Crown Swasey???

I think a few things. I think strength coaches have some importance but I also believe that they function in the context of a program. The head coach sets the tone of the program. Does anybody foresee nick Saban having a "bad" strength coach? If he hired a new guy today, would that guy fail to put out a big and tough team? Would butch davis' strength coach fail to develop nfl players? Saban runs a certain type of program with certain expectations and his players function within that. The strength coach is expected to give them a program to meet the goals. I suspect that is what is going on here--golden is putting forth a tone and expectations and swasey is expected to provide a mechanism to meet that. What I don't believe is that golden is an idiot, and only an idiot in m mind would keep a stooge around to coordinate an amateur program when he could hire somebody better in all respects to develop a professional program. I don't have any familiarity with what swasey does, but it would seem to me that golden trusts him to accomplish what he wants done. These are critical years and I wouldn't entrust critical years to a proven buffoon (as some would portray swasey).

Advertisement
LOL funny thread. As always Wush and I are on the same page.

And as K9 stated, outside the HC, the S&C coach is or should be the top dog, and swasey wasn't.

Advertisement
Back