Cyrus Moss SR HL

Advertisement
Yes.

He played safety his first 2 years at bishop Gorman . The 2020 season bg was only able to play 2 games. This his first real year of playing dend pretty much
He has a head start on G15......u know Gorman has pretty good coaching as well. He easily puts on 25 pounds by September

Yes.

He played safety his first 2 years at bishop Gorman . The 2020 season bg was only able to play 2 games. This his first real year of playing dend pretty much
If only we had a recent example of a 6’6” 220 de that played safety working out for us.

He'll easily be a solid 240 by the time next season begins. Not his peak weight but that'll be big and strong enough to contribute day 1.
He was 220 in the summer of 2020 at the Nike opening testing, he’s easily going to be over 250 by the time the season starts

Advertisement
He was 220 in the summer of 2020 at the Nike opening testing, he’s easily going to be over 250 by the time the season starts
I was trying to be conservative, sometimes too much weight gain within a short time frame can be detrimental but I trust Feld to guide that process.

@DMoney my comp for Moss is Justin Hollins at Oregon.

Obviously, Feld gonna have to bump him up, but as a lengthy OLB with a quick first step & active hands, I can see him playing in a similar role in this defense.
"A lengthy OLB with a quick first step and active hands."

This is exactly what I see Moss as. To me he is a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4.

Lots of talk about Moss playing as a TF at 240-250 as though every kid can easily put on 20-30 LBs of good weight, get faster and more agile all at the same time in 8-9 months.. Maybe. But don’t count on it.

DE is one of those positions where almost everyone needs two to three years to be physically ready to go up against grown assed men along the OL, plus take on a blocking back at times.

I’m just saying you hope for it but better plan for a portal kid or two to carry the load.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love this commit. But the only way he contributes in 2022 is if he gets his *** on a major workout program tomorrow and never stops. He's too weak and too light in the pants right now to be an impact player at the next level, would get bullied by ACC OTs and blocking TEs. ... 2 years from now though, yeah, I can see a little AQM in this kid, sans the off field drama.
I don’t know he plays strong as **** to me to be only 220 pounds … he could get some 3rd down snaps next year… and it’s easier for tall dudes to gain weight if they want too.. I see him having a role next year but not as a starter

Last edited:
Advertisement
He looked really thin during his announcement so I'm not expecting much this year but his potential is through the roof.
Agreed. I don't think him or Kelly will play much in year 1 outside of special teams. Both are thin and light right now but have great frames to grow into.

He looked really thin during his announcement so I'm not expecting much this year but his potential is through the roof.
Have y’all not learned nothing from greg rousseau and phillips weight gain in recent years with just months being at Miami? ….

Cyrus moss was officially 6’6 220 pounds in july 2020 which was a year and a half ago, he will easily be 245-250 Within months at Miami

Advertisement
Have y’all not learned nothing from greg rousseau and phillips weigh gain in recent years with just months being at Miami? ….

Cyrus moss was officially 6’6 220 pounds in july 2020 which was a year and a half ago, he will easily be 245-250 Within months at Miami
I agree overall, but Phillips sat out a a year to get back in playing shape, he put in work..

Greg put on weight quick but was hurt in like the first game and basically redshirted.. No reason to rush the kid, If he enrolls early he can probably work his way to some pass rushing snaps, some of these gusy want these kids on field starting or something then get disappointed when it doesnt happen

Have y’all not learned nothing from greg rousseau and phillips weight gain in recent years with just months being at Miami? ….

People see a skinny kid and just dont realize he is 6'6. 6'6 and 240 is gonna be a fairly skinny kid, but still big enough to rush the passer in the ACC Coastal. This kid ends up being a lean monster at 270.

Not everyone can just pack on 40 pounds of good weight in a flash. His potential is through the roof but temper expectations for him to contribute early until we see how his body does with the nutrition and lifting plan. I see potential for a future first round pick but that doesn't mean he will be ready to beast college tackles that are 22 years old and bigger and stronger than anything we saw on his highlight tape in less than a year.

Advertisement
Back