Dalvin Cook note

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
From my basketball story earlier tonight

**Burnett commented on his brother, Dalvin Cook, who is a top football recruit at Miami Central. Cook recently switched his commitment from Clemson to Florida, but Miami is still in the mix.

“I’m with Dalvin everyday and I’m trying to convince him. He still has another year so I’m gonna make sure this Florida thing isn’t a sure thing. I’m gonna have him on campus a lot, so hopefully these guys can convince him.”

Advertisement
If he doesn't switch with everything that is in play here then I would respect him alot more if he just came out and said he hated UM. I am SO tired of recruits choosing another school and then saying, "Oh, but I will always love UM and I will always be their #1 fan!" blah blah. (Patrick Peterson, Avery Johnson, and Sony are some recruits that immediately pop in my head who said this. There are definitely plenty more.) What kind of a$$ backwards crap is that? I will wish ALL the bad luck in the world to MT6 but at least he was honest. He hated us. We never had a shot.

Lets hope the hometown pressure will be too much to overcome. God knows there will be a TON of it over the next 9 months for this kid. If he still chooses FLA, then all the rumors were true about him just not wanting to play with Yearby anymore IMO.

Advertisement
Jassid82;1493503[B said:
]If he doesn't switch with everything that is in play here then I would respect him alot more if he just came out and said he hated UM[/B]. I am SO tired of recruits choosing another school and then saying, "Oh, but I will always love UM and I will always be their #1 fan!" blah blah. (Patrick Peterson, Avery Johnson, and Sony are some recruits that immediately pop in my head who said this. There are definitely plenty more.) What kind of a$$ backwards crap is that? I will wish ALL the bad luck in the world to MT6 but at least he was honest. He hated us. We never had a shot.

Lets hope the hometown pressure will be too much to overcome. God knows there will be a TON of it over the next 9 months for this kid. If he still chooses FLA, then all the rumors were true about him just not wanting to play with Yearby anymore IMO.

Those kids dont hate UM they just feel another place is a better situation for them. Just like when Miami gets an out of state recruit. I think it would be pretty classless for a kid to come out and say they hated UM

Last edited:
If he doesn't switch with everything that is in play here then I would respect him alot more if he just came out and said he hated UM. I am SO tired of recruits choosing another school and then saying, "Oh, but I will always love UM and I will always be their #1 fan!" blah blah. (Patrick Peterson, Avery Johnson, and Sony are some recruits that immediately pop in my head who said this. There are definitely plenty more.) What kind of a$$ backwards crap is that? I will wish ALL the bad luck in the world to MT6 but at least he was honest. He hated us. We never had a shot.

Step away from the ledge dude. Sometimes kids want to go away for college, doesn't mean they hate anyone. And gove me a break wishing ill will on 17-18 year old kids because they don't choose your school, give me a break.

Advertisement
“He still has another year so I’m gonna make sure this Florida thing isn’t a sure thing.”

5.gif

Lol. Alot of softies around here this morning i see. Calm down. You make it seem like I said I wanted the dude to die in a car accident or his mom catch aids. I just said Im not wishing him any luck. FOOTBALL wise. Besides MT6 $hitted on us so why should we hope he becomes a top 5 NFL pick and spends the next 3-4 years whippin the **** out of us? Smh. If thats how you feel then fine. Not me.

And I didnt say these kids hate UM. I said i wish they would say that INSTEAD of playing for UF or LSU and saying they will always be fans of us meanwhile they are beating the **** out of us up and down the field like Ali Highsmith and Dwayne Bowe did in the 05' Peach bowl. If you guys enjoy watching kids from our backyard go to other schools and become stars then to each his own. Not gonna knock you for that.

**Burnett commented on his brother, Dalvin Cook, who is a top football recruit at Miami Central. Cook recently switched his commitment from Clemson to Florida, but Miami is still in the mix.

“I’m with Dalvin everyday and I’m trying to convince him. He still has another year so I’m gonna make sure this Florida thing isn’t a sure thing. I’m gonna have him on campus a lot, so hopefully these guys can convince him.

Dude basically said, If he doesnt end up at UM golden and the boys drop the ball. They will have every opportunity afforded to them by having a family member make sure he is on campus a ton. Cot dammit get this sh** done

Advertisement

“I’m with Dalvin everyday and I’m trying to convince him. He still has another year so I’m gonna make sure this Florida thing isn’t a sure thing. I’m gonna have him on campus a lot, so hopefully these guys can convince him.

Dude basically said, If he doesnt end up at UM golden and the boys drop the ball. They will have every opportunity afforded to them by having a family member make sure he is on campus a ton. Cot dammit get this sh** done

Reading really deep between the lines here

A kids decision is a kid's decision. Sometimes he has absolutely nothing to do with what a coach can say. We all know that he hasn't closed his recruitment down so its definitely a possibility but if he doesn't flip, that isn't necessarily indicative of the coaches not doing their job. Again it would be magnificent to have him but he doesn't make or break this 2014 class.

So how many more times are we gonna lose out on TOP TALENT in OUR OWN BACKYARD before we start seeing how it is gonna affect us on the field? You cant keep losing Dalvin Cooks, Sony Michels, MT6s, etc. of the world and expect to beat the likes of FLA on Sept 7th. You need talent to become a player or we will be leaving Sun Life stadium walking back to our cars watching those hick mofos spittin tobacco all over our field and drinkin beers in our lot thankin us for the hospitality. And saying how we would be on the same level of Vanderbilt if we played in the SEC. Smh.

(God please let us win that game. PLEASE. As a 30 year season ticket holder that is all I ask.)

I am not panicking and I know we have a great chance to finally make that push this year but lets not forget we got absolutely destroyed on national TV twice last year. Notre Dame made us look like a JV squad and ALA made ND look like a scout team. So what does that say about how far we are frm contending with the likes of ALA? I know we cant make these kids come but at some point we have to hit on some. Esp at DT.

Advertisement
Jassid82;1493567[B said:
]So how many more times are we gonna lose out on TOP TALENT in OUR OWN BACKYARD before we start seeing how it is gonna affect us on the field?[/B] You cant keep losing Dalvin Cooks, Sony Michels, MT6s, etc. of the world and expect to beat the likes of FLA on Sept 7th. You need talent to become a player or we will be leaving Sun Life stadium walking back to our cars watching those hick mofos spittin tobacco all over our field and drinkin beers in our lot thankin us for the hospitality. And saying how we would be on the same level of Vanderbilt if we played in the SEC. Smh.

(God please let us win that game. PLEASE. As a 30 year season ticket holder that is all I ask.)

I am not panicking and I know we have a great chance to finally make that push this year but lets not forget we got absolutely destroyed on national TV twice last year. Notre Dame made us look like a JV squad and ALA made ND look like a scout team. So what does that say about how far we are frm contending with the likes of ALA? I know we cant make these kids come but at some point we have to hit on some. Esp at DT.

We've been watching what happens for 10 years.

Come on JhallCanes. You one of the few cats on here I actually respect..Tell me im not overracting bro..2 of the top 3 players in the state are in our backyard both are committed to SEC schools and a third is 50/50. Duke will be junior next year. We cant depend on him forever. I just foresee a bad trend if we strike out again like we did last year on NSD. And im a big fan of Al. But hes gotta make it happen this year. I gave him a HUGE pass last year. I cant be as forgiving if we lose out on Lane/Cook/Sony/ and Clark. We have to get 2 out of 4in that group at least.

So how many more times are we gonna lose out on TOP TALENT in OUR OWN BACKYARD before we start seeing how it is gonna affect us on the field? You cant keep losing Dalvin Cooks, Sony Michels, MT6s, etc. of the world and expect to beat the likes of FLA on Sept 7th. You need talent to become a player or we will be leaving Sun Life stadium walking back to our cars watching those hick mofos spittin tobacco all over our field and drinkin beers in our lot thankin us for the hospitality. And saying how we would be on the same level of Vanderbilt if we played in the SEC. Smh.

hoping and praying for a W is good.

getting as many rowdy Canes as you possibly can to the game is even better.

and if you knock out some gaytors in the parking lot, the best.

Jassid82;1493573I cant be as forgiving if we lose out on Lane/Cook/Sony/ and Clark. We have to get 2 out of 4in that group at least.[/QUOTE said:
how come you didn't mention Yearby or the best OT from South Florida, Kc?

Advertisement
Back