***Crootin' Stories*** Vol. 1

Advertisement
FIFY

If people think stuff like this doesn't go on after years of compelling evidence and the recent bagman article, then I don't know what to tell you.

There's an arms race going on and we're like a third world country. Our only advantage is location, and that's been mitigated by years of interlopers coming down to SoFla and our having hired multiple incompetent coaches while at the same time our administration has required our football players also to be a bunch of goonless choir boys.

That said, our situation isn't hopeless. It's just going to be a helluva lot tougher than we've thought.

Last edited:
I went to school with Deon. It wasn't him. Not too many administrators have ties to the SEC.

Advertisement
Either drop names or it didn't happen. You desiring attention is the only truth to grab from your post. Everything else is just speculation.

I hate that foolish statement, he can't give names use your head.

It's a joke to bring something up and not give the whole story. And why can't he say a name? Is he worried he'll lose his 'contacts'? The recruiting game is dirty and people like the OP who 'know something' are part of the reason. Call 'em out or things will stay the same.

Either drop names or it didn't happen. You desiring attention is the only truth to grab from your post. Everything else is just speculation.

It's a joke to bring something up and not give the whole story. And why can't he say a name? Is he worried he'll lose his 'contacts'? The recruiting game is dirty and people like the OP who 'know something' are part of the reason. Call 'em out or things will stay the same.

because if he gives a name, it may not only be traced back to OP it may also perhaps trigger another bs NCAA violation.

the name is irrelevant to the story in my opinion.

this happens. Miami has some means to fight back but not enough.

because if he gives a name, it may not only be traced back to OP it may also perhaps trigger another bs NCAA violation.

the name is irrelevant to the story in my opinion.

this happens. Miami has some means to fight back but not enough.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion. The information he gave out is pretty specific (not sure why he didn't just come out and say it, but somebody did).

Good stuff Vern, people criticize this staff about not landing certain recruits and all this stuff happens behind close doors...and Miami cant afford to pay recruits cause for some reason we always get caught up and the NCAA would fry our *** like some chicken...if this is really happening, I commend the staff for getting who they can cause its hard to compete when the SEC is throwing dollars at the street agents n kids like strippers

Advertisement
Cmon brah, I give you an inch you want a mile... I made it easy to figure out..But does it matter who it was? Just giving you guys info of whats going on out chere' in crootin. I'm not trying to change this corrupt system .....it is what it is.... kids still going to college for free,

Cmon brah, I give you an inch you want a mile... I made it easy to figure out..But does it matter who it was? Just giving you guys info of whats going on out chere' in crootin. I'm not trying to change this corrupt system .....it is what it is.... kids still going to college for free,

Thanks for the invite Vern.

It is understandable why you would change from blackvern to bleakvern given these type of facts and circumstances, thanks for the post.

Advertisement
If true, and I have no reason to doubt you Vern (or believe you for that matter), then that is on the SEC school. Bush league way of securing a recruit. Just dumb to front-load the benefits like that without a more attractive anchor.

If people think stuff like this doesn't go on after years of compelling evidence and the recent bagman article, then I don't know what to tell you.

There's an arms race going on and we're like a third world country. Our only advantage is location, and that's been mitigated by years of interlopers coming down to SoFla and setting up shop.

That said, our situation isn't hopeless. It's just going to be a helluva lot tougher than we've thought.

The thing is, this has been going on for decades. See SMU. **** teams like Texas, OU, Bama, USC, etc. back in the day made no secrets about paying players. This was in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Miami dominated then, why can't they do so now?

As to Vern's story...I believe him. The recruiting game is shady and grimy as ****...on both sides. The thing I keep telling people though, is that it isn't as widespread as people believe. All schools are doing it so in that sense its widespread, but 50+ recruits in one region ain't getting paid off, it doesn't work like that. Only the elite of the elite once in a generation types get broken off with 50k or the like. The Adrian Peterson, Pat Peterson, Reggie Bush types. People around here would have you believe every S. Florida player that goes somewhere is getting paid. No.

If you're talking about little things like hundred dollar handshakes, hos, or special perks, all schools do that. Yes that includes Miami. Also includes UF, I know of players personally who got all kinds of perks. Only know of one recent player who really got broken off though, like house or car type ****. I'm sure most can figure it out...

Advertisement
Blackvern keep them coming. I don't think people that follow recruiting realize south florida has to be the easy area to corrupt a recruit and easy area to persuade a recruit to leave. Schools know if Miami keeps the kids from the area at Miami it's lights out of for the rest of college footballso they go the money route which is what most recruits families lacking. It's not that they dont want to come here

Advertisement
Back