***Crootin' Stories*** Vol. 1

Of course this occurs. However, everyone who leaves isn't getting paid. Like Killa said, only the elite and sure fire 1st round talent. Every time we lose a player we want it's not because of money. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. We can't always say we lose because of "this player got paid". If that was the case an argument can be raised that we're playing that game too. I mean we got Howard and Burns who were committed or leaning to the SEC. However, I doubt we paid them but if we can use that excuse against other schools they can do the same with us.

Going back to what Killa said. Only elite prospects get broke off big. Like Peterson, Pouncey twins, AP, etc. I knew a 5 star from down here who left the state to be a Vol. He was telling people he wanted to stay in state but he was given a check for 10k. 10k really? He could have waited for his yearly Pell Grant. He was a 5 star. Not everyone gets paid handsomely to sign with a school.

You must be talking about Gerald Williams lol. Ask me how I know...

Hahaaa! You know what? You're close... Really close... Same class and same region but he was a safety prospect... However, I didn't know Williams was like that he had a hard time getting into Utenn. He was an intriguing linebacker prospect but his game never translated.

**** I had deleted that. Didn't wanna put that out there like that LOL

If the kid your talkin about is a bahamian kid from the same region...i think everybody on here already knows about that situation from the GRASSY days

Advertisement
Of course this occurs. However, everyone who leaves isn't getting paid. Like Killa said, only the elite and sure fire 1st round talent. Every time we lose a player we want it's not because of money. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. We can't always say we lose because of "this player got paid". If that was the case an argument can be raised that we're playing that game too. I mean we got Howard and Burns who were committed or leaning to the SEC. However, I doubt we paid them but if we can use that excuse against other schools they can do the same with us.

Going back to what Killa said. Only elite prospects get broke off big. Like Peterson, Pouncey twins, AP, etc. I knew a 5 star from down here who left the state to be a Vol. He was telling people he wanted to stay in state but he was given a check for 10k. 10k really? He could have waited for his yearly Pell Grant. He was a 5 star. Not everyone gets paid handsomely to sign with a school.

Dee Morley Likes This

lmao^^^^^ my post above this was just stating this without naming him...it was a Wright special from down south...that street agent

Dee Morley Likes This

lmao^^^^^ my post above this was just stating this without naming him...it was a Wright special from down south...that street agent

100% correct...I actually was at a friends house in West Perrine and he was there with Kayne Farquarson...he got dismissed from Tennessee and Kayne told him to call Coach Walton to see about getting into UM cause they had a spot for him and he declined saying that they had nothing for him (money)...at the time I didn't understand..but it all makes since now...now I think he in the CFL

Either drop names or it didn't

happen. You desiring attention is the only truth to grab from your post. Everything else is just speculation.

I hate that foolish statement, he can't give names use your head.

It's a joke to bring something up and not give the whole story. And why can't he say a name? Is he worried he'll lose his 'contacts'? The recruiting game is dirty and people like the OP who 'know something' are part of the reason. Call 'em out or things will stay the same.

meast it doesn't work like that... I know you're naive, but some things don't need to be discussed.

TY Hilton had a nice camaro that was painted in FIU colors.

and his dad had the exact same one.

on a side note, I saw some freshmen football players get ID'd and eventually turned down at Sandbar.

I'm guessing that SEC bag men paid off the bouncers so Miami players couldn't go out and use this as negative recruiting.

Advertisement
I knew of a DT a few years ago that signed with UF where they got the kids mom a job at Shands and moved here down

i personally have spent time with the hilton's several times and never saw a camaro. **** even worked with his dad. the guy used to get dropped off from his wife's suv
TY Hilton had a nice camaro that was painted in FIU colors.

and his dad had the exact same one.

on a side note, I saw some freshmen football players get ID'd and eventually turned down at Sandbar.

I'm guessing that SEC bag men paid off the bouncers so Miami players couldn't go out and use this as negative recruiting.

Advertisement

Interesting. Pace. I know next to nothing about the private schools in south Florida, although STA is easy to remember. None of these schools existed when I went to HS in south Florida but that was a long time ago. What's been our history with Pace? I can't remember who we've gotten and who we've lost from that school.

There was a big battle with UF over DVD.

Does Pace have a big SEC connection?

Dee Morley Likes This

100% correct...I actually was at a friends house in West Perrine and he was there with Kayne Farquarson...he got dismissed from Tennessee and Kayne told him to call Coach Walton to see about getting into UM cause they had a spot for him and he declined saying that they had nothing for him (money)...at the time I didn't understand..but it all makes since now...now I think he in the CFL

After getting dismissed from UT he was still expecting money from somebody else?

Interesting. Pace. I know next to nothing about the private schools in south Florida, although STA is easy to remember. None of these schools existed when I went to HS in south Florida but that was a long time ago. What's been our history with Pace? I can't remember who we've gotten and who we've lost from that school.

There was a big battle with UF over DVD.

Does Pace have a big SEC connection?

Stephen Morris went to pace. so did deandre Johnson.

Dee Morley Likes This

After getting dismissed from UT he was still expecting money from somebody else?

The kid was really immature. I met him around that same time. I didn't know who he was. I was into recruiting back then. He was dismissed from Utenn, however that didn't humble him. He kept an entitled mindset. He eventually was readmitted into Utenn after getting in some trouble(nothing serious just stupid). However that was short lived because he was later dismissed again by the university. He along with Eric Berry gave Utenn a formidable secondary.

Advertisement
If people think stuff like this doesn't go on after years of compelling evidence and the recent bagman article, then I don't know what to tell you.

There's an arms race going on and we're like a third world country. Our only advantage is location, and that's been mitigated by years of interlopers coming down to SoFla and setting up shop.

That said, our situation isn't hopeless. It's just going to be a helluva lot tougher than we've thought.

Yeah, it is funny as **** how many moron fans we have that get their panties in a twist when you dare mention paid recruits bailing South FLA to places they probably couldn't find on a map...then they rail the coaches for slack recruiting efforts.

Truly sad there are people out there that still believe we recruit anywhere remotely close to a level playing field. It's Bank of America v. Telco Credit Union bad...

UM

Dee Morley Likes This

The kid was really immature. I met him around that same time. I didn't know who he was. I was into recruiting back then. He was dismissed from Utenn, however that didn't humble him. He kept an entitled mindset. He eventually was readmitted into Utenn after getting in some trouble(nothing serious just stupid). However that was short lived because he was later dismissed again by the university. He along with Eric Berry gave Utenn a formidable secondary.

goon...from Freeport, Bahamas...good player + athleticism ( he was a jr track star in bahamas)....still in cfl. Had he came to um would of been in nfl...went to Killian and that b.s.s school that got everybody qualified to go to college...so um ..passed on him

goon...from Freeport, Bahamas...good player + athleticism ( he was a jr track star in bahamas)....still in cfl. Had he came to um would of been in nfl...went to Killian and that b.s.s school that got everybody qualified to go to college...so um ..passed on him

Didn't that kid Ricardo Louis go to that school as well for at least a little while. Funny how quite a few of those guys ended up at a school where trooper taylor was employed(at least while he was recruiting them. I remember a Ricardo decommited and switched to fsu few here coley recruited him. Back to aubrenz later on.

There's a guy on the roster right now, I'm REAL SKEPTICAL about how gulden and staff pulled that one off. On another not, these kids really don't get that much. That's why when that article about some dad saying his kid was offered half a million dollars to commit to a certain school but chose Texas and me anyways because of principle I just lmao. NO ONE is breaking that kind of bread for a RECRUIT. Now an AGENT, I could definitely see giving a kid pre draft that amount in any sports a long as there's a plan In place to pay it back.

Advertisement

Didn't that kid Ricardo Louis go to that school as well for at least a little while. Funny how quite a few of those guys ended up at a school where trooper taylor was employed(at least while he was recruiting them. I remember a Ricardo decommited and switched to fsu few here coley recruited him. Back to aubrenz later on.

There's a guy on the roster right now, I'm REAL SKEPTICAL about how gulden and staff pulled that one off. On another not, these kids really don't get that much. That's why when that article about some dad saying his kid was offered half a million dollars to commit to a certain school but chose Texas and me anyways because of principle I just lmao. NO ONE is breaking that kind of bread for a RECRUIT. Now an AGENT, I could definitely see giving a kid pre draft that amount in any sports a long as there's a plan In place to pay it back.

yep - that's the sad part. These kids are being bought with a couple thousand dollars here, a promised job there. It's hard for these kids NOT to be short sighted and think long term b/c of how they grew up. Sad.

As for Morley, had he joined KP here at Miami - sheesh, what a secondary. I wanted Morley bad that year.

F&*$ you, Altron Wright!

yep - that's the sad part. These kids are being bought with a couple thousand dollars here, a promised job there. It's hard for these kids NOT to be short sighted and think long term b/c of how they grew up. Sad.

As for Morley, had he joined KP here at Miami - sheesh, what a secondary. I wanted Morley bad that year.

F&*$ you, Altron Wright!

Sorry but if I'm a 4*+ and if my family income is 20k or less a year and my favorite college team is miami. It doesn't matter when thy offer my mom a job making 30k a year or more. I'm looking long term for my family. Of that is the circumstances for some of theses kids. I don't blame them. It's not the kids or their family's. It's everyone else involved.

This story needs more Canes bagmen.

UM doesn't need one bagman with a huge Kroger sack, it needs SEC type bagMEN with lots of smaller paper sacks.

We have to have some of the dumbest bagmen in history. You NEVER put all your eggs in one basket.

Advertisement
Back