D$ shares exclusive spring practice insights

View as article
For Gore, is there just a longer acclimation period with him? Or should we kind of expect him to provide depth and not much else? Not that I was even remotely close to expecting first-team production, but rather believed he would fit in well on specific pass-rushing downs and maybe generate 5-6 sacks plus a handful of more pressures.
Yeah, like to hear the take on Gore. Thought he might be a gadget guy who could be disruptive.

Advertisement
- Linebacker is a much improved position. Francisco Mauigoa is a good player with size, speed and instincts. He will start. Wesley Bissainthe got a lot of talk in the offseason, but Keontra Smith is giving him all he can handle in the position battle. Smith is one of the more improved players in spring. Corey Flagg is experienced depth.

Bobby Washington is flashing big-time. He's getting first team snaps as starting snaps and showing off his speed and striking ability. Big upside there if he continues to work.

Of all the spots Mario is upgrading on defense, this is the one that will have the biggest impact. To think we started Flagg and Steed last season, Flagg and Jennings in 2021, McCloud and Jennings in 2020. F_ing Manuela, smh.

Francisco, Wes, Keontra, the Freshmen get us potentially to mid-level in the ACC, after having bottom quartile performance ever since Shaq graduated. Maybe Chase Smith plays a big role here once he is back from injury, too.

That said, we are far from playoff level there. We need at least a Mikel Jones level player form the portal, ideally better. I've always been a fan of Keontra. But we need a plug and play on the outside with a higher floor than him. Besides which, we're constantly injured at LB, so we need more depth.

Thanks for the update! Just seems much of the same with lots of what ifs and hopes. Appears we need at least the following portal transfers who were proven starters at the P5 level to make this team an 8-9 game winner next season. If not, I'm afraid we will resemble more like a 6-7 win team.

OL - One for certain maybe two more.
WR - Two
DT - One and needs to be a 300lb type
LB - One
DB - One

I'm mostly looking forward to watching CY88. Glad to hear he has shed some pounds.

I hope he and TVD can develop a special bond this year and are able to put up big numbers.

Advertisement
Yeah, like to hear the take on Gore. Thought he might be a gadget guy who could be disruptive.

I'm super happy we took Deen and Gore, don't get me wrong. But it felt like desperation, eerily similar to pulling in Sagapolu and Denis along the OL last year. If 1 of the 2 contribute meaningfully, I'll be ecstatic. But we really need that replacement for Jackson.

Hears hoping that Harrison-Hunte and Lichtenstein have money years.

For Gore, is there just a longer acclimation period with him? Or should we kind of expect him to provide depth and not much else? Not that I was even remotely close to expecting first-team production, but rather believed he would fit in well on specific pass-rushing downs and maybe generate 5-6 sacks plus a handful of more pressures.
The early CIS returns were Donald 2.0. Anything less will not be accepted.

Advertisement
I'm super happy we took Deen and Gore, don't get me wrong. But it felt like desperation, eerily similar to pulling in Sagapolu and Denis along the OL last year. If 1 of the 2 contribute meaningfully, I'll be ecstatic. But we really need that replacement for Jackson.

Hears hoping that Harrison-Hunte and Lichtenstein have money years.
Deen and Gore have produced at a high level at their previous schools. Sagapoopoo and Dennis were benchwarmers at Oregon and shouldn't see the field here.

Advertisement
Thanks for the update! Just seems much of the same with lots of what ifs and hopes. Appears we need at least the following portal transfers who were proven starters at the P5 level to make this team an 8-9 game winner next season. If not, I'm afraid we will resemble more like a 6-7 win team.

OL - One for certain maybe two more.
WR - Two
DT - One and needs to be a 300lb type
LB - One
DB - One
No RB? I think we need a starter level player. We got Parrish creamed last year. Do you think he and Fletcher can carry the load? I don't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back