Daily CanesInSight Podcast

My advice is don’t do a daily podcast , twice a week and whenever there is big news would be best.
This was my thought as well... daily is A LOT of work, especially if you are making a leap from the current cadence. I also think that content will be difficult for daily podcast especially during parts of the year when there is not much going on.

Personally I would much rather one or two episodes that are packed with information than 7 episodes that each have some information and then tons of filler. I am sure there are some fans that will listen daily, but I am guessing there are going to be more in the bucket like me who can't keep up with that and would prefer to listen to one to two episodes a week. If it is daily, I am probably not going to listen to any of the episodes as unless you are repeating yourself everyday (and therefore probably turning off the daily listeners), I am going to feel like I am missing out on info.

Anyway - I know that I certainly don't represent every fan, but as USNAVY said I think 2 times a week with occasional 'emergency' podcasts when something big happens or maybe daily podcast during camp/around signing day would make the most sense both for your time and for engagement of listeners.

Advertisement
Daily seems like overkill. At least right now while nothing is going on. Maybe do daily once spring ball starts or fall ball. I think a bi-weekly (twice a week, scheduled podcast with community involvement is the move) podcast for 45-60 minutes is perfect.

I think 15-25min if daily. But I also agree with @USNAVYCANE that daily might be overkill. Less than 5 times a week should be better, for avoiding pointless off-season conversation that could lead to disinterest. Personally, as a die hard college and Cane fan, i listen to Locked on Canes daily podcast every day on my way to work. Would make better sense to start an idea like this with a "CIS User Poll" of how often people here listen to football/cane related podcasts in a week.

This is going to be a big year of new, free content on the site. Among other things, we’re starting up a daily Canes podcast, live from a studio.

We want your feedback on what you’d want from the show. Ideal time? Length? Any segments or features you want to see?

We’re planning to do the show live with a chat, so the community will be a big part of it.
Sounds great D$. Let me think about this for a bit and I'm sure that I will come up with some really interesting ideas.

In terms of the CIS community being a big part of these new features/segments, maybe you could do something where once a week or so you can have a different poster from here on the show to discuss various topics.

Not necessarily daily segments but would love to see:
-more interviews with former canes players (break down their time at UM and their evaluation of the current squad)
-Pete playing HORSE against current players
-segments with respected/key posters
-film breakdown
-facilities tours
-cooking segment with @SWFLHurricane
-continue doing interviews with writers for opposing teams in advance of those matchups
-booster/donor interviews
....Over my Dead Chef Knives.....

Advertisement
Sounds great D$. Let me think about this for a bit and I'm sure that I will come up with some really interesting ideas.

In terms of the CIS community being a big part of these new features/segments, maybe you could do something where once a week or so you can have a different poster from here on the show to discuss various topics.
@k9cane is always great, @Cribby was awesome when he was on, @WestEndzone did really nice breakdowns on the defense ... pipe dream but would love @Memnon and @The Franchise

@ben .....
20240108_112245.jpg

Advertisement
30 minutes max. Anything longer would probably just be a rehash of what was said days before. Former player interviews from all sports not just football. I’m sure they have some good stories to share too.

15 mins unless there is big news then 30 mins.

People will listen to the entire thing if it’s short. Sometimes the meandering long podcasts and small talk go in one ear and out the other

15 mins unless there is big news then 30 mins.

People will listen to the entire thing if it’s short. Sometimes the meandering long podcasts and small talk go in one ear and out the other
Agree... like I said before, my preference would be for 1 to 2 times a week at 45-60 min each, but if they are going to do daily, then it should be short unless there is big news going on.

Advertisement
A daily podcast is way too much imo

Biggest mistake I see with people doing podcasts if they do too many and run out of things to say

I appreciate the content but once a week would be PLENTY I think unless you guys just want to answer the same stupid questions you get here every day and have to ignore

Agree... like I said before, my preference would be for 1 to 2 times a week at 45-60 min each, but if they are going to do daily, then it should be short unless there is big news going on.
You could be right.
Thinking about it, not really sure how much breaking news there will be for a 15 minute podcast every day. Unless they have guests on the show, that’s a lot of time for new info.

Guests should be coaches, players, former canes. Coaches can include current local high school coaches.

With all respect, if it’s just Pete and D$ doing small talk that doesn’t sound very interesting

Advertisement
I hope it's okay to mention, but @DMoney if you want to do something daily, I would highly recommend checking out the Purple Daily podcast (my fellow CIS Vikings fans may also be aware), which is often a top 10 rated football podcast on iTunes. 3-man daily show that does a really good job of mixing in fresh daily content with fun weekly segments (Pie Chart of Blame/Praise, Hottest Vikings Take, Write that Down, Reckless Speculation, Feedback Friday, Vent Line, etc). They do things like picking the schedule, reviewing mock drafts all over the internet, film breakdown, and even recently have had special guests like Joe Buck and Vikings HC Kevin O'Connell. You could maybe do some similar segments like:
  • Mock Class (could be done monthly)
  • Camp Notes
  • Freshman 15 Recruiting Review
  • Gator/Nole/Etc Tears segments for entertainment value (even better if you can get audio clips from other podcasts)
I'm sure you already have plenty of ideas if you're putting the question on there, but I'd definitely check out some of what they do as they have been very successful.

I hope it's okay to mention, but @DMoney if you want to do something daily, I would highly recommend checking out the Purple Daily podcast (my fellow CIS Vikings fans may also be aware), which is often a top 10 rated football podcast on iTunes. 3-man daily show that does a really good job of mixing in fresh daily content with fun weekly segments (Pie Chart of Blame/Praise, Hottest Vikings Take, Write that Down, Reckless Speculation, Feedback Friday, Vent Line, etc). They do things like picking the schedule, reviewing mock drafts all over the internet, film breakdown, and even recently have had special guests like Joe Buck and Vikings HC Kevin O'Connell. You could maybe do some similar segments like:
  • Mock Class (could be done monthly)
  • Camp Notes
  • Freshman 15 Recruiting Review
  • Gator/Nole/Etc Tears segments for entertainment value (even better if you can get audio clips from other podcasts)
I'm sure you already have plenty of ideas if you're putting the question on there, but I'd definitely check out some of what they do as they have been very successful.
Good stuff

***** of trying to do this with Miami is Mario doesn’t allow any info out so wonder what they could do?

But I will say this, in all honesty, D$ is a smart guy. If he thinks they can do a daily podcast, I’m sure they can and I will support it

This is going to be a big year of new, free content on the site. Among other things, we’re starting up a daily Canes podcast, live from a studio.

We want your feedback on what you’d want from the show. Ideal time? Length? Any segments or features you want to see?

We’re planning to do the show live with a chat, so the community will be a big part of it.
Bring on Gary Ferman as a guest, bound and gagged with one of those red Pulp Fiction setups. I want to see how long it will take for him to spontaneously combust without being able to audibly interrupt. Over/Under is set at 11.5 minutes. I got the under.

Advertisement
Back