D$'s Post-Season Top Prospects in Dade/Broward: 5-1

Advertisement
Basically. I'm not sure why people take praise of Cook as a bash on Yearby who is good in his own right. And as you pointed out Fook plays both ways along with special teams which is why Yearby 'starts.' The 'Cook is the backup' argument is moronic and has been pointed out to be bull**** countless times. His own coach has broken down how they use them before. Sucks he's going to FSU but no need to hate, recognize talent when you see it and Cook is special.

Good post, but no reason to add a moronic statement of your own.

Btw good list D no real issues with it at all.

LULZ.

D$ puts a kid committed to Miami in his top 5 in his FIRST YEAR OF PLAYING FOOTBALL and yet we still continue to cry about Dalvin ******* Cook.

People, you will have plenty of chances when he is ripping our asses at least one saturday per year the next few years. Personally I am much more disappointed in Sony but whatever.

Valentine is the key, obviously, but DJack (can I call him that?) is ******* exciting. Man.

Advertisement
The Dalvin Cook still will never end. It will only get worse IF he is successfull at FSU. It will get even worse if we field the same kind of team next year

While prep production is important, it's not dispositive. Bobby Washington is the only guy who ran for more yards than Yearby in Dade County, and he fizzled at the next leve. .

That Bobby Washington "fizzled" at the next level is subjective. Do we really know how good he could have been if not for the brouhaha which prevented him from getting into Coral Gables?! Same for Antwain Easterling ? I'm no psychologist and I've never played one on TV ..but some kids will blow up where they have their heart set and fizzle where they don't. Other kids (see Charlie Jones and Baby James) just don't make the jump.

Sony is the one that hurts. Guy disrespected us. He would be the perfect compliment to Duke & Yearby. Whatever though, good list and I like the guys we are bringing in.

Sony is the one that hurts. Guy disrespected us. He would be the perfect compliment to Duke & Yearby. Whatever though, good list and I like the guys we are bringing in.

Honestly losing Sony simply highlights what is broken with our recruiting. That's what hurts most about it. Losing Cook SUCKS but not in the same way IMO.

Advertisement

Honestly losing Sony simply highlights what is broken with our recruiting. That's what hurts most about it. Losing Cook SUCKS but not in the same way IMO.

Agree. Sony has overtaken Patrick Johnson as the biggest POS to ever come from So Florida

LULZ.

D$ puts a kid committed to Miami in his top 5 in his FIRST YEAR OF PLAYING FOOTBALL and yet we still continue to cry about Dalvin ****ing Cook.

People, you will have plenty of chances when he is ripping our asses at least one saturday per year the next few years. Personally I am much more disappointed in Sony but whatever.

Valentine is the key, obviously, but DJack (can I call him that?) is ****ing exciting. Man.

I dont know about all that, JHallCanes. I think CThomas, DJackson, TValentine, DOwens, MSmith, CJenkins, AMoten, JYoung and THarris will have a little something to say about him rippin our a$$es for the next 3 years. Im not buying it just yet. GREAT player. But lets not act like we are talkin about Adrian Peterson here.

LULZ.

D$ puts a kid committed to Miami in his top 5 in his FIRST YEAR OF PLAYING FOOTBALL and yet we still continue to cry about Dalvin ****ing Cook.

Valentine is the key, obviously, but DJack (can I call him that?) is ****ing exciting. Man.

I dont know about all that, JHallCanes. I think CThomas, DJackson, TValentine, DOwens, MSmith, CJenkins, AMoten, JYoung and THarris will have a little something to say about him rippin our a$$es for the next 3 years. Im not buying it just yet. GREAT player. But lets not act like we are talkin about Adrian Peterson here.

Fair enough. I'm a HUGE fan of this class despite how it got ****ed up here recently. Cook is a special player IMO and it sucks to lose him to FSU. But I'm not really *****ing

Advertisement
Watching that Cook film is nauseating, can't believe we let that dude get away.

See, this annoys me.

We didn't let him get away, from all accounts, our staff worked their asses off on getting him.

I'm cool with saying that we lost him, that other schools beat us out for him...cause that's true, but we didn't just stop recruiting him and let him leave. While the end result may be the same, there is a difference between flat out letting a kid leave and losing out on him. I'm not saying this to defend Golden or anybody, because well...they lost out on him, just another mark against them, but lets at least be intellectually honest about it.

Advertisement
No, with Cook 1st it allows this board bash fest on the staff to continue.......
Or it's simply stating a fact.

you sure it's a fact? guy went from Clemson, to Florida to FSU, seem to me he was looking for a big school experience. I don't know what some on the board knows, but if it was because we changed the offense to the wishbone or something I could understand the frustration with the staff. As an outsider, just seem the young man wanted out of the tri-county at a big school.

Can't make someone like you who is not physically attracted to you. let's move on and hope we can grab someone else and that the whole of this class is greater than the one that we missed.

No, with Cook 1st it allows this board bash fest on the staff to continue.......

you sure it's a fact? guy went from Clemson, to Florida to FSU, seem to me he was looking for a big school experience. I don't know what some on the board knows, but if it was because we changed the offense to the wishbone or something I could understand the frustration with the staff. As an outsider, just seem the young man wanted out of the tri-county at a big school.

Can't make someone like you who is not physically attracted to you. let's move on and hope we can grab someone else and that the whole of this class is greater than the one that we missed.

The "fact" in question is that he's the #1 prospect, period. I think that Valentine and CT are both more important, but This list is very valid.

Watching that Cook film is nauseating, can't believe we let that dude get away.

See, this annoys me.

We didn't let him get away, from all accounts, our staff worked their asses off on getting him.

I'm cool with saying that we lost him, that other schools beat us out for him...cause that's true, but we didn't just stop recruiting him and let him leave. While the end result may be the same, there is a difference between flat out letting a kid leave and losing out on him. I'm not saying this to defend Golden or anybody, because well...they lost out on him, just another mark against them, but lets at least be intellectually honest about it.

Thanks, now I feel so much better about "losing" him.

The "fact" in question is that he's the #1 prospect, period. I think that Valentine and CT are both more important, but This list is very valid.
I was attacking the BS notion that D$ put Cook at #1 for the simple purpose of getting people riled up. He had him #1 in his pre-season list as well. He's the best player in the state.

Advertisement
Back