Daily CanesInSight Podcast

I like the idea of having some HS coaches on as well. Would be a good to hear about their relationship with UM and our coaches (and other schools coaches) along with perspective on the local talent scene. Coach Macho would obviously be the first call

Advertisement
This is going to be a big year of new, free content on the site. Among other things, we’re starting up a daily Canes podcast, live from a studio.

We want your feedback on what you’d want from the show. Ideal time? Length? Any segments or features you want to see?

We’re planning to do the show live with a chat, so the community will be a big part of it.
Daily - 20 to 30 minutes. Similar to Locked on Canes.

Some investigative pieces getting to the bottom of CIS stories.

Throwing ideas out there but maybe finding out who DSJ was, interview Deejay and his ace, interview the Bear that got DBC or the other Danny Rivera who still owes child support...
Call it throwback Thursday

You could be right.
Thinking about it, not really sure how much breaking news there will be for a 15 minute podcast every day. Unless they have guests on the show, that’s a lot of time for new info.

Guests should be coaches, players, former canes. Coaches can include current local high school coaches.

With all respect, if it’s just Pete and D$ doing small talk that doesn’t sound very interesting
I mean you can also do a rundown around college football and how it impacts Miami. Doesn't have to be purely 100% Miami News all the time. Guess depends if they mean Sunday-Monday by daily or just the m-f.

Like on a Sunday/Monday you'd give the rundown on Miamis game and injuries and all that about the actual performance and team, Tuesday rundown on CFB as whole and how Miami stacks up - talent/O success/D success etc, Wednesday can be a recruiting/Bank update day, Thursday can be a day about telling past stories/interviewing people, Friday is next game preview - can also interview opponents media..

Also can straight up just use this website to see what people are talking about and run a segment about it- like hey someone just started a thread about how jimmy Johnson is greatest coach ever, let's run a 8min segment on it. Someone has a thread about Adidas ultra boosts, lets do 5 mins talking about our apparel history/current situation....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Time of day won’t really matter as long as it’s available as a recording later.

15-30 minutes I think is optimum unless you’ve got breaking news.

Will it be football only?

Every day might be overkill except maybe during spring/fall camp.

Advertisement
I like it. Please teach Pete to talk into the microphone (not flaming).

@DMoney Coincidentally, I was going to post that I would appreciate like a weekly review of Canes news. I find it a little hard to keep up with recruiting, transfer portal, and actual substantive Canes football discussion. If I'm not on the site very regularly, it's hard to keep up. This isn't like the Bank but a summary of what happened any given week.

There's already Locked On Canes so would do whatever they're not doing. Maybe more in-depth football analysis.

Advertisement
I doubt there will be enough new/interesting things to discuss about the Canes every day. As mentioned in here already, twice a week tops.

That’s huge dude
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Recruiting, current news, future possibilities on many subjects, show guests, etc.
I just wanted to call everyone ***** if I’m being honest

One thing I don’t understand about Mario necessarily is this day and age information is gonna get out. It’s 2024 ffs. So why not be more proactive about controlling what gets out rather than being combative about it? I dunno. Yelling at the ocean I know….

We’ve got the Bank and the ATM..Can we get a regular copy of “The Work” for old times sake..lets go Lil Petey

This is going to be a big year of new, free content on the site. Among other things, we’re starting up a daily Canes podcast, live from a studio.

We want your feedback on what you’d want from the show. Ideal time? Length? Any segments or features you want to see?

We’re planning to do the show live with a chat, so the community will be a big part of it.
If it’s daily, id recommend keeping it 30-45 minutes max, or you’ll burn yourselves out. Dont commit to daily if you can’t do it, and honestly, there’s probably not enough content to justify it over a M-W-F lineup (JMO). Anytime a show reduces its content load after launch (or re-launch) it feels like it’s dying, even if it isn’t.

In short, don’t commit yourselves to more than UM can commit to you.

Community involvement is good, possibly great, but “normies” who are on the show need to not suck and suffocate the room. Thats on “us”, not on the hosts, accept to get them off the show asap if they blow chunks.

No Tejada.

Advertisement
Back