D’Eriq King holding teammates accountable

Sh*ts annoying though, it’s a new season and some of these posters are already with a defeatist mindset. Maybe we aren’t built the same but that irks me to the highest degree
I agree that there is a lot to be positive about this offseason. However, there are a ton of questions I have about our team mentality and toughness. Honestly, this is about as objective as I have ever been during any offseason. I see both sides pretty well, and can understand you both. It is about time we were shown something, not just told, you know?

Last offseason pretty much smashed my orange and green glasses.

Advertisement
The thing that really helps this 2̶0̶1̶6̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶u̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ 2020 off-season is the transfer of Q̶B̶ ̶J̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ QB D'Eriq King.

Ed Reed at work.

"“Ed Reed is on staff now, so I talk to him a lot,” UM quarterback D’Eriq King said on the Houston-based “Inside The Loop” podcast this week. “He gives me so many tips and pointers. "
intelligence and game recognizes intelligence and game

Advertisement
We all want the Hurricanes to win. I'll be attending the games that I can...AGAIN but while everybody penciling in Miami for the Coastal Championship Parade due to the arrival of D'Eriq King I'll the watching out for the fundamentals of football. Do we properly tackle, catch and Block.........you know the things D'Eriq can't do.

The Coastal will be determined if Manny can improve the fundamentals regardless of QB play

I’m sitting here early remembering that game in the old OB , Sam our QB kept calling “ 46 QUICK TRAP “ and moved the ball well till inside red zone and threw the ball WHY I never understood that and we kicked FG or at least tried too that was a MYSTERY WHY ??

When D came THAT’S when I licked my chops always LOVED the WIDE EYED scared look of your QB when I was feeding.

(3) solo sacks countless solos I had to trail plays running away from my side was kind of exhausting that PUSSED me off YELLING at your MH coaches BEGGING them for FOOD .

I remember years after playing asking WHY COACH did I go BOTH WAYS.

He told me GOCANES we just didn’t have the talent you brought EVERY SINGLE DOWN ...SO SORRY.

That caused your ankle dislocation tendon and nerve damage career ending injury, we coaches cried when you got carried off the field FOREVER
Ok, but I was speaking about the cute cheerleaders stalking you ...😂

YES MH beat S.W. every year I was at S.W. you are SPOT ON

BUT a HUGE DESK BUTT !!!!!

whom ever I played over at MH got his but destroyed by me even my Freshmen year when I made second team ALL Dade only played JV and Varsity as a freshmen.

I played BOTH WAYS as a freshmen on varsity.

We only won one game during my time , it was against South Dade High.

My first varsity game playing right OL tackle.

I played over Willie Jones a 1st Team All American DE .

Do some research on Willie Jones ended up at FSU then Oakland Raiders # 1 draft choice.
I held him to ZERO sacks and to only (2) assists tackles KEY WIRD ASSISTS NOT SOLOS LMAO.

HE KNOWS IN HIS HEART THERE WAS ONE BAD *** FRESHMEN WHO KICKED HIS *** THAT ONE FRIDAY NIGHT HE PLSY ONLY ON “ D” I WENT BOTH WAYS NEVER CAME OFF THE FIELD EVEN SPECIAL TEAMS I PLAYED .

Wille sat on BENCH resting while I WHOOP HIS TEAMMATES ***.

That game got me discovered and letters began flying in to Coach Skeens .

Again YES MH beat us BUTT NOT ON MYSIDE BROTHER I WON MY BATTLES BEFORE I PLAYED ONE DOWN.

I TRAINED LIKE NO OTHER SO I CAN PLAY LIKE NO OTHER .
Willie Jones was a bad man ... I played running back at the High ... We ran a lot of misdirection against Jones because he was too fast, too big, and too good to attack directly.

Willie Jones was a bad man ... I played running back at the High ... We ran a lot of misdirection against Jones because he was too fast, too big, and too good to attack directly.

Brother YOU NAILED IT 🙌🙌🙌.

If Willie went inside hard then so be it I drove him but hard he played high and I’d get under him as he grasped nothing but air same if he boxed just pushed him away , wasn’t rocket science he had NO TECH JUST POWER , I had some power but not senior AA power .

Just took him where he wanted to go just out of the play , he never adjusted just brute strength .
We won that game 7-6 then lost the rest including Miami High and the following year also you were probably gone by my time ,I’m 62 1976 S.W. grad

Advertisement

Do you remember Coach Verwey at Miami High back than ?
His son was a RB at S.W.

I agree that there is a lot to be positive about this offseason. However, there are a ton of questions I have about our team mentality and toughness. Honestly, this is about as objective as I have ever been during any offseason. I see both sides pretty well, and can understand you both. It is about time we were shown something, not just told, you know?

Last offseason pretty much smashed my orange and green glasses.

The only question is Manny.

If he shows mental toughness and strong leadership body language when the inevitable adversity hits, we will be fine.

It’s easy to appear savage and ride yachts and catch phrases in the offseason. The look in your eyes when adversity rears it’s head what shows who you really are.

When Manny got punched in the mouth, he lost his composure. That picture of the Butch handshake was our season in a nut shell. The team played soft because that’s what Manny brought when the going got tough. Problem is, the going always gets tough. Strong coaches overcome.

I like Manny. I think he has potential to be really good, but he has to develop more confidence, poise, and ferocity. If he does, he will win a lot of games. If he doesn’t, the nightmare will continue.

I don’t care if he has to meditate, practice PsychoCybernetics, get a Navy Seal consultant or whatever else. Manny has to sack up. No more looking like a lost little kid on the sideline when things are not going well.

That is the only thing between him and a stellar career at Miami. The problem is it is the most important and hardest to develop aspect of being a championship coach.

Ok, but I was speaking about the cute cheerleaders stalking you ...😂

Please accept apology for my spirited reply, I had been working so hard to play D1 with my brothers Jamie Boone and Tony Chickillo ( the old one ) UM alumni and NFL players and I had everything in play letters scouts at my practices.

Then a career ending gross ankle dislocation hanging down torn ligaments and massive nerve damage.

I tried to comeback but never made it passed spring practice couldn’t even play in spring Jamboree I look at the ankle now dark blue / red varicose veins around my ankle bone SAD BROTHER TOUGH.

Watching my buddies play from the stands and TV ... WAS TOUGH... I WANTED TO PLAY JUST PLAY WITH THEM TOUGH

Just my memory and dreams the Good Lord gives me at night.

GOCANES

Please accept apology for my spirited reply, I had been working so hard to play D1 with my brothers Jamie Boone and Tony Chickillo ( the old one ) UM alumni and NFL players and I had everything in play letters scouts at my practices.

Then a career ending gross ankle dislocation hanging down torn ligaments and massive nerve damage.

I tried to comeback but never made it passed spring practice couldn’t even play in spring Jamboree I look at the ankle now dark blue / red varicose veins around my ankle bone SAD BROTHER TOUGH.

Watching my buddies play from the stands and TV ... WAS TOUGH... I WANTED TO PLAY JUST PLAY WITH THEM TOUGH

Just my memory and dreams the Good Lord gives me at night.

GOCANES
Good to dream, but the thoughts of playing will always be there.....hang on to them...it is part of what you are all about....
Just make **** sure, that you pass that desire on to our team, and they can use Coach Lash as a jumping off point, in order to play REAL football consistently, and not flash.

Advertisement
Sh*ts annoying though, it’s a new season and some of these posters are already with a defeatist mindset. Maybe we aren’t built the same but that irks me to the highest degree

Canes are not a good QB away from Coastal...Can Manny get them to Block Catch or Tackle????

You know what's really annoying.... is you COTDAMM sunshine pumpers with the annual "WE BACK" campaign based off nothing but twitter

Advertisement
They gon find out the hard way...

I'm not letting none of'em on the bandwagon though... They better keep that same energy the whole season.
🤷🏾‍♂️ I hope he does well but we get these shirtless practice session videos all the time with no stats in the season. Not just Pope but players in general. Def make or break year for him being a junior.

Advertisement
Back