Crown Swasey???

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ractice-notes-change-at-um.html#storylink=cpy

So why is the UM football team in so much better conditioned than last year, with 36 players bench-pressing 225 pounds 20 times, compared to 11 last year? “Last year, guys listened to Al Golden, but didn’t understand where he was coming from,” Eduardo Clements said. “Some of those guys have moved on. Some changed their” attitude.

The difference is the players who didn’t completely buy into Golden’s grueling program either left or “don’t want to go 6-6 again, so we’re more willing to do the work, instead of lagging,” Maurice Hagens said. As Brandon Linder put it: “Seeing the results last year, everyone knows what coach Golden says is real.”

Said Golden: “When people are saying we’re getting pushed around by K-State or Boston College or Virginia, we weren’t strong enough. You can make excuses, complain about it or fix it. Hopefully, we’re fixing it.

Advertisement
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ractice-notes-change-at-um.html#storylink=cpy

So why is the UM football team in so much better conditioned than last year, with 36 players bench-pressing 225 pounds 20 times, compared to 11 last year? “Last year, guys listened to Al Golden, but didn’t understand where he was coming from,” Eduardo Clements said. “Some of those guys have moved on. Some changed their” attitude.

The difference is the players who didn’t completely buy into Golden’s grueling program either left or “don’t want to go 6-6 again, so we’re more willing to do the work, instead of lagging,” Maurice Hagens said. As Brandon Linder put it: “Seeing the results last year, everyone knows what coach Golden says is real.”

Said Golden: “When people are saying we’re getting pushed around by K-State or Boston College or Virginia, we weren’t strong enough. You can make excuses, complain about it or fix it. Hopefully, we’re fixing it.

And that's coming from the head coach.

Whether or not Swasey was to blame for the porous S&C, it WAS a problem.

How anyone could even try and defend what Coker and Shannon had for an S&C program is down right dumb. That team was soft, sure the players have to put the effort in, but again these kids had a sense of of who gives a **** and no one held them accountable. No one was given any incentive to get stronger because the coaches did not pay attention. To say otherwise is again dumb. This team was handled by every team they played the past 8 years. I am glad that is changing, but honestly the OL even last year was not that much more physical or stronger. I am waiting to see what these kids bring to the table this year, it is time for some real results.

fatnasty, you nailed it.

The difference between Golden versus Shannon and Radio is his attention to detail - meaning - they are measuring everything.

You got a test coming up, you know you'll be measured, and you put in the effort. Leaving it pretty much to the players to be self-starters without a hard, fast, written record of progress is BS.

Accountability. Measurement. Documentation. Requirements. Performance increase.

[QUOTE/] Accountability. Measurement. Documentation. Requirements. Performance increase.[/QUOTE]

SO NO PED's

Advertisement
K9,

There are plenty of dudes on here who don't know the GOAT Tom Moffitt was and still is. He just wins championships.

There's plenty of data to show that Swasey just sucks and still does. If the guy had any sense of pride, he would have added teeth to the program years ago. Clearly, this is all being driven by Golden. We all know it. The fact that Swasey can make a spreadsheet stating who signed into the weight room, what their max is on their bench now, and how they compare to years past, changes nothing. I feel terrible for even mentioning his name and Moffitt's in the same post.

Moffit's impact at Miami in the short time he was at UM was insane, if you think about it

I remember talking to an ex-Cane who now works in the NFL and went to the 1999 combine and he flat out said that compared to the SEC guys our guys, physically, "Looked like ****''. Was not a fan of what was going on at Coral Gables at that time

Moffit was not even here for our title runs and was only at UM for a year and a half and left in December of 1999. It was Swasey footprint on the program during the years that we were winning and not Moffit.

Last edited:
K9,

There are plenty of dudes on here who don't know the GOAT Tom Moffitt was and still is. He just wins championships.

There's plenty of data to show that Swasey just sucks and still does. If the guy had any sense of pride, he would have added teeth to the program years ago. Clearly, this is all being driven by Golden. We all know it. The fact that Swasey can make a spreadsheet stating who signed into the weight room, what their max is on their bench now, and how they compare to years past, changes nothing. I feel terrible for even mentioning his name and Moffitt's in the same post.

Moffit's impact at Miami in the short time he was at UM was insane, if you think about it

I remember talking to an ex-Cane who now works in the NFL and went to the 2009 combine and he flat out said that compared to the SEC guys our guys, physically, "Looked like ****''. Was not a fan of what was going on at Coral Gables at that time

Moffit was not even here for our title runs and was only at UM for a year and a half and left in December of 2009. It was Swasey footprint on the program during the years that we were winning and not Moffit.

Uh, yeah, I forgot, Moffit's a cracker-***, cracker, so yeah, I should've seen this coming...

K9,

I remember talking to an ex-Cane who now works in the NFL and went to the 2009 combine and he flat out said that compared to the SEC guys our guys, physically, "Looked like ****''. Was not a fan of what was going on at Coral Gables at that time

Moffit was not even here for our title runs and was only at UM for a year and a half and left in December of 2009. It was Swasey footprint on the program during the years that we were winning and not Moffit.
complete....total and absolute fail

moffitt spent 3 years at miami.......the first of which was 1997.......swasey worked under him for a year before taking over......which oddly enough......wasnt long before things started to go south

he was with lsu in 09....not miami

you have zero clue what you are talking about

hes been a big part part of 4 NC teams........tenn.......miami and 2 at lsu.....dude is the goods

stop posting because its clearly not your strong suit

Last edited:
Moffitt is overrated. He might be the best proponent of the Hatch System; but we'd still be the same sad sack of **** we were under Coker and Shannon because neither could recruit, coach, or develop at a high level.

No talent + no coaching = crap, regardless whether Moffitt is strength coach or not.

Advertisement
K9,

I remember talking to an ex-Cane who now works in the NFL and went to the 1999 combine and he flat out said that compared to the SEC guys our guys, physically, "Looked like ****''. Was not a fan of what was going on at Coral Gables at that time

Moffitt left when Butch left. Prior to 2001 championships season.

K9,

Moffit was not even here for our title runs and was only at UM for a year and a half and left in December of 1999. It was Swasey footprint on the program during the years that we were winning and not Moffit.
complete....total and absolute fail

moffitt spent 4 years at miami.......the first of which was 1997.......swasey worked under him for a year before taking over......which oddly enough......wasnt long before things started to go south

he was with lsu in 09....not miami

you have zero clue what you are talking about

hes been a part of 4 NC teams........tenn.......miami and 2 at lsu.....dude is the goods

stop posting because its clearly not your strong suit

If Moffitt started at UM and spent four years as the S& C, that means he would have been the S & C coach during our 2001 title. Once again you are completely wrong

Moffitt was appointed LSU's Strength and Conditioning Coordinator on Jan. 10, 2000 http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=173999

Like I said Moffitt left Miami December of 1999 and Arrived in Miami in 1997.

Swasey only worked with Moffitt for the 1997 -1998 seasons before leaving for Houston in 1999.

Last edited:
K9,

Moffitt left when Butch left. Prior to 2001 championships season.

I meant to type 1999 and have edited the response

Moffitt is overrated. He might be the best proponent of the Hatch System; but we'd still be the same sad sack of **** we were under Coker and Shannon because neither could recruit, coach, or develop at a high level.

No talent + no coaching = crap, regardless whether Moffitt is strength coach or not.
while i agree that if you cant recruit or develop talent.......you are already behind the 8 ball.......there were games we lost over the last decade but more specifically from 03-05 simply because we got our asses kicked......when tommy was around......we werent often out physicaled or overpowered

Advertisement

while i agree that if you cant recruit or develop talent.......you are already behind the 8 ball.......there were games we lost over the last decade but more specifically from 03-05 simply because we got our asses kicked......when tommy was around......we werent often out physicaled or overpowered

Well, yeah, but we also had **** good talent.

in 97 and 98 we were a pretty mediocre team from a talent standpoint

Still more talent than the dregs of the Coker/Shannon years. Wasn't that Covington years? Wouldn't Covington be better than any of the QBs we've had since Dorsey? And didn't that team have Edge, Reed, Moss, Wayne, etc. Again, more talented.

Advertisement
First of all, we have yet to see these so called strength improvements actually show on the field. How many times did we Shannon and his fanboys prop up Swasey's numbers in the spring, only to see our team get pushed around by the likes of ***king Puke and Shame Forest when it came to actual gametime??? Prove it on the field.

Secondly, why should it take micromanaging from a new head coach to get our strength to do his ***king job??? What the **** was Swasey doing the past 10 years? Shouldnt this "all star" strength coach be able to get his players strong enough to maul teams like Puke on his own???

Swasey has been hot garbage here. No different than this former boss. Golden's two biggest mistakes since coming here are retaining Swasey and hiring Kehoe. With these two tards, i would be shocked to see our team dominate at the LOS.

BS. miami got better because talent and depth got better along with the players plain and simple. wasn't moffit hear when syracuse scored 66 points? lmfao. worse than anything that's happened under swasey but i don't see you blaming muffin for that. it's dumb.

First of all, we have yet to see these so called strength improvements actually show on the field. How many times did we Shannon and his fanboys prop up Swasey's numbers in the spring, only to see our team get pushed around by the likes of ***king Puke and Shame Forest when it came to actual gametime??? Prove it on the field.

Secondly, why should it take micromanaging from a new head coach to get our strength to do his ***king job??? What the **** was Swasey doing the past 10 years? Shouldnt this "all star" strength coach be able to get his players strong enough to maul teams like Puke on his own???

Swasey has been hot garbage here. No different than this former boss. Golden's two biggest mistakes since coming here are retaining Swasey and hiring Kehoe.

With these two tards, i would be shocked to see our team dominate at the LOS.

Either golden knows what's he doing ot he doesn't. he retained swasey and i'm sure golden knows more about what swasey does than you do.

for being so weak the 2009 and 2010 teams had some of the best offensive numbers in school history.

Miami sure was physical and over powwering while losing to FSU 47-0.

Advertisement
Back