Cyrus Moss SR HL

Advertisement
This was my first time watching Moss' film and I came away really impressed. What really stood out to me was his tackling and ability to set the edge. When it comes to squaring up and making contact with the ball carrier, he has really good technique. He is fluid in space and has enough speed to track down the ball carrier. I love seeing that when paired with his ability to rush the passer.

Advertisement
This was my first time watching Moss' film and I came away really impressed. What really stood out to me was his tackling and ability to set the edge. When it comes to squaring up and making contact with the ball carrier, he has really good technique. He is fluid in space and has enough speed to track down the ball carrier. I love seeing that when paired with his ability to rush the passer.
Well he played safety and was moved down to DE bc of his size so his naturally good in space. Just needs to add size and he should be a good one. He reminds me of J Phillips with the way he played the game at DE

Reminds me of Calais Campbell coming out of high school. Tall, a little lean but very fluid and fast with very good functional strength. Already looks good setting the edge.
Probably not as tall but better athlete that CC.. Dude is fluid as ****, when he fills out, Oooowwwweeee

Advertisement
Probably not as tall but better athlete that CC.. Dude is fluid as ****, when he fills out, Oooowwwweeee
Yup, CC was a late bloomer and just exploded when he got on campus. 99/100 a kid like CC stays gumpy and never turns into a 6’8 300lb monster that has a shot at Canton.

Same I posted in the commitment thread.

2:50 on the raiders stadium!!!! He is the backside DE making the play on the playside short of the first down!! I like that

Another thing is that this kid has stopping power on run plays. His reading of the run was really impressive.

When he tackles ball Carrie’s go down. There’s not a lot of Jersey tackling going on here.

The tipped balls are just more icing on the cake. That 6’6 frame I’m certain he will bat a few passes that lead to INTs here at Miami as well.

Pretty excited watching that tape.

Edit. The kid has some closing speed as well. Don’t know what the **** he runs but looks like he gets there in a hurry on field. Watch the swing pass turn to a TFL. The closing speed he has on that is exceptional

1:12 is all I needed to see. Set the edge perfectly, then has that lateral burst down the LOS to tackle the runner hitting the A Gap along the LOS. That's closing speed. He does it again and again and again in this highlight film.

yea hes legit

Rush end will probably end up looking like:

1. Chantz Williams,
2. Jarafari Harvey
3. Cryrus Moss / NyJalik Kelly.
4. Jarabari Ishmael? Thomas Davis? (if he even plays rush end next year)

I also just realized how razor thin we are at rush end.

The kid has the frame, but we need Jabari Ishmael to hit the weight room hard so he can be a contributor.

1. Chantz Williams,
2. Jarafari Harvey

The kid has the frame, but we need Jabari Ishmael to hit the weight room hard so he can be a contributor.
Elijah roberts

Advertisement

1. Chantz Williams,
2. Jarafari Harvey

we are thin at DL we need Stewart ASAP

1. Chantz Williams,
2. Jarafari Harvey

Gotta get Thomas to add to that list

Advertisement
Extremely well coached. He doesn’t just rush to the qb and stays in his assignment on some plays. Insane closing speed for his height.

At the same stage, is he better than Jaelan Phillips at strictly rush-end?

It's an argument, lol. Let's hope.

Elijah roberts

I fully think he will be playing two gap over the tackle, or between the tackle/guard.

He's a big kid who isn't best in space, from what I've seen. However, his length and punch are undeniable.

Honestly, he looks like he could be backing up Jason Lichtenstien this year; which wouldn't be bad.

Advertisement
Back