Dabo should head to the NFL

al_canes

Recruit
UM taking football serious may not seem like a threat to Dabo right now, but it without question is going to be in the not to far off future.

It's my opinion that Clemson is the Hyenas of the ACC. They have scavenged and been allowed to multiply because UM (The King of the Jungle) has not being hungry and unfocused.

It's no coincidence that Clemson has ascended during the very same period UM has been a total disaster.

Just think of all those players that flocked to Clemson, that may have chose UM, had UM not been on a 15 year self inflicted punishment, elite, with major support

When we are finally back to full strength and our program is humming along like it used to be (WITH MAJOR SUPPORT BEHIND IT). That school in WhereTheFkIsThat, SC is going to fall off. The fall off will be even faster if FSU gets right also.

Imagine Clemson having to beat an elite FSU every year along with an elite UM every other year, AND have to face that same elite UM team most years in the ACC Championship.

Nah Dabo ain't winning the majority of those games. We COMING!!

Advertisement
Agree.
Combo of FSU’s 2010s decline (mostly since Jimbo left) and our issues.

Not sure if he’ll take the pro route - but he’s certainly waiting for Saban to retire.

In motion...

1639065595442.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
The time to do it was when the Venables talk started. Now he just looks like his assistants were the reason for his success. If he fails in the NFL, Bama might not want him.
Exactly this.

He should just go ahead and resign and join Saban as an analyst right now.

Crazy how his assistant coaches are now getting hired away that the “good years” are looking like they are in the rear view mirror. UVA hiring OC? I thought that he was as untouchable as Venables. DJ does not look like the goods based upon last year (or the OLine is so bad that DI can never expect the time to throw). Ty Phomacchuson (sp ?) must not be decent enough either (which was my assessment given him lighting up the prep school competition that I was familiar with).

Going to be interesting to see if they can plug the coaching holes and if those lead to losses in recruiting battles. It would be completely nostalgic to see Clemson disappear as quickly as they showed up like they disappeared in the 80’s until the last 5-8 years. Like Kaiser Soze - a man? A myth? And one day, poof, he is gone from existence.

Advertisement
He still has by far the most talent int he ACC. So 10+ wins should be a gimmee next season even with his issues at QB.

Their toughest games are against us and Notre Dame, both of which are dealing with transitional issues. I can't imagine NC State beating them again, much less Wake.

We probably play Clemson twice next season.

I feel like this is the beginning on the end for Clemson. This year was the start and the only reason they failed this year, was because of themselves

Advertisement
From what i see, most coaches follow the money. So, why would you leave a gig that pays that much to go to a cutthroat league of parody with little job security?

Could we see a steady decline there like at FSU when Bowden started losing guys like Amato, Jeff Scott, Richt? Either way, notice has been served.

Advertisement
Back