D$'s Post-Season Top Prospects in Dade/Broward: 5-1

McCrary? Obviously, you have never seen him play live. LSU seems to agree with me.

Can't say that I have.. but he was always a Plan B/C guy for LSU. I'm indifferent on him. I'll take your word for it though. Always seemed like a poor version of Mike Smith. (but I'm ignorant on him)

Advertisement
McCrary? Obviously, you have never seen him play live. LSU seems to agree with me.

Can't say that I have.. but he was always a Plan B/C guy for LSU. I'm indifferent on him. I'll take your word for it though. Always seemed like a poor version of Mike Smith. (but I'm ignorant on him)

Most posters dont like McCrary so I dont fault you. But he is a football player. Give him 3 years and he will be makin' noise in Coral Gables. Big time sack master.

Most posters dont like McCrary so I dont fault you. But he is a football player. Give him 3 years and he will be makin' noise in Coral Gables. Big time sack master.

3 years? Thats not really what we need. Probably a new coaching staff by then as well

Great list!

D$ - can you bump/tack your pre-season list? Just interested in seeing who made the biggest moves up or down

Advertisement
Great list!

D$ - can you bump/tack your pre-season list? Just interested in seeing who made the biggest moves up or down

It's Valentine & Jackson, easily.

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/54039-D-s-Top-25-Prospects-in-Dade-Broward-5-1

The final list:

1. Dalvin Cook
2. Sony Michel
3. Shawn Burgess-Becker
4. Ermon Lane
5. Jordan Scarlett
6. Chad Thomas
7. Trevor Darling
8. Ravian Pierce
9. Quinton Flowers
10. Sean White
11. Joseph Yearby
12. Corey Holmes
13. Khairi Clark
14. Anthony Moten
15. Treon Harris
16. Jaquan Johnson
17. Quincy Wilson
18. Chris Lammons
19. Tyrek Cole
20. Mike Smith
21. Brandon Powell
22. Nigel Bethel II
23. Sam Bruce
24. A'lique Terry
25. Trayone Gray

Valentine! Nuff said!!! We can't afford to lose the top DT that was a lock before the PSU incident. Until Valentine signs this class is just real good. With him its a great class.

White is not a good fit for Auburn because their offense, as good as it is, is most successful when the QB is a serious threat to run. The lack of the QB run will allow defense more flexibility in their coverage.

Valentine! Nuff said!!! We can't afford to lose the top DT that was a lock before the PSU incident. Until Valentine signs this class is just real good. With him its a great class.

White is not a good fit for Auburn because their offense, as good as it is, is most successful when the QB is a serious threat to run. The lack of the QB run will allow defense more flexibility in their coverage.

Valentine was never a lock to the U. LSU had always been lurking in the background. Only Tejas (& CStrong with his Louisville connection) was the new suitor.

Advertisement
Cook prefers to go play for his hometown rival rather then rep his city.. Fair enough. Losing such a great athlete to our rival sucks.. but I'll gladly take Mr. Yearby, the better true running back (without question).

Not sure who winds up better but it's funny to me that Miami fans of all people, can't see what a running back who might lack elite size and speed can do with elite vision and short area quickness and moves.

Just look at Frank Gore.

I think the bust factor is extremely high with Cook. Think he is an amazing talent, but we'll see. Yearby is spot on in my opinion. Cook seems to have an AP level of expectation. I'll gladly eat my words later, being objective as a football fan and not a UM fan.

My sentiments exactly. Personally, I think he projects better on defense. Phenomenal athlete but he isn't the pure runner that Yearby is. I still hate to see him go to our rival but it doesn't scare me either.

I was going to post the same thing. Watching his film, something about him makes me think more of a corner than of an every down running back. That's just more of a compliment to the kid. He's clearly a heck of an athlete and I hate that we missed out on him and, even more, that he decided to go to FSU.

But, I'm not complaining, as I'm thrilled that we have Yearby who, to me, looks to have the better game between the tackles and in traffic. Just wish we had them both.

Cook prefers to go play for his hometown rival rather then rep his city.. Fair enough. Losing such a great athlete to our rival sucks.. but I'll gladly take Mr. Yearby, the better true running back (without question).

Not sure who winds up better but it's funny to me that Miami fans of all people, can't see what a running back who might lack elite size and speed can do with elite vision and short area quickness and moves.

Just look at Frank Gore.

Yearby does make me think of Gore from an instinctual level. It is why I think his game is better than Cook's as a pure RB.

Does anyone realize that Miami has 2 maybe 3 of the top 5 and 8 maybe more total on the list? I really think people need to stop and think about how special this class is, and will be.

Sorry 9 4 stars isn't special. This is a solid class but not special. You land valentine and Jackson and maybe you can call it that. A class this loaded should have yielded 12-14 4 star kids at least.

I'm not big on "stars" give me the guys that want to be here and want to work and will ball out. Still have to develop that talent and that is on the players to do that.

We all agree Rashawn Robinson is a baller- he was a 3 star on ESPN last year.

Gayot
Brady
Mayes
Rosier
McCray
Herndon
Whiffed again on D tackle (unless we get valentine). Not sold on wyche and Calvin being difference makers
Gayot fills need solid prospect
Brady big time prospect
McCray pass rusher we need
Herndon gifted athlete could be te or de

Who would you replace them with?

Advertisement

Just look at Frank Gore.

Yearby does make me think of Gore from an instinctual level. It is why I think his game is better than Cook's as a pure RB.

I refer to it as running with a sixth sense. The only way I can really think to describe it. The game just seems slower to certain running backs when in traffic. Some guys get shy in traffic. Guys are used to running in space in high school so I like to look at how guys do in tight spaces. Yearby is as good as anyone. In space, Cook is as good as it gets but Yearby is no slouch either. He's going to he a **** good one once he bulks up a bit.

Advertisement
I'm definitely not trying to troll or "hate" but I don't see how Demetrius Jackson is in the top 5. He might have a great motor but he has the body of a wide receiver playing a rush end. Correct me if I'm wrong but with this staff it remains to be seen if we can develop these tweeners correctly. The Ricardo Williams experiment was a complete fail. Tyriq McCord has shown a few flashes but nothing more. Is it realistic for Jackson to put on enough weight and still be an impact player at the next level?

I'm definitely not trying to troll or "hate" but I don't see how Demetrius Jackson is in the top 5. He might have a great motor but he has the body of a wide receiver playing a rush end. Correct me if I'm wrong but with this staff it remains to be seen if we can develop these tweeners correctly. The Ricardo Williams experiment was a complete fail. Tyriq McCord has shown a few flashes but nothing more. Is it realistic for Jackson to put on enough weight and still be an impact player at the next level?

He will be a standup player at Miami. Think Dion Jordan. I don't know if he's quite that fluid but he's quicker than McCord from what I've seen. McCord struggles going side to side.

Advertisement
Back