D$ shares exclusive spring practice insights

View as article
Oh brother, I'm locked and loaded on this one and ready to fire. I'll wait until game time to see what he does though but consider me not surprised at all.
These mfs be in such a hurry to jump in boat they say **** it to logic and reasoning. A week of spring practices doesn't determine anything but him being more than a Moultrie like addition would shock me.

Advertisement
These mfs be in such a hurry to jump in boat they say **** it to logic and reasoning. A week of spring practices doesn't determine anything but him being more than a Moultrie like addition would shock me.
692CABCB-3662-46F8-8819-7FF1AE4902A3.gif

Good timing on this...A lot of bball excitement. Let this simmer for a few days then hopefully when our season is over next Tuesday the talk of a TCU type Season 2 can begin. Well played...
Did you just “well play” yourself? Shameless.
But do your things 👌🏿

Advertisement
If if if the OL stays healthy, we should add 2 wins, making it 7-5, then other improvements, making it 8-4. I will not predict anything better than that. As of now im at 7-5. All i want is excitement on both sides of the ball. Fast pace and attack. It was traumatizing watching that last season especially being there in person. My wife be like, babe u want something stronger than beer? Yes please, thats after 5 mins!!!! Im always open for surprises but the blind optimism has left me in totality.

Of all the spots Mario is upgrading on defense, this is the one that will have the biggest impact. To think we started Flagg and Steed last season, Flagg and Jennings in 2021, McCloud and Jennings in 2020. F_ing Manuela, smh.

Francisco, Wes, Keontra, the Freshmen get us potentially to mid-level in the ACC, after having bottom quartile performance ever since Shaq graduated. Maybe Chase Smith plays a big role here once he is back from injury, too.

That said, we are far from playoff level there. We need at least a Mikel Jones level player form the portal, ideally better. I've always been a fan of Keontra. But we need a plug and play on the outside with a higher floor than him. Besides which, we're constantly injured at LB, so we need more depth.
LB being a weaker spot for us for this long has me lost. I have a hard time wrapping my head around it

Advertisement
Not really. UGA uses air raid concepts like most teams. The comparison between our TEs is moot because the ORIGINAL criticism was “Neanderthal Mario bro” in nature. When pointing out prominent teams use it, are using it MORE and that it does NOT necessarily mean a run heavy scheme goes against the narrative it morphs to “our TEs aren’t as good”. What does that matter? Nobody has UGAs TEs, does they mean nobody else can use 12? Neither are our WRs - everyone acknowledges this. You want more WR heavy sets if Skinner out there is a better option for both run and pass (assumption)?

TLDR: Mario was again declared bro style limiting Dawson simply because of 12 usage, when this is completely unfounded.
UF crazy attack under Mullen was led by Kyle Pitts a TE, who Skinner has similar traits if not the production. Not sure why people take TEs to be in line option attack.

I'm super happy we took Deen and Gore, don't get me wrong. But it felt like desperation, eerily similar to pulling in Sagapolu and Denis along the OL last year. If 1 of the 2 contribute meaningfully, I'll be ecstatic. But we really need that replacement for Jackson.

Hears hoping that Harrison-Hunte and Lichtenstein have money years.
Deen and Gore are not the same thing. One played in the Big Ten and was one of the most disruptive players with lesser talent next to him. Gore is the unproven one at this level. Deen is not.

Advertisement
Not sure why people are bent on grouping Deen with Gore. Stop it. Deen is 6'2, 285 as he said. And he played in the Big Ten, imo a better conference than the ACC right now. He proved himself there. Going up against Teams like Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin who want to pound you into submission. Yes he is undersized but so was Mesidor who came from the Big 12 and played Nose tackle there at his size and weight.

Deen is not Gore.

Advertisement
Some of us said Gore was a weird take…
We'll see. He's definitely not an every-downer in big time ball, but he has skills at DT in getting to the QB. He might come in on 3rd and longs and be that guy that is fresh and quick in the 4th qtr and steal a sack during a crucial drive.

Bain blowing up a 25 year old grown *** man, whose only job is to block, is just another day at the office for him. He's my favorite recruit in the class. Can't wait to see what he does.

Saying Couch is beefed up is like going from a kids 4 piece mcnugget to a 6. It doesn't make much of a difference.

Last edited:
If if if the OL stays healthy, we should add 2 wins, making it 7-5, then other improvements, making it 8-4. I will not predict anything better than that. As of now im at 7-5. All i want is excitement on both sides of the ball. Fast pace and attack. It was traumatizing watching that last season especially being there in person. My wife be like, babe u want something stronger than beer? Yes please, thats after 5 mins!!!! Im always open for surprises but the blind optimism has left me in totality.
I hear you man. I left a bunch of games in the third quarter last year because I couldn't make it through that mess without something to drink.

If Porter and Couch are two of our top three CB’s this year, then we’re in deep ****.

We need Graves to make the leap to become CB1 and we need a starter-level corner in the portal.
Eventually whoever is responsible for CB recruiting & development has to do a better job...

Either something is wrong with the evals/scouting aspect, or there’s something lacking in the teaching department.

The fact Miami struggles to find 2 serviceable CB’s **** near every year continues to be an overlooked problem.

Advertisement
Back