Daily CanesInSight Podcast

Advertisement
This is going to be a big year of new, free content on the site. Among other things, we’re starting up a daily Canes podcast, live from a studio.

We want your feedback on what you’d want from the show. Ideal time? Length? Any segments or features you want to see?

We’re planning to do the show live with a chat, so the community will be a big part of it.
I think you would be stretching yourselves too thin with content. I think weekly or twice a week is fine.

This is going to be a big year of new, free content on the site. Among other things, we’re starting up a daily Canes podcast, live from a studio.

We want your feedback on what you’d want from the show. Ideal time? Length? Any segments or features you want to see?

We’re planning to do the show live with a chat, so the community will be a big part of it.
I’d love some interviews with current coaches. Especially OC/DC.

Advertisement
yall should do a "tea leaves" segment every week, a decipher podcast, CIS seems to love that.
"tea leaves" reminds me of David Lake's dumbazz on ITU podcast. Gaby the only real one
Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Two per week max between 15-30 minutes until late July when camp hype starts to build. Once that and the season are underway there will be no shortage of material to go up to 3 or 4. Things like season/weekly predictions, weekend visitors and Bank stuff, in depth opponent breakdowns, player and coach interviews from practice, post game reactions, film breakdowns of previous game. All of these are before you even get into community engagement. @CreativeCane's ideas in post #38 is great for a foundation, that can be molded to fit what CIS is about, just don't get too crazy so that normies/new people don't get weirded out. First impressions and all that.

Finally, there is no shortage of posters who provide great content for this site. I'd love for a special guests segment throughout the season from posters who regularly contribute good stuff like @Go Canes!! predictions where he tells us why we are going 15-0. @k9cane for highfalutin musings, @Memnon for postgame thoughts, @Dwinstitles vibing and ranting, @JHallCanes inner monologues from the benchpress, @gogeta4 for Prop Joe's Propositions. There's more, but yea, that's what I'd like listen to.

Two per week max between 15-30 minutes until late July when camp hype starts to build. Once that and the season are underway there will be no shortage of material to go up to 3 or 4. Things like season/weekly predictions, weekend visitors and Bank stuff, in depth opponent breakdowns, player and coach interviews from practice, post game reactions, film breakdowns of previous game. All of these are before you even get into community engagement. @CreativeCane's ideas in post #38 is great for a foundation, that can be molded to fit what CIS is about, just don't get too crazy so that normies/new people don't get weirded out. First impressions and all that.

Finally, there is no shortage of posters who provide great content for this site. I'd love for a special guests segment throughout the season from posters who regularly contribute good stuff like @Go Canes!! predictions where he tells us why we are going 15-0. @k9cane for highfalutin musings, @Memnon for postgame thoughts, @Dwinstitles vibing and ranting, @JHallCanes inner monologues from the benchpress, @gogeta4 for Prop Joe's Propositions. There's more, but yea, that's what I'd like listen to.
I think I’m too much on the mic for CIS they probably gave up on my a long time ago. Agree though on the rest. If Manny were coach u know I would of went in though pause big pause

I mean you can also do a rundown around college football and how it impacts Miami. Doesn't have to be purely 100% Miami News all the time. Guess depends if they mean Sunday-Monday by daily or just the m-f.

Like on a Sunday/Monday you'd give the rundown on Miamis game and injuries and all that about the actual performance and team, Tuesday rundown on CFB as whole and how Miami stacks up - talent/O success/D success etc, Wednesday can be a recruiting/Bank update day, Thursday can be a day about telling past stories/interviewing people, Friday is next game preview - can also interview opponents media..

Also can straight up just use this website to see what people are talking about and run a segment about it- like hey someone just started a thread about how jimmy Johnson is greatest coach ever, let's run a 8min segment on it. Someone has a thread about Adidas ultra boosts, lets do 5 mins talking about our apparel history/current situation....
All that sounds great if it’s kept to 15 minutes per segment.

Advertisement

I want to see a daily fight debate segment where winner keeps going til dethroned. Clearly must start with @TheOriginalCane and by definition it will make sure you get at least 15 minutes of content each time 🤷‍♂️ I don’t even care if the opponent is coherent or topic relevant. It’s experiential

im happy to host a board sourced hot dogs of the day winner segment as well

I want to see a daily fight debate segment where winner keeps going til dethroned. Clearly must start with @TheOriginalCane and by definition it will make sure you get at least 15 minutes of content each time 🤷‍♂️ I don’t even care if the opponent is coherent or topic relevant. It’s experiential

The fight game is the specialty of @k9cane , I will defer to him on that.

Advertisement
I just wanted to call everyone ***** if I’m being honest

One thing I don’t understand about Mario necessarily is this day and age information is gonna get out. It’s 2024 ffs. So why not be more proactive about controlling what gets out rather than being combative about it? I dunno. Yelling at the ocean I know….
Its crazy.... In this social information age you try and lock down the product and stay silent. People/companies spend vast resources to reach, develop and engage audiences. Here you have a hardcore group who are ASKING to engage and let them in but instead, you shut the blinds.

Then, you ask the same fans to trot out on gameday and loyally support the team.

Im not saying hand out details of every injury or make every practice a free for all but at least get more information out to your trusted guys. Open up a few practices and show off the product. Do more candid interviews with reporters and get them around the players a little bit so people feel like they know them on a more personal level. Let a little more footage and updates get released. Give more updated on the team in the off season. Basically, engage with your fans and help build interest in the program instead of trying to be the KGB.

Now I am yelling at the ocean too...

All that sounds great if it’s kept to 15 minutes per segment.
Days with more to talk about in a daily podcast Id go 35mins on high end, days with less to talk about id do 10-15 mins min. I wouldn't look for a hard target number. You have your news and target segments, and get it done efficiently. That's what you do with a daily podcast. Now maybe the podcast before/after games are in the low 40s, and the ones in between are in the low to high teens on average and mid 20s when its a lot of news. That'd be good

3 times a week I think is more than enough, especially in the offseason

I'm sure we'll still listen 5x per week, but for your guys sanity, kids, work, and keeping it solid, 3x per week like inday says is probably ideal

Advertisement
for those suggesting no daily podcast, i think from a monetization and multi-platform content standpoint that you have to go daily, or very close to it.

I always love hearing inside stories from the players about: recruiting, team dynamics, former teammates, etc. Also one thing I like to hear about is how strong the alumni base is connected with the current players. Which cool stories the current players have from the legends?

Would also be neat to get a bunch of the legends on. I know it would be tough to get people like Irvin and Ray Lewis etc but there are a bunch of legends from the 80s, 90s, 2000s that just live normal-ish lives now and may not be too hard to get on for a quick 15-20 minute phone call/interview/q&a.
That is great. It would be great to have different topics each day. Monday/Recruiting Tuesday/Interview with former player/coach Wednesday/Latest from camp/practice Thursday/Mail bag CIS questions Friday/Weekend visits/game talk/basketball

Yes please

Advertisement
Back