Dabo should head to the NFL

Not me. If I were in his position, I’d take down another $20mm from Clemson and then retire. No need to grind it out in the NFL. And college football is going to be a circus run by a bunch of teenage divas and their agents. Take a broadcasting job that requires a day of your time each week and enjoy your family.

Advertisement
Dabo is waiting for Satan to retire... and that could happen any time in the next couple of years... maybe even this year if he wins another NC.

Dabo's return to Bama will be similar to Cristobal's return to Miami.... played there, won an NC there.

Advertisement
Dabo would not fare well in the NFL. I doubt that NFL players would fall for his "aw, shucks" act.

That said, I still think he's a great HC/CEO. Don't write him for dead. You have to imagine that Clemson will give him the funds to hire whoever he wants at OC (assuming Elliot leaves) and DC. And as we all know, football is QB-driven. He had poor QB play this year and it showed. But if he nabs a great QB, he's back to the results we saw under Boyd, Watson, Lawrence, and even Bryant.

Clemson's fall off will be even faster if FSU gets right also. Imagine Clemson having to beat an elite FSU every year along with an elite UM every other year, AND have to face that same elite UM team most years in the ACC
Yo man, "elite FSU" ain't even close to happening.

Those has-beens are 16-24 in the garbage ACC over the last 5 years.

They been lapped by Wake Forest for God's sake

We fixxin to leave FSU and UF in the dust.

(But, yeah, phunk Clemson)

Yo man, "elite FSU" ain't even close to happening.

Those has-beens are 16-24 in the garbage ACC over the last 5 years.

They been lapped by Wake Forest for God's sake

We fixxin to leave FSU and UF in the dust.

(But, yeah, phunk Clemson)
I certainly won't argue you, but it would be better for UM if FSU gets their spit together. It's no coincidence our best years coincided with many of their best years.

The old saying goes "Steel sharpens Steel" and FSU was always the a catalyst we used to propel us to further greatness.

Plus I miss the days of the NC running through Florida. Not got **** South Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia. Spit makes me want to throw up.

Advertisement
UM taking football serious may not seem like a threat to Dabo right now, but it without question is going to be in the not to far off future.

It's my opinion that Clemson is the Hyenas of the ACC. They have scavenged and been allowed to multiply because UM (The King of the Jungle) has not being hungry and unfocused.

It's no coincidence that Clemson has ascended during the very same period UM has been a total disaster.

Just think of all those players that flocked to Clemson, that may have chose UM, had UM not been on a 15 year self inflicted punishment, elite, with major support

When we are finally back to full strength and our program is humming along like it used to be (WITH MAJOR SUPPORT BEHIND IT). That school in WhereTheFkIsThat, SC is going to fall off. The fall off will be even faster if FSU gets right also.

Imagine Clemson having to beat an elite FSU every year along with an elite UM every other year, AND have to face that same elite UM team most years in the ACC Championship.

Nah Dabo ain't winning the majority of those games. We COMING!!
F**king dabo should go to the NFL because he doesn't have an AD or DC and people are starting to wonder wtf is wrong over there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree - Clemson is getting gutted right now, but I wouldn't be so fast to stick a fork in them.

They're going to win 10 games this year and it's considered a "down" year. Their talent is still Top 4 in the country. They'll still have a Top 10 recruiting class.

I'd think Dabo might be more open to listening to offers now than he usually would be, but ultimately stays put. Clemson and Texas A&M will be a great measuring stick for Miami next year.

They will slide downhill but will take a couple of years... the portal might accelerate it a bit.

His fake Christian shtick won't work on grown men. He can sway a parent or player whose naive and gullible to it, but he'd get exposed in the real world. Plus, he has a face that SCREAMS punch me.

Advertisement
Back