Cristobol chew out Frosh for celebrating.......

Advertisement
Will he do it again? Unlikely.

Was it over the top? I don't think so, but people are soft as **** today. Oregon has a chance to do something special this year and while they ended up way ahead, that maybe costs them later in the year.

You also can't say he embarrassed that young man. The action of the player was what led to it, he was correcting it.
The announcer at the end of that clip has a case full of participation trophies.

The most impressive part of that scene wasn't Cristobal. Instead, the kid kept eye contact the entire time. Either he trusts the **** out of Cristobal or the kid was raised like a G. Or both. Really impressive from that kid. He made a mistake and was completely accountable. Great attitude on getting ripped.
Must be nice to have that leadership.

Honestly i dont care for antics like that. You can teach a kid without embarrassing him. I know its probably not a popular opinion, but that kid got the point in the first *** chewing session. No need to do it 3 more times.
It's not about the kid. It's doubling down on the lesson for the team. Mental lapses cost teams. Individual is secondary to the team as a whole.

Nah, because if he's consistently doing stupid crap, then he shouldn't have been on the field. It's obvious that this young person is used to being screamed at, hence why he just sat there and took it.

You make your point, and go from there. Frankly, the best way to get through to a knucklehead is to eventually stop dealing with them. I had a coach, that if you screwed up often enough, you'd end up on the bench AND he wouldn't say a **** thing to you. From the guys that I played with that got that treatment, they to a man admit that the silence and Coach giving up on you hurt way more than any amount of yelling.
Didn’t watch the game, but if the ducks had more bonehead penalties like that I can see a coach losing his temper.

but then again, I think it falls on coaching to some degree

Advertisement
The most impressive part of that scene wasn't Cristobal. Instead, the kid kept eye contact the entire time. Either he trusts the **** out of Cristobal or the kid was raised like a G. Or both. Really impressive from that kid. He made a mistake and was completely accountable. Great attitude on getting ripped.
You know what, you're right. Good catch. I bet he absorbed the lesson and will get better.

So kick the kid in the *** and tell him that pain isnt for him, its for the team right. Lol. Man the comments in here are some **** takes.
Well if you’re playing a TEAM sport and your actions jeopardize the TEAM yeah you coach/discipline how you see fit.

Out of all the **** takes in this thread your’s is the worse.

Last i check mario’s approach has led to more success coaching football than yours, boy.

Or, like a lot of people that grew up in abusive homes and chaotic situations, they can just put up with things that others won't.

There's nothing wrong with hard coaching, but this was a bit extra.
I don't think you're giving kids who grew up in "normal" situations enough credit.
I didn't watch the rest of the game, but my guess is that the kid got back out there and probably played pretty well
....and he didn't spin the ball.
So, if he's ok with it and the message got across, then so be it.

The biggest question is will the kid do it again? I bet he won't. So he learned a lesson. That's called coaching. And people bringing Saban into this? Have you never watched that ******* coach? He throws tantrums when they score but didn't "execute" it the way he wants. FOH

Advertisement
The real story in that clip is how Rod gilmore continued his streak of always been the biggest *****-loving, estrogenated ******** in all of sports media.

He cries like the rod (loving) gilmore that he is about Cristobal going too far. Man I really like Rod Gilmore as a broadcaster but his constant erring on the side of softness takes so much away from his game.

The biggest question is will the kid do it again? I bet he won't. So he learned a lesson. That's called coaching. And people bringing Saban into this? Have you never watched that ******* coach? He throws tantrums when they score but didn't "execute" it the way he wants. FOH
Saban threw a headset while up 42-14 on ND late in the game, when an OL flinched and drew a false start on 3rd-and-2. Chewed out the player on the sideline, too. Game, and undefeated NC season was OVER.

Did he go too far?

Yes, Saban is an AH.

I don't think you're giving kids who grew up in "normal" situations enough credit.
I didn't watch the rest of the game, but my guess is that the kid got back out there and probably played pretty well
....and he didn't spin the ball.
So, if he's ok with it and the message got across, then so be it.
There are coaches that used to assault players and it got the message across, doesn't mean the ends justify the means. As I said before, there's nothing wrong with holding people accountable, but when it goes from holding people accountable to being out of control that's an issue. I'm not saying that Mario is consistently like that, it may have been a one off, but it makes you wonder.

Frankly, I'm more from the Belichick/Saban school of management: Teach, correct, but eventually know when to cut the cord and move on. Saban may chew a guy out, but I've never seen him look out of control doing it.

Don't be this guy. Don't be the guy so out of control, you just look like a dumbass.

Advertisement
The real story in that clip is how Rod gilmore continued his streak of always been the biggest *****-loving, estrogenated ******** in all of sports media.

He cries like the rod (loving) gilmore that he is about Cristobal going too far. Man I really like Rod Gilmore as a broadcaster but his constant erring on the side of softness takes so much away from his game.
I didn't know expecting leaders to behave like leaders was being "Soft". Lots of wannabe tough guys on this board. These are glorified gym teachers, they aren't preparing men to go marching into battle, they aren't preparing guys to do things that in the big scheme of things truly matter. One can love sports, one can love the lessons one learns from sports and also have a problem with people taking this crap far too seriously.

Hold a guy accountable? YES. Expect the best out of your staff and hold them accountable? YES. Look like an out of control douchebag? No.

It's easy to yell at a young man that doesn't have any leverage. There's a reason why Saban was a MISERABLE failure in the NFL, those are grown men you are working with, they aren't putting up with your crap.

Well if you’re playing a TEAM sport and your actions jeopardize the TEAM yeah you coach/discipline how you see fit.

Out of all the **** takes in this thread your’s is the worse.

Last i check mario’s approach has led to more success coaching football than yours, boy.
Man these Mario dikk sukkers take any negative comments as a threat on his livelyhood. A person can like Mario but dislike a singular action that he's done. If some of you girls stop playing with your stinky puzzys to pics of Mario for a second or two maybe the lust would calm down and the mind could think for a minute or two.

Advertisement
Man these Mario dikk sukkers take any negative comments as a threat on his livelyhood. A person can like Mario but dislike a singular action that he's done. If some of you girls stop playing with your stinky puzzys to pics of Mario for a second or two maybe the lust would calm down and the mind could think for a minute or two.
LOL… go pump my gas boy.. im not going back and forth with fools.

Will he do it again? Unlikely.

Was it over the top? I don't think so, but people are soft as **** today. Oregon has a chance to do something special this year and while they ended up way ahead, that maybe costs them later in the year.

You also can't say he embarrassed that young man. The action of the player was what led to it, he was correcting it.
Perfect.

Advertisement
Back