertisement
Dan Enos offensive rankings

Central Michigan

2010: Total Offense = 50, Scoring = 82, Rushing = 108, Passing = 17, 33 sacks given up (ranked 97), 3rd down conv =37% (ranked 81)
2011: Total Offense = 57, Scoring = 92, Rushing = 98, Passing = 25, 17 sacks given up (ranked 37), 3rd down conv =35% (ranked 104)
2012: Total Offense = 63, Scoring = 63, Rushing = 72, Passing = 51, 15 sacks given up (ranked 17), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 72)
2013: Total Offense = 108, Scoring = 95, Rushing = 99, Passing = 84, 31 sacks given up (ranked 99), 3rd down conv =30% (ranked 114)
2014: Total Offense = 67, Scoring = 79, Rushing = 74, Passing = 52, 28 sacks given up (ranked 70), 3rd down conv =43% (ranked 35)

Arkansas
2015: Total Offense = 29, Scoring = 27, Rushing = 34, Passing = 32, 14 sacks given up (ranked 9th), 3rd down conv =46% (ranked 15)
2016: Total Offense = 54, Scoring = 57, Rushing = 78, Passing = 32, 35 sacks given up (ranked 103), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 70)
2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45)

Averages
Total Offense = 65th, Scoring = 69th, Rushing = 78th, Passing = 47th, 26 sacks given up (68th), 3rd down conv =38% (67th)

Every time I look at this post I get so mad at myself for ignoring the obvious. I was blinded by Bama and the QBs in the Bama room

SP+ actually ranked Enos’ 2015 offense as the best in the nation.

With that being said, Enos has sucked at Miami. That’s all I really care about.

Advertisement
Is he gone yet? Man, was I ever wrong about the pre-season Enos possibilities? Didn't know he was this F'ing stubborn. I hate dude now like I hated Mark Whipple.

He was so arrogant & stubborn too. After the UF game, he was so matter of fact.

Never forget this is the same guy that left the CMU HC job to be a coordinator at a Power 5 school.

Looking at these rankings. Besides an AOL, O see what he wants to do (not scapegoating hin)..... but.... without the SEC excuse. What made him decent at Arkansas... by film.... what makes him successful?

For me, the numbers shown that once his offense has been truly scouted for a year, he gets worse & the offense becomes easier to stop.

The numbers should always improve & if you’re already a highly ranked offense then it should remain the in the ball park or what you truly are.

Advertisement
Back