Dalvin Cook: Meeting With Golden Helped Miami (Rivals)

@CEN_Rockets Dalvin Cook "We (Joseph Yearby) are like best friends, like brothers."
9:41pm - 2 Dec 13

This whole "they don't like each other" thing was bull**** from the begining

Advertisement
@CEN_Rockets Dalvin Cook "We (Joseph Yearby) are like best friends, like brothers."

Don't remember hearing anyone say they didn't like each other, just that they didn't want to share the backfield in college... Hope it's bull**** though. Gotta share it with someone, why not your brother..

People try to compare MT's want to leave town last year to Cook this year, but we have a lot more working in our favor with Cook:

1. No more looming NCAA sanctions
2. Yearby (his best friend) and Darling in his ear
3. Roland Smith is very pro Miami and pro Golden
4. He's taking his last official visit to the U!

I like our chances!

I have heard nothing of the sort here on the boards. They are buddies in the sense they are football/HS classmates. I was always under the impression that they were not best buds.

SFHS Sports @SFHSSports
Follow
9:41 PM - 2 Dec 2013

SFHS Sports @SFHSSports
Follow
Audio Rewind: Dalvin Cook - Central RB
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/?p=5448
3:14 PM - 3 Dec 2013

Advertisement
This class has the potential to be the best in the country if we land Cook and some of the other remaining targets.

No.

You guys say this every year. Last year was the best ever as well and the year before.

I don't think anyone said that last year.

I think people are saying this class looks elite.

no one said that **** last year.

They did but w/e its still not the best class this year.

People said IF WE CLOSE it would be GOAT which was still wrong but whatever, its the time of year.

As for this class, IF we close strong with half these big time targets even (Jackson, Cook, Michel, Lane, Pelon, C. Johnson, Hester) then it is undoubtedly the best class in the country...or at least, one that I would not trade for anybody else's. We recruited the lines big time, brought in a big time QB, nice athletes at every level...what's to not like about it?

People try to compare MT's want to leave town last year to Cook this year, but we have a lot more working in our favor with Cook:

1. No more looming NCAA sanctions
2. Yearby (his best friend) and Darling in his ear
3. Roland Smith is very pro Miami and pro Golden
4. He's taking his last official visit to the U!

I like our chances!

I have heard nothing of the sort here on the boards. They are buddies in the sense they are football/HS classmates. I was always under the impression that they were not best buds.

SFHS Sports @SFHSSports
Follow
9:41 PM - 2 Dec 2013

SFHS Sports @SFHSSports
Follow
Audio Rewind: Dalvin Cook - Central RB
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/?p=5448
3:14 PM - 3 Dec 2013

Doesn't say much - if he wasn't best friends, do you really think he'd broadcast that across twitter or in an interview? cmon. Never said they never liked each other. There have been enough "insiders" on this board who have confirmed that while friendly with each other, they are not the best of buds everyone makes them out to be. Let's let the poster from Central chime in on this.

No.

You guys say this every year. Last year was the best ever as well and the year before.

People said IF WE CLOSE it would be GOAT which was still wrong but whatever, its the time of year.

As for this class, IF we close strong with half these big time targets even (Jackson, Cook, Michel, Lane, Pelon, C. Johnson, Hester) then it is undoubtedly the best class in the country...or at least, one that I would not trade for anybody else's. We recruited the lines big time, brought in a big time QB, nice athletes at every level...what's to not like about it?

Look at Bama's or LSU's.

Advertisement
Doesn't say much - if he wasn't best friends, do you really think he'd broadcast that across twitter or in an interview? cmon. Never said they never liked each other. There have been enough "insiders" on this board who have confirmed that while friendly with each other, they are not the best of buds everyone makes them out to be. Let's let the poster from Central chime in on this.

There weren't any insiders that said they aren't close, because if they did then they are not real insiders. It was internet people from afar saying it because they were trying to justify and understand why they wouldn't want to plat together after (I think it was Tito) posted that rumor those two would not play at the same college. Even that stuff had absolutely nothing to do with how close they were.

Look at Bama's or LSU's.

Bama is always good, but along the lines we actually compare just fine with them in this class, with more potentially coming in, and at the skill positions another big time running back sets us off. Most of the guys on that list, if not all of them, I had are 'Bama level players and it is hard to fathom we would strike out with all of them.

There weren't any insiders that said they aren't close, because if they did then they are not real insiders. It was internet people from afar saying it because they were trying to justify and understand why they wouldn't want to plat together after (I think it was Tito) posted that rumor those two would not play at the same college. Even that stuff had absolutely nothing to do with how close they were.

I'm sure they are close but there's varying degrees of it. I put more stock into what CentralRockets poster said about them that they do not have a big interest in continuing to play together. Period. If he was lying or exaggerating, so be it, but I'd trust that dude since he appears to be much closer to the team than anyone else here (it seems).

Advertisement
Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1703811 said:
Golden needs to just *** up cooks grandma and we got this

Boss puts in big work.

if anyone that's goo with computers can photshop golden, hurlie, coley, and carrol on this it would be classic

from R to L: hurlie, golden, carrol, and coley LOL

Not great but hope it works.

60.jpg

Love it hahaha

Advertisement
Back