Dalvin Cook note

Advertisement
For the first time in a long time I honestly think we're able to turn the corner and get back to our old winning ways. If the NCAA will go ahead and complete their inevitable mea maxima culpa and we light up the score board and the win column, recruits will indeed come.

IF WE WIN THEY WILL COME :stormwarning:

Pete do you think you could get an interview with Dalvin's father grandmother or mentor?

His grandmother would be the best person because she is his legal guardian. His father just got in the picture not too long ago
Did not know that but it makes a lot of sense.

Hmm just got in the picture huh

This kind of thing always makes me suspicious. As soon as a kid looks like he might be worth some money the father jumps back in the picture.

We could land 19 of the Top 20 players in the state and this board would be ****ing that we didn't get the 1. NAture of the beast, especially 8 months from signing day.

If that one player is Patrick Peterson or a Ray Lewis or whoever its means alot. If that one player is a sure fire thing than u have to land him especially if hew live 4 seconds away. Different if its an OOS guy. The Collins,JB,KB miss will be big this year IMO.

For the love of God, no defensive tackle makes an impact their freshmen year, only one on that list is perhaps Collins, and when you consider the manner in which he allowed his situation to go down, he has shown that he might not have the mental makeup to be an impact. Any defensive tackle recruit does not make an impact until their 3rd year, only a very few make an impact their 2nd year, and none come to mind right now. That is a historical fact. Now you want to say that it might be big, and again might cus you cannot know how a DT turns out, in a couple of years, than fine that has logic and facts behind it, but not their freshmen year.

In other news, I can tell you the Cook story has legs to it. Just need this NCAA bull**** to finally come to a conclusion and win like the coaches expect to and the rest will take care of itself. Trust me, anything less than 10 wins will be considered a failure by them.

Pete do you think you could get an interview with Dalvin's father grandmother or mentor?

His grandmother would be the best person because she is his legal guardian. His father just got in the picture not too long ago

This kind of thing always makes me suspicious. As soon as a kid looks like he might be worth some money the father jumps back in the picture.

9.jpg

Advertisement
We could land 19 of the Top 20 players in the state and this board would be ****ing that we didn't get the 1. NAture of the beast, especially 8 months from signing day.

If that one player is Patrick Peterson or a Ray Lewis or whoever its means alot. If that one player is a sure fire thing than u have to land him especially if hew live 4 seconds away. Different if its an OOS guy. The Collins,JB,KB miss will be big this year IMO.

For the love of God, no defensive tackle makes an impact their freshmen year, only one on that list is perhaps Collins, and when you consider the manner in which he allowed his situation to go down, he has shown that he might not have the mental makeup to be an impact. Any defensive tackle recruit does not make an impact until their 3rd year, only a very few make an impact their 2nd year, and none come to mind right now. That is a historical fact. Now you want to say that it might be big, and again might cus you cannot know how a DT turns out, in a couple of years, than fine that has logic and facts behind it, but not their freshmen year.

In other news, I can tell you the Cook story has legs to it. Just need this NCAA bull**** to finally come to a conclusion and win like the coaches expect to and the rest will take care of itself. Trust me, anything less than 10 wins will be considered a failure by them.

I understand that its rare that a FR DT can make a quick impact. My thoughts are mostly down the road it hurts if u do not get your plan A kids at DT, so later on losing those guys were big IMO. Maybe he (KB)turns out to be garbage but we shall see, we need to get our plan A DT's not scrambling last minute thats a Randy method and it got us no where fast. Dukes class was awesome and we were suppose to build afterward with a top notch class, one thing that I was upset about was the 08 class was followed by weak classes and we could never sustain those first bricks of that building process. That last class IMO was not as good as the previous class because there were alot of misses on big time talent we thought we had locked up. Hopefully this next class is elite and the staff is able to keep kids home like Cook and other SUPERSTARS.

Hence the $EC rumors

we're missing on a much higher percentage than 1 out of 20 top south Florida kids

bunch of god**** traitors in this neck of the woods

I was just making a point that fans are never gonna be happy, my man. We are greedy. We remember the misses much more vividly than the hits.

we're missing on a much higher percentage than 1 out of 20 top south Florida kids

I was just making a point that fans are never gonna be happy, my man. We are greedy. We remember the misses much more vividly than the hits.

Theres been alot of BIG misses. Not just small misses huge misses,

Advertisement

We are under the microscope right now due to Shapiro... Some people try to say "He just wants to get away for school" or whatever, but some of these kids are getting paid. It's been happening since the beginning and it always will happen. I am not implying Cook is getting paid, just responding to your comment in general because I think that is a huge reason we are missing out on some of these kids. When you don't have money the only way to bring them in is, WIN.

People here that keep harping on this are really ignorant to our circumstances. Golden has done a better job than almost anyone else could.

Maybe Saban could've landed Matt Thomas off name alone. But maybe not.

Golden has been fantastic recruiting. A few kids wanting to get out and see some other places is their decision. Golden sells the program intelligently and passionately.

People here that keep harping on this are really ignorant to our circumstances. Golden has done a better job than almost anyone else could.

Golden has been fantastic recruiting. A few kids wanting to get out and see some other places is their decision. Golden sells the program intelligently and passionately.

Stop paying attention to fake Canes fans posing as Canes fans, and you'll be much better off. These guys are subversive turds trying to ruin this site.

Meh..Maybe more like chicken littles, Franch. Lol. If you want to put me in that category then fine. But ive been following recruiting since the days of JJ pulling the coveted A-B-C trio. (Armstead-Barrow-Copeland back in 1989) and ive seen what can happen when you start missing on top guys numerous years in a row. That was Dennis's downfall. Too many misses. And we all put our heads in the sand thinking everything would turn out okay. (We should have known better after the 1993 recruiting fiasco. Smh. That set us back years.) We see how that turned out. Dennis left Butch with nothing.

I gave Al a pass last year. He got screwed. Nothing he can do about that. Guys told him they were coming and flat out lied. We cannot afford to have another NSD fiasco because this class will be the one to replace Duke and company. Not panicking just yet but like James Brown says, "We gotta get it on the good foot, good God!" Lol!

Advertisement

Stop paying attention to fake Canes fans posing as Canes fans, and you'll be much better off. These guys are subversive turds trying to ruin this site.

Sometimes these opinions are how people really feel, just because u say some thing negative doesn't make u less of a fan then the next guy. Until we win big there will always something to look at as to why we aren't winning and it boils down to recruiting. This is the dumbest thing with today's fan base. You can criticize presidents and other things but God help me if I criticize the team I root for who hasn't won in years. If I was like Nights and always have something bad today then that's different but there's good things about this staff, but they have to recruit well and win at the end of the day and that's every coach and school. The best team in the country right now has the best recruiter and CFB boils down to how good your coach can recruit. Theres alot of fans that are negative and bring up good points that u have to look into period, this site is for discussing football both positives and negatives.

Meh..Maybe more like chicken littles, Franch. Lol. If you want to put me in that category then fine. But ive been following recruiting since the days of JJ pulling the coveted A-B-C trio. (Armstead-Barrow-Copeland back in 1989) and ive seen what can happen when you start missing on top guys numerous years in a row. That was Dennis's downfall. Too many misses. And we all put our heads in the sand thinking everything would turn out okay. (We should have known better after the 1993 recruiting fiasco. Smh. That set us back years.) We see how that turned out. Dennis left Butch with nothing.

I gave Al a pass last year. He got screwed. Nothing he can do about that. Guys told him they were coming and flat out lied. We cannot afford to have another NSD fiasco because this class will be the one to replace Duke and company. Not panicking just yet but like James Brown says, "We gotta get it on the good foot, good God!" Lol!

Agree I always thought it would take AG 5 years to start winning big. Not that 3 year **** everyone thought it would take, reason being because of the NCAA cloud is what set us back.

The NCAA bs is hurting the program allot more than people think. To rebuild is hard enough, to rebuild under that is crazy.

Randy S. brought in a #1 recruiting class...soak that in.. #1 class in the nation..but he ended up being the final straw that drove this program to the ground!

So stop pretending this is 1993 or 1984 or whatever else... its 2013, times have changed, since then Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia have planted roots down here by hiring local coaches. As other schools are able to spend $$$$$$$ to get recruits we can't because we are under a huge scope.

I dont' know how many different ways this current situation has to be explained to people like you but I dont' care if you followed recruiting back to Jesus days, its 2013 and its completely different ball game.

High school coaches came out and said the NCAA thing is hurting Miami with allot of recruits. Right now you have freshman in high school being told by other coaches Miami is going shut down, that freshman kid grows up not really caring too much about Miami.. its a cycle. Once this is over, it will take a bit longer before we can "lock down" south florida.

Golden is doing the most important thing..prepping the team to win games.. if we wint loads of games and beat FSU and UF in the same season. believe that those missed targets will come around.

PLEASE... PLEASE stop with the " i gave Al a pass" bs ... Al gave Miami a pass after he got shoved in to this situation.

Advertisement

The NCAA bs is hurting the program allot more than people think. To rebuild is hard enough, to rebuild under that is crazy.

Randy S. brought in a #1 recruiting class...soak that in.. #1 class in the nation..but he ended up being the final straw that drove this program to the ground!

So stop pretending this is 1993 or 1984 or whatever else... its 2013, times have changed, since then Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia have planted roots down here by hiring local coaches. As other schools are able to spend $$$$$$$ to get recruits we can't because we are under a huge scope.

I dont' know how many different ways this current situation has to be explained to people like you but I dont' care if you followed recruiting back to Jesus days, its 2013 and its completely different ball game.

High school coaches came out and said the NCAA thing is hurting Miami with allot of recruits. Right now you have freshman in high school being told by other coaches Miami is going shut down, that freshman kid grows up not really caring too much about Miami.. its a cycle. Once this is over, it will take a bit longer before we can "lock down" south florida.

Golden is doing the most important thing..prepping the team to win games.. if we wint loads of games and beat FSU and UF in the same season. believe that those missed targets will come around.

PLEASE... PLEASE stop with the " i gave Al a pass" bs ... Al gave Miami a pass after he got shoved in to this situation.

Thank you. LULZ at these dudes giving one of the top 5 recruiters in all of college football a "pass" for all of his "misses". Bunch of miserable burnouts. They're going to brush this gargantuan ncaa black cloud under the rug like it's not tied both of The Don's hands behind his back. Equating Alshermond to Pink Errickson? Double LULZ. Clueless mopery for the sake of moping on here.

Had his teacher from High School in my cigar shop last night and we where talking about these guys. She said expect him to surprise everyone and follow his old HS coach to USF and that Smith will end up in South Carolina with his sister. Yearby she didn't shine any new light on him just what we all know that he is a cane as long as Coley is here.

Lol. Okay you cats are taking the word "pass" out of context. Who am I? Just a fan. Just like everyone else. What I mean by "pass" is that I didnt care either way. I wasnt that enamored with MT6 as others were here. Check my record. Im on record saying that he wasnt better or more hyped then WW when he came out of HS. So I didnt care bout that. Hes still a traitor in my eyes tho cuz of how he went about out. AC and KB were whatever. But im not gonna sit here like we all did back in 91-94' after we missed terribly on many players PRE PROBATION and think that the same scenario can happen and everything will "work its self out".

At the end of the day, uma be a fan and get my season tickets whether we are 2-9 or 11-0. But I would much rather it be the latter sometime this decade. Lol! Can hate me for that.

Lol. Okay you cats are taking the word "pass" out of context. Who am I? Just a fan. Just like everyone else. What I mean by "pass" is that I didnt care either way. I wasnt that enamored with MT6 as others were here. Check my record. Im on record saying that he wasnt better or more hyped then WW when he came out of HS. So I didnt care bout that. Hes still a traitor in my eyes tho cuz of how he went about out. AC and KB were whatever. But im not gonna sit here like we all did back in 91-94' after we missed terribly on many players PRE PROBATION and think that the same scenario can happen and everything will "work its self out".

At the end of the day, uma be a fan and get my season tickets whether we are 2-9 or 11-0. But I would much rather it be the latter sometime this decade. Lol! Can hate me for that.

here is the thing you should of known being a college football fan for this long

no team.. EVER stays on top forever... no matter if your back yard is full of talent (Miami) or your entire school is based around the football program, your alumni pay recruits to get them on board and an NCAA investigation in to it is useless because nobody will talk (some SEC schools)

Once again.. RS got a #1 class, what did that do for us? F the rankings, F the stars..we will always miss out on Top recruits regardless who is our coach, who we are paying or how many games we win.

Last year we missed on
MT (who was NEVER going to come to miami)
Alex Collins (a ***** of a man who lied to his own blood for a fat coach)
Keith Bryant (a Lazy fat *** who made up his mind about going to FSU because he played video games with Jimbos son)
Jaynard Bostwick (Florida made a better push and this was a close one and we lost simple as that)

yeah we missed on a few just like every other school.

You want to always have a team taht recruit high and wins all the time? just switch up to the team thats winning the most every year.

Advertisement
Back