Crown Swasey???

First of all, we have yet to see these so called strength improvements actually show on the field. How many times did we Shannon and his fanboys prop up Swasey's numbers in the spring, only to see our team get pushed around by the likes of ***king Puke and Shame Forest when it came to actual gametime??? Prove it on the field.

Secondly, why should it take micromanaging from a new head coach to get our strength to do his ***king job??? What the **** was Swasey doing the past 10 years? Shouldnt this "all star" strength coach be able to get his players strong enough to maul teams like Puke on his own???

Swasey has been hot garbage here. No different than this former boss. Golden's two biggest mistakes since coming here are retaining Swasey and hiring Kehoe.

With these two tards, i would be shocked to see our team dominate at the LOS.

Either golden knows what's he doing ot he doesn't. he retained swasey and i'm sure golden knows more about what swasey does than you do.

for being so weak the 2009 and 2010 teams had some of the best offensive numbers in school history.

Numbers?? Who the **** cares about numbers??? Did you even see these shi*hole teams play??? Our teams were absolute dogshi* and Swasey's clueless "strength and conditioning" efforts were exposed as the frauds they are.

Maybe Golden can pull off a miracle and get this moron to do his freaking job. I doubt it though. This boy has the stench of Shannon on him.

Advertisement
First of all, we have yet to see these so called strength improvements actually show on the field. How many times did we Shannon and his fanboys prop up Swasey's numbers in the spring, only to see our team get pushed around by the likes of ***king Puke and Shame Forest when it came to actual gametime??? Prove it on the field.

Secondly, why should it take micromanaging from a new head coach to get our strength to do his ***king job??? What the **** was Swasey doing the past 10 years? Shouldnt this "all star" strength coach be able to get his players strong enough to maul teams like Puke on his own???

Swasey has been hot garbage here. No different than this former boss. Golden's two biggest mistakes since coming here are retaining Swasey and hiring Kehoe.

With these two tards, i would be shocked to see our team dominate at the LOS.

Either golden knows what's he doing ot he doesn't. he retained swasey and i'm sure golden knows more about what swasey does than you do.

for being so weak the 2009 and 2010 teams had some of the best offensive numbers in school history.

Numbers?? Who the **** cares about numbers??? Did you even see these shi*hole teams play??? Our teams were absolute dogshi* and Swasey's clueless "strength and conditioning" efforts were exposed as the frauds they are.

Maybe Golden can pull off a miracle and get this moron to do his freaking job. I doubt it though. This boy has the stench of Shannon on him.

Did you se them play? other han they fact that they lost you contention that s&c was the issue is as about as dumb as you thinking white rb's not getting their fair shake in col. and the nfl.

Moffitt overrated? Wow. I've heard it all. Look at the guy's pedigree. The guys that he worked with continued to be great after he left. Somehow giving Swasey credit for the foundation Moffitt set here stinks of giving Coker credit for the 2001, 2002, and 2003 teams and talent that Butch left. We all know that's bullshizz.

You could call Moffitt overrated if he was a one hit wonder, but the guy has a legacy of being the heart and soul of 4 NC teams and of being considered the number one S&C guy in the NCAA with no shortage of awards and accolades.

Smh at overrated. Wow. Lol.

Moffitt overrated? Wow. I've heard it all. Look at the guy's pedigree. The guys that he worked with continued to be great after he left. Somehow giving Swasey credit for the foundation Moffitt set here stinks of giving Coker credit for the 2001, 2002, and 2003 teams and talent that Butch left. We all know that's bullshizz.

You could call Moffitt overrated if he was a one hit wonder, but the guy has a legacy of being the heart and soul of 4 NC teams and of being considered the number one S&C guy in the NCAA with no shortage of awards and accolades.

You cannot deny the talent at the programs he has been associated with. LSU has been stacked.

Advertisement
agree with Axle.

moffett wouldn't be **** without the talent.

get all of us from here on his strength program and see how many ballgames we win

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that Moffitt himself is overrated; by all accounts, he is one of the best S&C coaches around. Rather, that the amount of credit that he gets for UM's success during that time period as well as LSU's is overrated. Those teams were stacked with talent.

this is a ******* home run.....babe ruth style

well done

We can agree to disagree. It's hard to be lucky that many times over and at so many different places. At some point, it becomes less coincidence and more correlation. S&C programs are the guts of a program and are a huge driver for confidence. If you look at every single one of the programs he's touched, that's what they all have, and, quite frankly, if you don't think that he played a HUGE part in that then we're just on different wavelengths about the issue.

I would, in fact , say that Moffitt is underrated. He's that good.

Advertisement
We can agree to disagree. It's hard to be lucky that many times over and at so many different places. At some point, it becomes less coincidence and more correlation. S&C programs are the guts of a program and are a huge driver for confidence. If you look at every single one of the programs he's touched, that's what they all have, and, quite frankly, if you don't think that he played a HUGE part in that then we're just on different wavelengths about the issue.

Wush: Would you not agree that the following are more important than S&C?

1. Recruitment of talent;
2. Development of talent;
3. Coaching.

I don't want to ascribe percentages of how that correlates to success. That's guesswork. But wouldn't you agree that if you are hitting on all 3, you're going to be **** good, whether Moffitt is your S&C coordinator or Swasey?

3. Coaching.

I don't want to ascribe percentages of how that correlates to success. That's guesswork. But wouldn't you agree that if you are hitting on all 3, you're going to be **** good, whether Moffitt is your S&C coordinator or Swasey?
you can still recruit and develop talent all day long.......but if they still get their asses kicked physically.......it means **** that you coach circles around the guy on the sidelines across from you

strength and physicality isnt gonna be developed by watching film or doing drills......or game planning

3. Coaching.

S&C is a pretty big factor in development of talent. If you're not in shape, you're not going to be able to have consistently good practices and you'll find more of your roster nursing injuries when they should be improving.

As for coaching, do you mean fundamentals or strategy?

3. Coaching.

you can still recruit and develop talent all day long.......but if they still get their asses kicked physically.......it means **** that you coach circles around the guy on the sidelines across from you

strength and physicality isnt gonna be developed by watching film or doing drills......or game planning

Bottom-line: Does LSU have the run its had last 5 years with Swasey? Yes or no. IMO, they've had sooo much talent, phenomenal development of that talent, and great coaching that it doesn't matter whether Swasey or Moffitt is running that program.

EDIT: NFC - presume that "coaching" as I listed above encompasses everything from fundamentals, to strategizing, to surrounding yourself with good assistant coaches, gameplanning, etc.

Advertisement
No question in my mind moffit's impact at miami is overstated. He is somehow given credit for about 6 years worth of players many of whom he never even met. He simultaneously gets credit for guys who were good before he came and guys who were good 3 and 4 years after he left. It is amazing yet not all that relevant 10 years later honestly. If swasey stays and we get really good again, I give golden a lot of credit for turning the program around and swasey credit for his job as well. If one or both fail, both will share some blame. What does not at all work for me is the idea that a guy with no formal s/c background (golden) somehow created the offseason regimen and kept a buffoon around to oversee it rather than anybody else. Who would do that? It doesn't pass the common sense test for me unless self-sabotage is on the agenda.

look at the strength numbers of our guys from past combines. how can anyone say we sucked in strength and conditioning?

guys like forston, vernon, washington and even benji and streeter did very well at the combine

look at the strength numbers of our guys from past combines. how can anyone say we sucked in strength and conditioning?

guys like forston, vernon, washington and even benji and streeter did very well at the combine

That's only one combine my friend. But regardless, these Swasey threads are the best ain't they?

Advertisement
dorsett is the next percy harvin. DP52 is the next ray lewis. Ryan Williams also has serious potential i hope coach recognizes

a guy being a combine warrior doesnt mean he isnt gonna get his *** kicked by somebody across from him on the field

3. Coaching.

Alex:

I would say that S&C is intimately related to numbers 2 and 3. In fact, I don't know how you can separate them because it's easier to coach, develop, and execute, with players who come from such a strong S&C program. I don't know how anyone can refute that. Golden, himself, has said it and his takeover of the program couldn't be any more of an indictment of Swasey's failures at his job.

And to answer your other question, I do NOT think LSU has nearly the same level of success if Swasey was their guy rather than Moffitt. Again, we'll agree to disagree there, but it's hard to deny the tremendous success he's had across multiple programs.

And to Pennmed, Moffitt created a culture that eroded over time and especially once Swasey took over. We all were witness to it. It also makes sense that that players that were part of the program, even as freshman and sophomores, benefitted from it even after he left because of the culture created. What was clear was how players regressed once they started doing things Swasey's way. Sure, you'll say that the quality of player deteriorated as well, but the fact that Golden has had to already reshape the program for his players is pretty telling.

Advertisement
Back